It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There is a video on you tube of him explaining how he "levitates". His pants have a slit in the front of them. He wears black stockings and safety pins the back of his pants to the back of his shoes. When he performs the levitation, he simply puts his back to the crowd, steps out of his shoe and puts his foot on the chair lets say and steps up. You think he is floating because his shoes are pinned to the pants.

Sorry to kill the faith guys.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stevenreanimator

money talks
- the same way movie productions get access to NASA facilities - remember " armageddon " ?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
the "NASA" technology he speaks of is the stage wires he uses. I can't remember where i read it but it was years ago. Its like the width of a hair and can support a grown man. I think it was mentioned in david blaines autobiography.

I will try and find some more info

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I'm trying to forget Armageddon... *holds head in his hands* GET OUT GET OUT.

Anyway, in all seriousness though that's what I figured completely but was hoping for some weird alien conspiracy because that would make Mindfreak more entertaining now. He's a great illusionist but its the same thing over and over at this point.

Originally posted by KaginD
There is a video on you tube of him explaining how he "levitates". His pants have a slit in the front of them. He wears black stockings and safety pins the back of his pants to the back of his shoes. When he performs the levitation, he simply puts his back to the crowd, steps out of his shoe and puts his foot on the chair lets say and steps up. You think he is floating because his shoes are pinned to the pants.

Sorry to kill the faith guys.

Not killing the faith at all, this and other videos have been posted showing off his low level levitations. I know 132 pages is a lot to go through but this has been discussed several times. Now if you have a video about his high level levitations that doesn't involve things such as group entities and such -- i'll take those

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevenreanimator

Not killing the faith at all, this and other videos have been posted showing off his low level levitations. I know 132 pages is a lot to go through but this has been discussed several times. Now if you have a video about his high level levitations that doesn't involve things such as group entities and such -- i'll take those

Are you saying the guy can perform high level levitations but has to fake ones where he's only a foot off the ground?

If he can't levitate 1 foot he sure as hell can't levitate 20 feet.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Not at all -- I know he is an illusionist and all of his illusions are based in non paranormal levels.

I'd just actually LIKE a video of the high levels being done. I am not like eyewitness or paul_richard.

Trust me

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have many times posted video's of Criss doing low level levitations at arms length from witnesses...as anyone who has read this thread would know. He does not HAVE to use a trick at low levels, he was exposing an old illusion that can ONLY be done with the audience behind him and props present...TOTALLY different from the high level day and nightime levitations.

There is NO video or expose or any other ' proof' of anyone else on earth performing daylight levitations and others such as the Luxor event. No one, not ONE other human being, has dared to replicate the events, because they CANNOT replicate it . There is NO way to hide the props needed to pull off the events, and thus ONLY Criss has the ability to confound the skeptics every time. The trick is that Criss uses BOTH illusion AND actual manipulation of natural elements and forces.

To say that no one else ever does the same things is because no one cares or has the money: Criss had spectacular abilities that catapulted him to the top, where he remains year after year. He had the ability and that caused him to get fame and money....he did NOT get money first and then buy fancy props...ANYONE with money could buy props if thats all it is...but funny how NO ONE else ever seems to come up with invisible props, huh?

You have to believe that ALL of the witnesses to these events are paid and silent forever....and that is ridiculous...and you have to believe that Criss is the ONLY guy with the interest in making money and gaining fame....Criss NEVER gets topped by some regular illusionist...the stage performers stand in awe as Criss defies ' reality ' time and again with ZERO proof of any video changed to cheat the viewer...

HOW does Criss move thru glass on fully filmed ( with NO breaks in filming) events in front of people? How does he levitate at various heights with ZERO proof of props? Most of you Deniers either are too dull to see past your paradigms...or too sure that you know all aspects of reality...a claim not even made by the most advanced minds. What nerve!! For some Denier to state that it must all be tricks, with NO proof of such, is astounding. You ASSUME everything that you believe...you must because ALL the evidence refutes your position totally.

If Criss performs an event that you simply cannot account for...you simply assume that it must be ' some trick' with No idea of how it might have been done given the facts at hand.Thatsd dishonest investigation and blinders do NOT help people to gain new knowledge. I have challenged Deniers over and over to present just ONE concrete bit of PROOF, not assumptions and guesses, but PROOF, that Criss pays people to remain silent or act suprised....or that he uses faked film to deceive. NOT ONE person has ever made a verified accusation concerning Criss, but THOUSANDS of people have witnessed virtual miracles ( by mundane standards) up close and they KNOW that NO PROPS were possible under the circumstances.

So, either you believe in multiple unproven assumptions, or you believe what you see. When I ask you " HOW does he do it if it is a trick?" all you can say is " Well, he has money and can buy it all". That is the depth of your argument. How pathetic. Hoe did he get the money? By doing incredible things. The incredible things were done BEFORE he ever made money, as old video's from his childhood prove. He got money AFTER demonstrating a unique ability that NBOT ONE OTHER person has ever replicated or copied with success.

WHY is there NOT ONE video of someone else doing a daylight levitation at an open area, like the Golf Course event? Why are there NO expose's of Criss doing the really stunning things he does? I know why, but Deniers can only throw out unfounded and silly assumptions based on NOTHING but conjecture.

David Blaine, Cyril Takayama and Criss Angel are the ONLY three people who right nbow have abilities to alter the elements and Criss alone has the ability to take it to the level he does. Deniers automatically assume that anything that they cannot explain MUST have a mundane explanation, and that eliminates a possibility, and that is the opposite of legitimate enquiry...NO possibilities can be eliminated when examining an event.

All I did was watch and use critical thinking abilities to come to the conclusion that SOME of Criss events are done without props, without payoffs, without faked film...and that leaves an esoteric explanation as the only remaining answer. WHY would I am a few others put it all on the line and risk teasing and insults from the majority? Because we know that not all events that Criss does can be explained away with the feable and unproven excuses that is the sum total of the Deniers bag of 'of'proof.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Eyewittness: I appreciate and admire your tenacious nature. You remind me of johnny cochran, where we have a MOUNTAIN of evidence and you act like "why we even talkin about this".

The videos that you posted of semi high levitations with audiences in arms reach, which has been repeated ad nauseum, were in very controlled environments. I'm not going to wade through all 132 pages yet again just to prove a point that those who have come before me have proven in a much more accurate, thought out, well formatted way.

One thing I do want to bring up though is the fact you completely ignored Violets post about the NASA technology Angel has just admitted to using.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stevenreanimator

Lol yeah, 132 pages is a bit much for me haha. I have no idea how he goes from roof to roof.. Thats something I would love to know though. Sorry for reposting old news. I just thought I would throw it out there just in case.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I like to see his shows. Some of the illusions i can easly find a logic explanation, but not for all. I have a terrible time trying to find how he does this in this exemples...quite puzzling for me guys:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Yes all this are just illusions...but how in this world he does this ones?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

number 1 - the car / wall is done in multiple takes

number 2 - the woman being pulled in half is ms rose soggins - a lay with no legs

number 3 - the girl in the bag is multuple takes and or mirror

number 4 - not got time to look carefully - but i seems a pretty std illusion

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
OK, not saying that any of it is more than illusion, but I do know that he has alot of occult practitioners as freinds on his My Space page.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

so what ??? if he had lots of black friends - would you suggest he MIGHT be black ??

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

What, are we 5 here? How about an adult reply. It was just a statement of fact that was prefaced with an agreement to your position.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tablet

That effect where he is balancing on one leg doesn't use wires. It is a modification on a very old illusion. The broom levitation or suspension, where the magician stands a broom up and has the assistant lean on the end of the handle. He then raises his assistant so she is horizontal and moves away to show that she is apparently balancing just on the end of the broom that is under her arm pit.
Criss just took this and modified it to his leg. Granted it does take a lot physically to stay in that position with that rig.

And that "Old Man" is a magician 100 times more entertaining and skillful than Criss. His name is Cyril Takayama, big name over in Japan. He was also in a show that aired in the US called "T.H.E.M" or "Totally Hidden Extreme Magic"

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevenreanimator
But seriously -- what kind of pull does Criss have to be able to actually work with NASA on an illusion? I want that kind of pull.

I was surprised to read this about him being aided by NASA. Wonder how he managed to have this level of backing, and what else do they help him with? I wish I could find and pull up a quote from eyewitness, because he's often said 'you deniers are practically suggesting Criss could have access to technology other humans don't, as if .... get real'.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by violet]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I have no idea if these videos have been posted before because I have no desire to go through all the pages. They are just some very well done exposure videos on the illusions Criss does that he insists aren't done with camera tricks.

The Wall - hit by a car

Levitation - levitating from one building to another

Motocycle Jump - Vanishes in the middle of a motor cycle jump

Rollercoaster - An "Escape" or "Transposition" of Criss standing in a drum like structure on a rollercoaster track.

Craigg Angelo - TV Magician Magician/Comedian Jay Sankey (Who was a hired consultant for Criss for a short period of time) put out this video on youtube.

But if you ask me, the rollercoaster escape performed by Vegas magician Lance Burton Seen Here is much more entertaining than Criss'.

As for Criss' rollercoaster video, I am pretty sure I see the video looping at one point. And I am pretty sure that when you get the view of the coaster just before it hits, the holes in the paper where his hands would have been have vanished as well, but the video is grainy and I can't really tell if that is true or not.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by joey__stalin]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
No one, not ONE other human being, has dared to replicate the events, because they CANNOT replicate it .

Yes, this is true.CA has just stated this fact that no others can copy what he is able to do in his live shows.

He had the ability and that caused him to get fame and money....he did NOT get money first and then buy fancy props...ANYONE with money could buy props if thats all it is...but funny how NO ONE else ever seems to come up with invisible props, huh?

Wrong. He did get the money and noteriety first, then acquired the fancy props.

HOW does Criss move thru glass on fully filmed ( with NO breaks in filming) events in front of people?

Ok, we've already gone over the walk through glass. He speaks about this on the Halloween special, that he bought a small glass illusion as a child, at a magic shop, and it later morphed into the the much bigger walk thru glass ILLUSION. It's an illusion and he said so. Do you also suppose he smoked a cigarette through glass? That was an amazing trick also, but it was just that, a trick, or illusion.

David Blaine, Cyril Takayama and Criss Angel are the ONLY three people who right nbow have abilities to alter the elements and Criss alone has the ability to take it to the level he does.

You really are quite gullible. Does your advanced intelligent way of thinking provide you any clues that these amazing feats are all performed by ILLUSIONISTS?

Deniers automatically assume that anything that they cannot explain MUST have a mundane explanation, and that eliminates a possibility, and that is the opposite of legitimate enquiry...NO possibilities can be eliminated when examining an event.

If you read my post on the last page a "mundane" explanation is he has access to technology, proving he can make the impossible seem impossible, to fool the likes of you. This is not an assumption.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by violet]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles
the "NASA" technology he speaks of is the stage wires he uses. I can't remember where i read it but it was years ago. Its like the width of a hair and can support a grown man. I think it was mentioned in david blaines autobiography.

I will try and find some more info

Yes, well see if you can find the info on that, because we've heard about this thin wire. But what would it's use be on the space shuttle ... to fake no gravity?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
OK, not saying that any of it is more than illusion, but I do know that he has alot of occult practitioners as freinds on his My Space page.

His "Top Friends"? I have them too, and they aren't really my friends. He doesn't run his own myspace, I believe his moderators from his official yuku board do it for him. But on that note, I'd think it would seem logical he affiliates himself with practioners of the occult, but it doesn't mean he delves into practicing himself. At least he claims he doesn't.

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join