It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
looking through a selection of youtube and google video clips of mr angel , one constant leapt out at me , he seems incapable of " levitating " while facing the camera

i was actually trying to find something else , as a favour to a friend .

but i thought this observation worthy of sharing on ATS .

make of it what you will

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i haven't been watching his show in a while

has there been any other seemingly impossible feats that he has done (the answer is probably yes)

thanks...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
looking through a selection of youtube and google video clips of mr angel , one constant leapt out at me , he seems incapable of " levitating " while facing the camera

Of coarse he doesn’t face the camera. Then you would be able to see his leg.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
that is blatantly incorrect information... I have seen him atleast 2-3 times levitate WHILE facing the camera... aswell as NOT using the foot infront of you technique...

please try again.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Criss Angel making a video showing how he does the trick is incorrect information?

When a magician reveals his own trick, like in the video posted above, it seems silly not to believe him.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by japike
Whats the liquid you can breathe? I have seen them test it on hamsters,mice etc?

Actually that is a good topic in itself on humans living beneath the sea. I've come across rumours that special groups in the US military have experimented with this kind of technology for very deep sea diving. I assume the fluid has a lot of oxygen in it. It must be taken into the lungs which is difficult to do since the lungs try to reject it, in favour of air only.

I think that houndini and these guys went from cheap sleight of hand to magic tricks to illusion then to the most difficult of all: demonstrations of mind over matter.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Criss Angel making a video showing how he does the trick is incorrect information?

When a magician reveals his own trick, like in the video posted above, it seems silly not to believe him.

I would like to quote another thread I wrote this in..

I would like to point out the times he explains a magic trick....

some explanations are easily explained as illusions... like the lipstick on the hand..

or the coin thru the table...

BUT the difference between those two examples is baffling.. in the coin explanation he DOES NOT do what he did in the first place.... he explains a technique DIFFERENT than his illusion...

He seems to be explaining some things because he's scaring people off with this 'crazy' stuff...

I would say around 45% of his acts are illusion... hes horrible when he actually uses slight of hand.. it looks so sloppy, but when he does other illusions, that are truly baffling they are seamless...

Like this levitation explanation only accounts for say..... 1 kind of his levitation trick... go over the videos (plural) and there are numerous times where he obviously doesn't use the method implied to accomplish the actual 'illusion'

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Maybe you can post some links so we can see these videos?

I’ve seen a few episodes of Mind Freak in none of them does he show how other people do his tricks and every time I’ve seen him do the levitation he is facing away from the camera.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
When he levitates infront of general public (the public give a real reaction) Like David Blaine he has his back to them and uses his toes on one foot to rises up (he stands at an angle), when they get higher they are infront of actors dressed to look like the public people from before, to get more than 2 inches of the floor they are on wires that are attached to a crane.
the TWO videos are cut together and wala you can levitate.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I only looked at the first video there, but he is on wires and you cant see the crane because its behind the camera, IT'S AN ILLUSION< if the man can fly wouldn't he do the superman pose and not be upright because he has a band round his waist and two wires running up his sides.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I find that hilarious because the second one isn't as easy to say CRANE to...

Because he's in a park and they get a 360 of him... lol

Not to mention I've seen that trick done where they used a stick to prove there were no wires...

But I'm sure you'll come up with something to discredit the possibility.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Watch this, when she is fully off the ground, the camera goes round them, when it goes from behind him to infront of her you can quite claerly if you look close see a wire attached to her waistband(which he attaches when he puts his hands on her).
If you dont see it first time watch it again, it becomes visible when it passes him and some of the background light

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
I find that hilarious because the second one isn't as easy to say CRANE to...

Because he's in a park and they get a 360 of him... lol

Not to mention I've seen that trick done where they used a stick to prove there were no wires...

But I'm sure you'll come up with something to discredit the possibility.

I'm going to ask you if you beleive he can do this unaided? Thats it.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
To pure energy

Think about it, he is a man…on TV….doing lame tricks. Don’t you think he would be doing something different if he had powers?

If you had powers would you be sitting there doing stupid # for shock value?

Don’t you think he would be world famous with all of the news stations marveling at his mysterious talents?
Better yet, wouldn’t he be a threat to various different types of security if he really had powers? Would they let him just walk around?

Or does the government keep him locked away nice and safe between shows?

You are ignorant. Get a grip.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marclar
To pure energy

Think about it, he is a man…on TV….doing lame tricks. Don’t you think he would be doing something different if he had powers?

If you had powers would you be sitting there doing stupid # for shock value?

Don’t you think he would be world famous with all of the news stations marveling at his mysterious talents?
Better yet, wouldn’t he be a threat to various different types of security if he really had powers? Would they let him just walk around?

Or does the government keep him locked away nice and safe between shows?

You are ignorant. Get a grip.

as he said himself most of his stuff is real and some of it is illusions and he likes to blur the line between the two...

I think he can do some stuff by himself...

and if I had powers like that is irrelevant, because we all have powers we don't know, its just natural... like bending forks...

but since he has 'powers' he's demonstrating them for others so people can perhaps start learning some things about themselves.... opening peoples minds and providing possibilities to those who usually are depressed and feeling theres no possible help...

it doesn't really matter whats real and whats illusion, all I'm saying is that SOME of the things he explains as illusions are not illusions but real.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
He is a good ILLUSIONIST yes, he takes the style of David Blaine to a much larger perspective.
If you want a real supernatural styled illusionist check out Englishman Derron Brown, he mixes hypnotism, slight of hand, showmanship and all other styles of paranormal tricks and comes up with very good results.
You wont be dissapointed.

For example of his work, he made a computer game (put it in an arcade game box) with Zombies that does hypnotize with flashes in certain points and put it in a Bar, unsuspecting person starts playing and completely blanks out (still stood up, but you can stand when hypnotized) Derron comes in, puts him on a bed that has been brought in, and takes him down the street to a warehouse that is set up exactly like the zombie video game and puts a pretend gun that does bang in his hand, Derron in another room says over a tannoy a command to wake him up, guy wakes up not knowing were he is then slowly people in zombie make start coming in and attacking him, anyway the guy completely flips out and starts shooting them and they even have blood packs on so the guy thinks it is real.

But anyway he is the best Trickster I have ever seen.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The one of him in the park is easy. There's a rig running down his back that supports him. It's concealed by his clothes. There was something buried in the ground it hooked into to support him.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
The one of him in the park is easy. There's a rig running down his back that supports him. It's concealed by his clothes. There was something buried in the ground it hooked into to support him.

I never saw that, and I doubt it very much. If you were to go and watch a levitation live in person close up, you may rethink your theory. Your talking like you are sure of this rig. Did you see it? It looked like there was air alone under him, and the cameras did do 360s. Where was this hook thing? Did you see any of it, or are you just making a wild guess? You can watch dozens of levitations on tv and rationalize it away.... without any proof to support your guesses. But in person its different. To me anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
chris angel is a money whore, he was sponsered by pontiac for a while and there was some stunts he did that involved pontiac, we call him pontiac freak or money whore or money freak.

granted he's got skillz with his hands for missdirection and magician techniques and all that but that's it, oh and he did catch an arrow in mid air but that is practice practice practice.

if a person was able to do these things for real he would be wize enough to stay away from any form of television show period.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join