It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 139
<< 136  137  138   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
at first i was impressed, i now think chris angel is very fake though

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
After a long time away from this subject, which will NEVER be settled properly, I return to add yet again the well known and impossible to refute facts:

1. If all it takes to be a superstar illusionist and millionaire is enough money to edit video and pay off people who never once , ever, break the promise to remain silent, there would NO DOUBT be others wanting a piece of the pie.

2. No human being, other than Criss Angel, has done what he does, in front of witnesses, NONE of whom have EVER claimed to be a paid shill.

3. No person has ever come forward at any time and allaged that he/she was paid or asked to play along with a hoax to validate the events.

4. Criss Angel events, such a high levitations and teleportations , have NEVER been duplicated and shown to be possible for anyone with props, etc.

5. People who assume without evidence that Criss is just a very lucky guy, who seems to have the business all to himself , are ignoring reality.

6. There has NEVER been any expose' about Criss that exposes how he does what he does. There has never been a single person on earth that has shown that he can do what Criss does, as he does it.

Take for example the LUXOR levitation: I personally checked this out thoroughly and state without reservation that : There were NO PROPS attached to the Luxor or adjacent hotels that could be used in the event.

There were no " wires" , invisible helicopters or lifting platforms installed in the roof area for Criss to use.

The witnesses were all in agreement that IF there had been any props, they would have been EASILY seen and the event figured out on the spot.

All the naysayers can do is bleat :" but he is an illusionist ! " and hope that no one asks the hard questions, such as HOW anyone could get thosands of person over many years to remain absolutely silent and loyal and never spill the beans...it is ludicrous to imagine that scores of people would remain silent forever just because Criss asked them to, or as the naysauyers imagine, had some ' contract ' ( never proven to exist ) that scared them so badly that they remained silen forever...nonsense.

No one, EVER, has done what Criss does, even WITH PROPS!! not one skeptic has EVER come forward and shown how Criss does it....they always fail because the props are always showing and apparent, not like with Criss, where NO PROPS are EVER shown or proven.

Bottom line : Until ONE PERSON steps up and says " Hey, I can replicate that trick " and does so exactly as Criss does it, we can assume with assurance that Criss is a very unique person that can manipulate the elements and defy logical ( or common ) knowledge of how things work.

If you do not have the brain power to figure out HOW criss does what he does, you cannot assume that it is NOT what it appears to be!! It IS what it seems to be; The most logical answer is often the least considered one when the human mind is incapable of asimilating the evidence and coming to a sound conclusion without getting confused due to conditioning.

Just think, if a small child saw Criss do his thing, he would not think it unusual...kids have not been conditioned yet to disbelieve anything not ' standard ' , yet as adults we tend to dismiss things that we have been told are not possible...but we were told WRONG!!

All things are possible to them that believe, and THAT is the secret of Criss Angel.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich

sigh - here we go again

this subject, which will NEVER be settled properly

yes - it can be settled propperly - with controlled condditions independant testing of mr angels claims - in an environment he has no control over - simples

now to addrss your numbered " points "

1 - yess there are others who do similar shows / stunts preformances

2 - have you actially spoken to any of these alleged witnesses - or just accepted their edited comments in a boradcast segment on mr angels tv show

find me a blog / accout of a mr angel " preformance " from a " witness " thats hosed independantly and free of mr angels editorial control

3 - see respose to 2 - find me a person who will speak independantly of thier experience at a mr angel preformance

4 - yess others have done similar stunts - and mr angels broadcast segments have been shown to contain editing that is unnessecary if he can actusally teleport / levitate

5 - mr angel is a " product " there are other people out there

6a yes there has been an expose - care to explain how he did his " demolished building " stunt ? the independant cameras there caught him in a location he could not have been - his broadcast segment was an edited composite of several ` takes `

6b - re lthe luxor preformance

hopw do you know there were no props - did you have acess to the building - before / during / after ??

mr angel and the luxor have a multi million dollar contract

all the " witnesses " were over 500m away - in darkness

the " crux " of the luxor preformance was an alleged levitation of > 10m < than 20m - if he realy can levitate - i request he do it in daylight - ayt a location he has no control over

is that unreasonable ?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
LOL. you really think that if it was all legit...the govt would allow that? ha no way. IF this chris angel guy IS really doing that all by "magic" he would have been taken care of long ago. let me tell you why. All of us as the human race are all equal on every level. we all have the same capabilities...most fail to understand that. if hes actually using "magic", than we can do what he does. most of anything that someone can do that another cant is just gained knowledge. its nothing exciting or new.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
How can he walk on the river ..
the girls were below him touching his feet and under .. nothing
that part impressed me much
.. and i have see many other episode ..some others things are really unexplainable

A) its all real magic
B) the witness are all actors

Jesus Criss has come back
about damn time

Magic now is more accepted then 2000 yrs ago
you could be hanged or even crucified

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I Personally Know Cirss, Likewise members of his 'Team' Creators, Producers Etc,

I'm a Professional 'Magician/Mentalist/Shock'

as a person he is quite horrid, and worthless, one only needs spend a few minutes with him to understand that point

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
I Personally Know Cirss, Likewise members of his 'Team' Creators, Producers Etc,

I'm a Professional 'Magician/Mentalist/Shock'

as a person he is quite horrid, and worthless, one only needs spend a few minutes with him to understand that point

or evil? seems like hes playing devils advocate more than magic shows

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Surprised this thread is still creeping along.....

If you buy certain high end illusions/ tricks you "own" them, ie no one else can use the same procedure as you end up either owning or being the sole user of the copyrighted mechanics behind the trick. That's why some of them are very costly and aren't duplicated by others eaisly. You just can't simply buy and use the same trick when it comes to the really high end illusion stuff.

There is enough info in this thread if you look hard enough to find out what Criss used for the Luxor levitation, plus how numerous other illusions were done.

He's not supernatural, he's a very well marketed and very good illusionist.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

you really need to watch the " walkon water " vid more carefully - its patently obvious that its fake

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Lol...

Almost all of Criss's tricks have been done by others... usually long before Criss did them... Check out Cyril, just to name one of them... there's about 7 well-known magician's that collude and "share" tricks... do some reading into magic and you will know that there are a couple of very secretive and unknown illusionists that design these tricks and sell them for big bucks...

There have been expose's... it's been proven that he uses video editing in his shows... watch his shows frame by frame and you can find many examples of shadows changing position in "single, continuous" shot, and the positions of the "audiences" feet changing position, etc... many if not all of his witnesses/audiences are paid and sign non-disclosure agreements... some of them actors that you can see as bit parts in tv shows... it's in their interest not to reveal...

He does do some live "magic"... which is quite impressive… but none of his "big" tv tricks have ever, nor will ever be, done in these live shows.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Magic is just a figment of the immagination, carefull planning as well as planned video angles allow magicians to do whatever they want, here is a website that has explanations as well as video placed on the internet by Criss Angel himself showing how he does his "levitation" trick hubpages.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

Please post ONE example of anyone doing what Criss does, as he does it. NO ONE had done the things he does before...Cyril Takayama cannot do a tenth of what criss does...he can manipulate gravity to a degree and such, but he cannot levitate or teleport as Criss does.

Your comments are SO wrong in so many ways...your imagination must be a great source of evidence, but we require more than that....do you have ANY proof of what you said? Video editing? Please...if all it takes to get rich is a crew of video editors to manipulate film, anyone could recreate Criss events...but NOT ONE example of this is in existence.

No matter how mant eye witnesses come forward...no matter how much proof is shown...no matter how EMPTY the denials by the skeptics...some people just cannot intellectually handle a simple thing like this: unless you can replicate what Criss does, which has NEVER been done by anyone, his events stand alone.

It tickles me, and aggrvates me, to see so many say: " I don't know how he does it...cannot explain it...NO props or wires...NO former employees spilling the beans...No one else on earth able to do the same thing under the same conditions with the same results...but it MUST be an illusions!". Unreal.

Maybe the reason you CANNOT find anyone who can replicate Criss events is because no one else can do what he does. So simple...you do not have to invent complicated props that cannot be seen, even close up...you do not have to suspend logic and imagine rather than prove...just admit that as long as NO ONE ELSE, anywhere, has done what Criss does and no one can show us HOW he does it...there is no retreat from the facts:

I guarantee you that if Criss showed up in some denier's home and performed right in front of him, the denier would insist that his home had been taken over while he was alseep and rigged with invisible props...some people are so incapable of thought beyond the narrow view that they would believe ANYTHING except the hard cold facts: criss cna do what no one else can...and the proof is right in front of you...deny all you want, but it is a hollow effort unless you can come up with more than guesses and wild speculations that have no basis in fact.

i really feel sorry for people who cannot explain something, yet claim to know exactly what it is...or is not..sad.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

sigh

mr angels preformances , use properatuary equipment and techniques which are IP and licenced

the bottom line is - let mr angel preform in a location he has no control over - with no support team , no camera editing and infront of a audence of educated skeptics

he cannot , and will not do it

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Chris Angel says himself he's an illusionist. There's videos on youtube where he actually shows you how he does one of his levitation tricks. Camera angles and clever editing (like showing a crowds reaction for a completely different trick) it's all just an illusion. This has to be one of the dumbest threads on ATS I've ever seen in 10 years or so.

I just felt the need to post this, come on threads like this discredit the entire website, it's like saying superman must be real because I saw him in a movie.

Either this is a huge troll thread or some people are really gullible, mind you with some of the alien / ufo / paranormal trash on this website this doesn't really come as a surprise.

Don't get me wrong, I love the diversity of people here and enjoy discussions about paranormal etc.. Sure I would love to believe it but I cannot because I have to see evidence and proof. It's ignorant to place your belief in things based on faith. I do not believe in anything as anything and everything can change in the world, even quantum physics hence why Athiests are as ignorant as others who 'believe' in fairy tales hence why science can't prove there is no god. I just go with the logical and keep myself open to all ideas whilst maintaining my personal life model (which is subject to change) on how everything works in the world / universe. None of us know anything for sure, not 100%.

BUT THERE ARE THINGS WHICH ARE 99.9% SUCH AS CLAIMS IN THIS THREAD.

Just believe what you want I suppose each to there own but 139 pages of arguments / discussion on this topic is just moronic. Nobody's going to believe in fairies if there personal life model is such that they find the idea of fairies idiotic, no matter how much you shout at them that fairies are real because you say so.

-Deny Ignorance-

EDIT: It's his job / reputation to be the best illusionist out there. Unless you're seriously trained in magic, illusions, camera editing, other various trickery like lighting and such you cannot explain how he does his 'tricks'. That's all they are though, tricks. The magic is in the wonder of not being able to explain how he does it otherwise it become stale and boring and if people knew how he did all his tricks he wouldn't be so popular. He's a clever dude but come on, he ain't Jesus, Muhammed, Hercules, Papa Smurf or whoever you say he is.

You wan't an explanation here's one. Everything paranormal, magic, religious is because of my big toe. You cannot prove my big toe theory wrong so it must be true.

Hail the mighty big toe!!

edit on 6-8-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: Added paragraph.

edit on 6-8-2011 by AnalyticalDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich
Please post ONE example of anyone doing what Criss does, as he does it. NO ONE had done the things he does before..
Please read this massive thread.....we have posed examples of CA redoing David Copperfield's "Buzzsaw a man in two" trick. You don't perform another magicians trick unless you are doing it to pay homage. Criss is basically paying respect to David Copperfield by doing the trick, it's been done numerous times by other people as well. Other tricks Criss has done have been performed by others as well. I honestly don't have the effort left to prove it to anyone anymore, we have provided enough info in this thread if you read the links.

His "Top of Luxor" trick is a pretty high certainty of being a proprietary trick owned by CA. Plus the Luxor has a vested interest in not letting another illusionist try the same trick.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
just to give this dead horse a farewell kick

someone actually put thier money where thir mouth was and recreated his ` walk on water ` stunt

just as every ATS skeptic said it was done - from day one , only this is the first person with the money spare to actually demonstrate it

does anyone still believe

if so - why ?
edit on 19-9-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Busted!!!! yet again. Nice find. I like the Masked Magician shows.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
ive never really seen him do any magic tricks live but im pretty sure his show is just all camera tricks and gimmicks you never know though i did have a friend who was a magician in high school who could do some of his tricks like levitate and pull a mint out of your neck and also the coin in arm trick

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Most of Criss' more spectacular tricks are due more to paid audiences and film tricks. However, he's a competent illusionist and close up magician as well.

Where he really excels though, is in creating himself as a brand, and his marketing of his magic.

Still though, nothing supernatural here... Most of the tricks are but variations on several existing ones (as many have pointed out, even provided video of).

While I do enjoy the Masked Magician's shows, and I understand his motivations...the real problem is that he shows some of the basic elements of trickery that are used in MANY tricks, not just the ones he duplicates.

For example, specially shaped platforms that can conceal a person without looking big enough to do so, etc. That ONE element really helps a person figure out a TON of different illusions...and kind of kills some of the mystery of it.

top topics

<< 136  137  138   >>

join