It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

.. I would say it would be impossible to do.. he has thousands of people at some of his events.. that would be a bigger feat of magic,,, than the illusions he performs.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

I dont know how you can call him mediocre.. he is winning all the top awards for best illusions of our time.. what more do you want ?? and there definitly not camera tricks... they are illusions.. not magic.. or paranormal.. just tricks.. and damn good ones too.. the best Ive seen.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by philjwolf
reply to post by N. Tesla

I dont know how you can call him mediocre.. he is winning all the top awards for best illusions of our time.. what more do you want ?? and there definitly not camera tricks... they are illusions.. not magic.. or paranormal.. just tricks.. and damn good ones too.. the best Ive seen.

Have you not read this thread? Please just go to youtube and search. If you do not like those revelations of camera trickery...well then the one that made national tv a few weeks ago is good enough. Camera tricks all over that huge building demo stunt and it was revealed on no less than 4 shows just that I saw the next day. How did you miss it?

Anyway...let's see..who did I vote for in illusionist of the year or whatever top awards you say he is winning all over??? Oh, I did not vote, I was an election official making sure it was a real clean contest. Wait that is not it either. Oh...I know...it is all show business and he is the new david blaine? The problem is that magicians that really do illusions have fallen by the way side in lieu of this camera trickery.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

ive searched .. for these camera trick stories you mention.. where are they?? do you have any sources??

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

ahhh.. just as I thought.. no sources... news stories??? articles?? you tube are just people making guesses as to how he does it..

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

ahhh.. just as I thought.. no sources... news stories??? articles?? you tube are just people making guesses as to how he does it..

I guess it is going to be hard to respond if I am neither reading this thread or on ATS or on my computer or home.

Are you trying to tell me that you did not see one show cover his implosion trickery? The 'live' cameras in the building that had very inconsistent shots with each other? You did not see that or hear about it ALL OVER THE MSM?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

how about this, news coverage of it, ring a bell yet?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
See, pre-recorded video....

The audience can only view him ON THE MONITORS...

The audience can only see the pre-recorded video of him running, while he just sneaks out. A real illusionist could have distracted us and gotten away right before our eyes. Using pre-recorded footage and making the audience filter their view through it is just plain hoaky and if those are the new rules of magic, boy am I going to be HUGE!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

.. I would say it would be impossible to do.. he has thousands of people at some of his events

Which events would those be?

His live show at the Luxor, "Believe" can seat a maximum of 205 people

His Luxor Light levitation definitely did not have "thousands of spectators"

So which events did he have such high turn out for exactly?

Im willing to wager that most of his events have relatively few spectators for the rather public appearance of the stunt.

Look we've been over this in the last 130 pages already. Come on, he's a rich illusionist, thats it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

yeah.. I watched that implosion illusion.. but I didnt hear about any news stories that said it was all faked.. with camera tricks??? in fact I cant find any news articles about camera tricks being used in his act??

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Perhaps you can watch the news story that I posted and get back to me on that.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

she is saying that its pre-recorded after the time he goes thru the second door.. so all that time he was fighting with the lock at the trap door to the roof.. was just taped footage. The argument is a pretty good one.. especially if he made claims that there would be no camera tricks involved. you got me there..

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wow this is a long thread for something that has been explained by himself and others. He always says that he is a performer and nothing else...he never claims to be anything else..paranormal or otherwise. He even goes so far to try to debunk those that claim to be real...so who is this huge thread for...the believers that just don't want to hear the facts and have decided on what it is already. There is nothing paranormal about what he does....he will tell you that personally but will not give his tricks away because it would ruin his shows for those that enjoy it as entertainment and nothing more.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks Criss Angel is real is living in denial, an imaginative child or psychotic. Case closed.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

she is saying that its pre-recorded after the time he goes thru the second door.. so all that time he was fighting with the lock at the trap door to the roof.. was just taped footage. The argument is a pretty good one.. especially if he made claims that there would be no camera tricks involved. you got me there..

Perhaps if you paid attention to what I said... I said this was done using pre-recorded footage. I only said it about 5 times though so I can understand why you missed that. If that is not the camera trickery you want, then too bad. It is camera trickery. The stunt was done with the audience watching old footage while he pulled off his little stunt. Now I have explained it twice, I hope you can get it this time. That is NOT an illusion, that is a tv show.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
Wow this is a long thread for something that has been explained by himself and others. He always says that he is a performer and nothing else...he never claims to be anything else..paranormal or otherwise. He even goes so far to try to debunk those that claim to be real...so who is this huge thread for...the believers that just don't want to hear the facts and have decided on what it is already. There is nothing paranormal about what he does....he will tell you that personally but will not give his tricks away because it would ruin his shows for those that enjoy it as entertainment and nothing more.

You seem to miss the point completely. Whether or not he is really "magic" has not been the issue for some time. It is whether he is a grand illusionist, or a goth geek with a lisp that got a tv show with a great crew that makes it appear as though - he is an illusionist. Go see live magic show in Vegas. I know this is dated and nerdy but even a live Copperfield show. Then go watch people on tv, watching Chris - on a tv - pretending to escape from a building. Then you will see that what is being argued here is whether this guy has any talent as a magician or is just pretty on camera.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

micheal moore won an oscar for ` best documentary ` < sic > , does that put US entertainment industry awards in perspective for you ?

as for mr angels camera tricks - start by readung this dammed thread

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Criss Angel is a complete toool. He does shows for Las Vegas, he's a tourist attraction. He is a very good illusionist though, I'll give him that much.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
There's a great new show on My Network TV in the US called "Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed." They demonstrate and explain how a lot of tricks are done. Looks like they'll be doing one on building-to-building levitation at some point (it's in the promos).

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

thanks for the info:

Trailer

Just select the Magic series premier, the quick clip of the stunt in question is about 16 seconds in. Looks like we will get an expose on one of the corner stones of some of the arguments.

new topics

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join