It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey__stalin
I have no idea if these videos have been posted before because I have no desire to go through all the pages. They are just some very well done videos on the illusions Criss does that he insists aren't done with camera tricks.

The Wall - hit by a car

Levitation - levitating from one building to another

Motocycle Jump - Vanishes in the middle of a motor cycle jump

Rollercoaster - An "Escape" or "Transposition" of Criss standing in a drum like structure on a rollercoaster track.

Yes they've been posted, although I don't recall the Bike Jump. I don't think camera tricks were used with the jump, and that he jumped or ejected himself off the bike as the explosion emitted the puff of smoke, giving the appearance he vanished and obscuring the view of him seperating from the bike.

The Building Float has always looked like edited footage to me. The sky changes on different takes, and others have noted other inconsistencies in the film. There's also very few witnesses present, which is always the case when he's doing illusions that require props and multiple takes.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

number 1 - the car / wall is done in multiple takes

number 2 - the woman being pulled in half is ms rose soggins - a lay with no legs

number 3 - the girl in the bag is multuple takes and or mirror

number 4 - not got time to look carefully - but i seems a pretty std illusion

Thx mate.

I also tend to agree with that!
Although we will always specualting untill we one day see how he do it

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If anyone has seen the walk on water episodes, it will simply blow your mind. I know mine was, I can't explain it, it was just crazy. He stepped out onto the freakin pool that people were swimming in. I mean how does someone fake that. Then there was the hour long special where he walked out like a hundred yards or something on a lake, a damn lake people!! Now that episode really freaked me out, because when was the last time you heard of someone walking on water like that? Think back to bible school or going to church, it was the great JC. Then I kind of started to connect the dots, could Criss be the antiChrist? I mean in revelations the AC is supposed to perform great feats for all to see (on TV??) I also think that he did the 2 water walks to mimik or even mock JC, you know like he was saying, "its not that hard anyone can do this". I mean even his name kind of points to this. People are pretty familiar with christianity, and know that even satan is an "Angel", just a really really bad one.

This is just my opinion I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Yes they've been posted, although I don't recall the Bike Jump. I don't think camera tricks were used with the jump, and that he jumped or ejected himself off the bike as the explosion emitted the puff of smoke, giving the appearance he vanished and obscuring the view of him seperating from the bike.

The Bike jump is multiple takes, the light from the explosions give it away. The images are basically left and right images of two separate attempts edited into looking like one. Can't find the video, but it's on Youtube.

Didn't realize that link was the explanation, duh!

[edit on 23-9-2008 by pavil]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by a2r3f
Think back to bible school or going to church, it was the great JC. Then I kind of started to connect the dots, could Criss be the antiChrist? I mean in revelations the AC is supposed to perform great feats for all to see (on TV??) I also think that he did the 2 water walks to mimik or even mock JC, you know like he was saying, "its not that hard anyone can do this". I mean even his name kind of points to this. People are pretty familiar with christianity, and know that even satan is an "Angel", just a really really bad one.

He first did it on the show Las Vegas. it's all illusions in my opinion. As for him being JC or the AC (his logo is CA backwards), I think he deliberately sets it up so people will think one or the other. He leaves clues to point to those theories about him, like the number 13, crosses, etc and now the new red eyes, but they are just planted clues, and not to be taken seriously, although the remote possiblity could exist he is the Angel Of Light, but I doubt it! Even now he is allowing "he's the Devil incarnate" comments made towards him to be aired on his show. Then he grows a beard and does the Jesus walk on water, cremation to ressurection scenes, and be fired at through his hands to mimmick crucifxion or stigmata, or whatever it was meant to represent. I say he's doing this on purpose to appeal to a wider range of viewers. Same way he doesn't edit the "ufo" out of his golf course levitation, it's to spark conversation.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

There is no way that Chris Angel is the Angel of Light!

Trust me, the angel of light would not have such a prominent lisp!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thematrix

Chris Angel freaks me out. I think all of the heavy breathing and yells and all of that are just for added effect. I still can't figure out how he does a lot of stuff, but I just watched an episode where he had three skeptics watch him do a trick where he had four elevator doors opened up and three of them actually had open elevators behind them and one door actually had an empty elevator shaft. The doors were covered with numbered paper so that Chris couldn't see which one had the empty shaft behind it. Either the three skeptics were actually in on it, or I have another theory. Using sound he could figure out which ones had something behind the paper and which one was the empty shaft. Sound bounces off of the shafts with elevators actually in them. Even with him just moving between them with his had out he creates a sound and if he is tuned in enough he could hear the difference. I am a musician with plenty of education on sound technology and I know he is also a musician and with little experience would be able to hear the distinct difference. It;'s not rocket science, but it is science indeed.

Also, I just watched another episode where he cut a guys forearm and hand off with a mechanical saw. Then he told the guy to point and make a fistwith the severed hand. It was so rediculiously obvious that the hand was fake. Theguy had on a very thick frumpy sweater and if he had a real forearm and hand on that side it could have easily been hidden tucked into his sweatshirt while the fake was attached to his sweater. Also when he cut the arm there was not nearly enough blood coming out of his upper arm and they never bothered to show the cross section of the stump or the severed section. They led the man away ad never showed the re-attachment of his arm or explained what happened to him. Why would some random spectator let him actually cut his arm off and then just be led away to what...have it sewn back on at the hospital or something? It was way too obvious and I was extremely dissapointed.

Some things he does are extremely freaky though and I get a very disturbed and freaked out feeling when I see them. When he split the girl in two on the park bench in broad daylight and she opened her eyes and screamed and started crawling away with her upper half, I was shocked. Maybe she was an actor/amputee who was in on it and only had an upper half and the bottom half was a prosthetic. Who knows? It's still entertaining and I can't help but like watching it!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
What ever conclusions you all try to draw from Angel's tricks will not get you anywhere. Whether he is fake or real is not the point. We should not be trying to find ways of disproving such phenomena but look for ways of proving such phenomena. Whether all you close minded people trapped in the illusion of your own reality want to believe or not, you will one day realize how unlogical your concepts and perceptions actually are.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Stroll youtube and you have no trouble finding where camera tricks have been used. I love magicians and even if I know how it is done, it is that ability to pull it off that impresses me so. If you can use camera tricks then you are no different from a movie or any other special effect filled show. Pulling off a trick that actually amazes the people at hand is great. Only being able to do it on a heavily edited television show full of what seem to be paid audiences and a hoard of camera tricks is just no fun.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by a2r3f
If anyone has seen the walk on water episodes, it will simply blow your mind. I know mine was, I can't explain it, it was just crazy. He stepped out onto the freakin pool that people were swimming in. I mean how does someone fake that...

Gee, I dunno, could be something like this, though...

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Okay,

I just watched Criss Angel walking on water in Vegas on YouTube and it was so unbelievably obvious in the POV shots looking down at his feet that he was suspended from a harness I can't believe they put them in.

His feet were sinking further into the water than in the long shots. He wasn't travelling forward at the same speed, in fact you could see his feet "dragging" backwards through the water relative to his forward movement.

Too easy to see.

As for the woman who swam between his legs, note how she carefully moved in a straight line matching him, not across his direction.

And why do you think they put the black circle around the hand-held camera in the pool? Plus there were those handy splashes on the lens to obscure things a bit more. Also, did anybody else notice that it was just a cheap handy-cam, not a rather more expensive broadcast quality digi (or even a Betacam)?

All the screaming and whooping just made it worse. Typical "reality tv/15 minutes" generation crap. You know why old-time magicians use silence so much...silence is genuine awe-struckness, cheering is for the high-school basketball team...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
ok , having followed the highs and lows of this thread from the beginning - and had a chance to ` catch up ` the very latest "offerings "

here goes with MY OPINION :

Mr Angel is now little more than the "charismatic " front man for a team of engineers , FX artists and CGI / editing gurus - despite the increases in budget and production "values " the "stunts " are becoming increasingly predictable and unispiring once you look past the smoke and mirrors

Mr Angel is now famous for being ` criss angel : mind freak `and he seems content to rest on that laurel , with less and less talent and origionality going into each " stunt " ,

i see a parralel with ` the emporers new clothes` - his latest offerings are not being lauded because they are good - but because its mr angels laterst offering - and few actually point out that it is tripe .

he no longer does the simple , but amazing tricks that took real personal talent and ability almost everything is now dependant on increasingly complex props and post production editing

as a couter point _ take david blaine - hhis latest stunt , was to put it mildly rather boring - he hung upside down suspened from a crane for rather a long time , it was reported on UK television news - and the studio presenter asked " whats happening " to whiuch the hilarious reply was " not much , he is hanging there , he swings about a bit , but thats it "

yes it was quite boring , but it was REAL - mr Angel seems to have traded honesty and integrity for fame and glamour , and it shows - his "stunts " no longer showcase his talents , but rather those of his hired help . and could now be done by a trained monkey - and would proibally be more entertaining if they were

rant over

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If anyone could possibly explain the levitation thing would be great. Half the things this guy does are so hard to try and figure out. He freaks me out.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Was it him who used that woman who is only a torso for one of his tricks where he cut her in half or something like that?? anyone know.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by susieseahag

YES - Ms Rose Siggins appeared UNCREDITED on the show

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

which levitation do you wish explained ? diferent stunts were done by different effects

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I'd like explained the levitation that he does out on the street, in the middle of a sidewalk

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Doctor

well...lemme tell you....if you think its all fake, and we're stupid..go see his show...no camera tricks....nothing...i was there...i saw it...its not tv tricks.........granted, there is no such thing as magic..but tv tricks its not and naive itsnt the word....AMAZED in more the word.....they clearly know is all fake in the sence that he would be dead, and there would be blood and chips from the wood and stuff...but people are just shocked when they see that happen....just let them enjoy..its for entertainment!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Maybe this has been posted somewhere in the 2000+ post...but...he is an ILLUSIONIST!

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

do you have a youtube link or other vid source - if ATS members can see the stunt - you will get various opinions on how it was preformed

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
Maybe this has been posted somewhere in the 2000+ post...but...he is an ILLUSIONIST!

Actually, an illusionist can pull off illusions. He is a pseudo-goth geek with a lisp that ACTS on a show full of special effects. That is all he is.

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join