It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Howlrunner

Excellent post, with a number of great points. Too bad they will all be dismissed by you know who. EW never even allows a sliver of doubt into his belief of CA's abilities even when presented with obvious staging of events.

The girl in the metamorpisis is the same girl who has twice been "picked out of the crowd" once in Vegas, once in New York, separated by at least a couple of years. Criss had "never met" the Girl before and then proceeded to perform the exact same levitation on her.

To EW, this is just a coincedence and a diehard fan. There will be no convincing EW of anything other than CA is able to do things no other human can.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
At times I have been able to move things just using my mind...it started when I was a very small child, I am now 32 years old. I also have psychic abilities. I can foresee events in my personal life and that of loved ones. My abilities are what I consider to be weak. I was never encouraged to develop and stregthen my abilities and therefore have always felt apprehensive and intimidated in persuing the extent of my pyschic and kinetic abilities....people who don't believe it's real have contibuted to my fears. Criss and David are opening doors for those that share in this ability. Abilities, such as ours have been documented throught history. The TRUTH is out there and its undeniable.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS
[more/]

I don't know about Blaine, but you should know Criss Angel himself claims he does not believe in psychic abilities or the paranormal.

There's radio interviews of him laughing at those who believe he has supernatural powers, and him asserting what he does is BS.

He has done a few episodes debunking psychics and fought against a man on the TV show Phenomenon who was claiming to channel the deceased.

He reveals tricks and has revealed how he does his own low levitations.

I would have to disagree with the part of your post that he is bringing this out into the open, because it appears his mission is to be doing the complete opposite of that, even though it may not appear so on the surface, the hints are always there. He does all this OMG he is really doing magic stuff, getting people going that it's possible, then turns around and says I fooled ya, and maybe others (not professional magicians) have fooled you too. It just takes some people longer to catch on that's what he's doing, and he's said so himself that he can admit he's BS'ing and some will still think he really did all these amazing feats. He's very aware of this mis-conception of himself (one that he purposely created) and uses it to his advantage.

It seems he prefers to show magic as an art, not a practice, and wants to be credited as an artist as opposed to a magician.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Evidence of CA using props to levitate.
I know you must have seen this before but just a reminder.
He is an illusionist and nothing more.

Metacafe link.

This is undeniable evidence. if he can really levitate why would he need the magnetic shoes???

This could hold the key to how he does his higher levitations.

It's all just smoke and mirrors.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Thanks Chukkles! Would you have anymore of these kinds of videos that might prove that Criss Angel is just an illusionist (and, thus, no genuine magic/special powers are required to do these sorts of things)? Of course, Angel might use real magic and props/etc., but that would be tacky (let's ask ourselves why he might be able to do some things with real magic/powers and not other things)

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
Thanks Chukkles! Would you have anymore of these kinds of videos that might prove that Criss Angel is just an illusionist (and, thus, no genuine magic/special powers are required to do these sorts of things)? Of course, Angel might use real magic and props/etc., but that would be tacky (let's ask ourselves why he might be able to do some things with real magic/powers and not other things)

Unfortunatly I have not found any vids on how he does his higher levitations, i'm sure someone will work out exactly how sometime but thus far no-one has it down to a tee, (no-one in media at least), I can only guess at stooges and a big crane thats never in shot, even with the POV cams the "pedestrians" never seem to point the camera more than 10 foot above his head when he "levitates". I bet if you stood directly underneath him and shot the camera straight up, all will be revealed.

I find it funny that he only does this at particular venues (Golf Club, TV STUDIO parking lot etc,etc) were it can be closed off and have actors/stooges. Then for his street performances (to get real reactions) he just uses the method in the above video.

No doubt he or his trick inventor are very clever but there is no real sorcery happening here, just a way to make money is all.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
No doubt he or his trick inventor are very clever but there is no real sorcery happening here, just a way to make money is all.

That's why he has his very own television show
. Thanks for posting your information (and thanks to everyone else who have made this thread great, with over 2,500 replies and over 200,000 views).

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Real magic would NEVER be on t.v.
would the people who are pulling the strings want people to fully believe in magic?
Anyone who does real "magic" would definitely be quarantined or hidden from public view

Criss angel is nothing more then a Houdini. Fake, illusionist.

-Crazy Conspirator

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I can't believe people still think this guy's legit. There's multiple youtube vids that analyze some of his "greatest" tricks. He's all about camera tricks, people planted in the crowd, and computer edits/multiple clips spliced together...he's a flat out fraud even as far as illusionists go. A real illusionist can amaze people live....just watch the analysis of "wall walk" or the "dirt bike jump" where he disappears in an explosion the bike goes through

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Any chance you live in Florida EW? That way, you can watch them staging the Illusion. Rumor is it will be the Clearwater Beach Hotel.

LIVE on Wednesday, July 30 @ 10 PM ET / 7 PM PT

In the special one-hour live episode, "Building Implosion Escape," world-renowned mystifier Criss Angel will be shackled in a 6-story building in Florida that is loaded with explosives and set to detonate. Angel must attempt to escape the restraints and overcome physical obstacles to make it to a hovering helicopter on the roof before the building implodes in front of the crowd, cameras and viewers at home.

Source: A&E

Walk on Lake Mead season premiere July 23

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I can see that it has been a long time since someone posted here, but I had to add my two cents…

Back when I was in high school, nearly 15 years ago, I had a friend who had an aunt and uncle who could move objects with their mind. They would play a game where they would see who could move a pencil across a line on a table first.

I also know a very dedicated Christian who could move objects. Even from very long distances. He could see his pocket knife lying on the dresser at home and even though he could be in the next state, reach in his pocket and it would be there. He knows that most people think it is sorcery or demonic forces, but he says it is not magic, but it is faith. Activated when you BELIEVE. He says that hope is very close to faith. It is very positive and strong but weak compared to the power of faith. He also said that many people have the gift of faith, (Regardless of religious belief.) but all of us have a measure of faith. Yet, he also said that when we place our faith in Christ, we are given Super Faith… if used according to His will.

Criss Angel has done some pretty amazing things. The levitation demonstration done with magnets in his shoes… that’s to keep the audience guessing. “Well, is it real or is it an illusion?” I read on this forum where a woman personally observed him levitate several feet into the air after revealing other illusionists methods. Her description is believable. She at least believes that what she saw there on the streets of Vegas was remarkable and unexplainable.

I believe he does have the gift of faith, but he will never tell.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo
Back when I was in high school, nearly 15 years ago, I had a friend who had an aunt and uncle who could move objects with their mind.

Uh huh. So it's down to faith, not anything genetic. You didn't think that this was a extraordinary feat and that they should tell others about what the Aunt and Uncle could do?

I don't doubt that TK exists, but there is only the Soviet Women (forget name) who has been documented performing such feats. Even then the record of her TK's are still suspect, as the testing methods weren't foolproof. She could only move small objects a few inches, not a whole body hundreds of feet.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by apaulo
Back when I was in high school, nearly 15 years ago, I had a friend who had an aunt and uncle who could move objects with their mind.

Uh huh. So it's down to faith, not anything genetic.

Genetics? Shucks, who knows? Maybe faith is genetic. All I know is that most people automatically define faith as hope. (Make believe… they deceive themselves into thinking they really believe.)

You didn't think that this was a extraordinary feat and that they should tell others about what the Aunt and Uncle could do?

Extraordinary? Absolutely! Tell others? Why? Become a freak of nature… a lab rat. No way. I don’t blame anybody for being unwilling to come forward.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

I caused a necklace held in my friends hand to swing back and forth slowly. Then for no reason I started to laugh and the necklace swing speed increased wildly like it was going to fly out of my friend's hand. It seemed the more I strained to do it, the less successful I was. It was when I let go of the idea that this was special or unusual, then it became easy. I have coached a few friends to do this also and they were successful.

I've done some healing with my hands of some injuries. I've grabbed a cast iron pan out of a 450 degree oven twice and suffered only a mild redness.

I am a truck driver. I had to keep driver logs of my times at stops and driving. The office analyzed my logs and told me that my average speed was 75 mph. I said this was incorrect as I had traveled up several steep grades around Mount Shasta and never exceeded 62 mph on the flats. I was told to slow down and accused of lying as the driver logs were a real problem for our Highway patrol BIT inspection. To this day I still arrive at destinations way before I should since I rarely exceed the speed limit. My fellow drivers accuse me of speeding all the time. I unconsciously bend time and have taught a former girl friend to successfully do this.

My point is.... we are all capable of ANYTHING. IF you see special abilities as anything but normal, then you psyche yourself out of the opportunity to accomplish them.

As stated above when I laughed and produced a much greater telekinetic incident or when I unconsciously teleport my truck and myself (bypassing time somewhat) to my destination..I do them unconsciously with little effort or strain.

So, if you practice levitating or telekinesis, think of it as normal and natural. Then, don't strain as you do it. Be relaxed and in a positive easy going state. At some point, you will succeed but that is really determined by you and all those little components/energies that are you.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Great post, Anonymous ! I truly believe that anything is possible. Our ego is the only obstacle.

I believe that all people possess a measure of this power, known by a variety of names,(telekinesis, magic, etc.) but I choose to call it Pistis, (pronounced pees-tees), since that is what Jesus called it. I know from experience that my Pistis may not be strong enough, but when I use it in His Name, it is more than enough. Obviously, it must be according to His will.

I would actually like to see a thread started that would help to train people… even demonstrate its power to those involved.

Who knows... maybe I'll start it.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The H2 trick (where it rolls over him on a bed of nails):

Its called counter weight. Add a 'ton' of weight as far back as you can get (behind the rear axel) on a beefy truck ..hmm... H2 and like a teeter toter all the weight comes off the front.

The H2 was modified with a solid rear suspension so as not to show the load it was carrying from the side view.

The rear axel then becomes the fulcrum pulling all weight off the front tires. Adding just the right weight makes it even drivable. Just dont go up any really high hills. lol!

Nails: bundel them close enough together and you can't even feel them and remember there was not much weight on the front of that truck.

reply to post by MisticDragon

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I thought people understood Criss Angel is an illusionist. He does not have any powers and offers a million dollars to any who can read an envelope in his pocket.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Did anyone see the Lake Mead episode? I caught the early part of it on late night replay but fell asleep and didn't DVR it. How did it look? I liked the splittig the girl in half routine.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I just saw the preview. They showed him walking across the lake while people were oohing and aahing. I wasn't impressed with the shaky in-your-face camera work and turned the show off. The previews showed all the tricks he did, so why would I stick around and listen to everyone tell me how amazing he is? You did not miss anything.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Did anyone see the Lake Mead episode? I caught the early part of it on late night replay but fell asleep and didn't DVR it. How did it look? I liked the splittig the girl in half routine.

I watched the show, but was at someone's house on a small TV set, so wasn't really able to be that observant. The water walk was cool, and the ending was different. I won't spoil it for you for when you get a chance to see it repeat. It was done very well, if we are to believe the people trying to swim or walk alongside him were 'real' witnesses to there being nothing under him. Having said that though, I didn't find the witnesses to be that genuine. They were drying off afterwards with white towells, and to me that just isn't a colour of towel one takes to the beach, but probably a Hotel towel of the invited 'witnesses'. He'd also said loyal fans showed up "must have heard about it on the internet", when we all know this lake walk was never advertised until it was taped and he announced it on Hollyscoop. Maybe these fans get private notices and can't tell about it until airtime.

About these loyal fans who attend demo's. I have lurked in some of their messageboards, and none so far, have said they signed agreements, but do say stuff like I know some things about him and not gonna say. I've said it before, I know how loyal fans are, not just CA's, and they don't need to sign papers or be paid to keep their loyalty. He's attractive, they want him, love him, and won't go against him. If you read what his loyal fans (who attend demo's) post on youtube vids of people posting comments he's fake, hate the guy etc, they never reply with 'no he isn't'. They say ok he's an illusionist and it's not real ... but who cares we love him and he's hot.
You get the idea ...

Back to this MF premiere epi, I figured out too easily how he did the run over by his escalade & him appearing in the front seat. The other tricks kind of put me off, because they were too easy to figure out, or the random crowd doing what he said to do next, before he told them.

The girl in half was good, I agree.
The hannibal Lecter head cut was gruesome though!

Other than that, he's entertaining and very cute, so I'll keep watching!

Next week will be the LIVE Implosion of a building he has to escape from. The Spyglass Hotel in Fla, unless it's been changed.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by violet]

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join