It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just had to drop in when I saw that there were 2500 posts on this thread..amazing. I was certain that I would find NO evidence yet that proves that Criss uses props in the high levitations, and I was right. Still, after all this time, the people who DENY the truth still have not:

Produced ONE witness who alleges a payoff to lie or act for Criss.

Produced ONE iota of proof that wires and props were used in the high levitations.

Shown any way that masses of people could be induced to lie and stay loyal and silent forever.

Given us any reason to believe that Criss cannot levitate as seen.

Convinced anyone with evidence of any kind; the denier proof is all, totally, conjecture, guesses and imaginings. There has never been any proof shown of anyone else performing the same type events, using props!!

No one else on earth has ever levitated at height and in daylight in front of witnesses and on film EXCEPT for Criss Angel. Not one person has duplicated his feats. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, as they say, yet not ONE up and coming illusionist has ever even come close to Criss...wonder why? If all it takes is enough money for props, why not another young Turk ready for stardom?

Of course the deniers have no answers for this, or the answers they give are so ludicrous that they cannot be considered..and all they can say is:

Hey dude..its magic, see? That is the depth of most deniers intellectual paradigms so no wonder they cannot see the obvious: Criss can levitate, and no proof of any peops has ever been shown...Criss is one of a kind, with Cyril Takayama and David Blaine not far behind.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

You're still not understanding this "whoever makes claims needs to provide evidence" thing. You're saying he's actually floating, yet you don't provide any evidence at all, short of some YouTube clips (which are not evidence, otherwise you have to believe Dinosaurs exist if you watch Jurassic Park).

It's up to you to provide evidence he's legit, otherwise we have no work to do. Anyone can claim anything, but evidence talks. So far you're awfully quiet on that front.

Until you do that, you're just going to look like some crazed CA fan with a crush on his Gothlyness.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You are wrong, totally. The video and eyewitness testimonies stand as evidence, until refuted by YOU. Tell the judge in court that the state has to prove that the video of you swerving the trooper took was not altered...yeah, right. Evidence stands until shown to be tricked, and that has never happened. If you are claiming that Criss is not doing what is plain and clear, then prove it. Otherwise what we see stands as true.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Plz Eyewitness, give it a rest. We have debated this particular aspect of your arguement too many times already. That you can not see that film made by Criss Angel's own production team is not evidence is stunning to say the least.

Please do not reply, just look through the thread to see the multiple attempts to show him why they can not be considered as evidence.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Oh dear. You really don't get it. I can show you thousands of clips of people faking stuff in TV shows. That alone means any other TV show can't be assumed to be an accurate representation of the truth. If I showed the judge many other videos made by troopers that were faked, it would cease to be convincing evidence. Your argument actually agrees with me.

Not to mention the fact that there are videos out there that show how Criss Angel does some of his illusions (the go-kart driving behind the wall is a great example - if he's so supermagical as you say he is, why did he have to resort to such a basic technique?).

So, if you want to go ahead and believe whatever you see on TV without any evidence, then be my guest. Keep on embracing ignorance - you're doing a great job so far.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The fundamental issue with your agrument is the purpose of the two tapes.

You are comparing a police tape, that is assumed to be RAW footage with ZERO edits, to a TV SHOW!

The TV SHOW is going to be edited, altered, and changed by design! The TV SHOW cant be used as evidence in a court because the final product we see on TV is precisely what the producers and directors what us to see!

Your comparing a complete work of fiction to cold RAW footage, and the two just aren't the same! You are wrong!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

She doesn't seem to realise the videos of Criss Angel are not evidence, but claims. Evidence would have to be recorded independently, in a controlled environment. Until that happens, no-one can be sure what Criss is up to.

Obviously the various videos highlighting the strange inconsistencies in his videos cast some serious doubt on the whole issue before CA's case has even been heard, which doesn't bode well for him being some mystical mega-goth from mars or whatever he says he is.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I know, the arrogance of EW86's posts is why I left this thread.

Comparing a show developed for entertainment, to police video designed to act as evidence is ludicrous.

It seems that EW86 has nothing to say on that point...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I think his first show of season 4 is to be LIVE, perhaps we can catch him then!! Oh, I forgot it's all "live".

EW, we've already stressed over and over how we cannot take the word of these eyewitnesses as proof, and showed you evidence of repeat spectators appearing in several stunts, and found some to have lied, and we provided video evidence of this, made by Angel Productions, who you claim are always filming the truth.

You keep saying we haven't shown a shred of proof, when we have.

In addition (thanks to Quenn for the info) his press release for BeLIEve (that's how it's shown on the Ad), the live show he will star in this september, it states he has the right to STOP the performance at any given time to (control) audience reactions. I can't find the link or quote it sorry, as my comp is deathly slow atm. It was not clear if this was for the first Promo shows, or if this is the rule for the entire 10 year run.

@ Darcon -
This GE count you believe in, shows that your cannot think for yourself. You got that info from Paul. PR claimed he had this great big count, until Angel pi$$ed off PR when he called all mediums scum on the TV show Phenomenon. Because that is Paul's claim to fame, naturally he was insulted by it, and issued a notice his count had dropped ... he had to back peddle his way out of his posts that CA had been lying about not believing in the paranormal, because now he was risking his career by announcing it on national TV. Surely he meant it then? No? When I came into this thread and gave a video interview of him telling P&T this, his answer was Penn or teller (whichever one it was) co-erced him to talk that way in the interview ...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Dude is an Illusionist. Why isn't this in the entertainment section on BTS?

[edit on 5/21/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickass
Wires of course...

Look at his posture in the pictures and visualise the wires at waist level.

Only then does his posture makes sense.

// k

I'm nopt reading through 100+ pages t0 find out how many agreed or disagreed with this.

but this shot tells me it's wires because that is almost exactly the posture of an abseiler. The only difference is the abseiler holds his torso more vertically for comfort, while Angel is attempting to stand completely horizontally.

Personally, the last time I saw Cris Angel on tv I was bored stiff. The set-up was choosing a woman from "the crowd" to be his "assistant".

She was given a stupid black stripe accross her eyes. She was left in pretty much her own (not very smart, not ver sexy) "skimpy" outfit, she was allowed to talk on camera WAY too much.

Then, after the stunt, involving a box, pyro and a "sudden" transformation into Cris (including a really poorly-rehearsed walk-on to stage by the "assistant"), we had ten minutes of "debrief" by Cris and the "assistant" in which they went on and on and ON AND ON about how the box shifted unexpectedly and she nearly fell off, the pyro flash was bigger than expected and she maybe got a little falshburn from it, how were her eyes feeling? maybe she should go to the clinic just to be safe, wow, that pyro was really big, yeah my skin is feeling a little sunburned, that was such a cool trick, maybe she should get checked out, just to be safe...

And, for the love of Victoria Bitter Beer, we're not curing cancer here people, so shut up and MOVE ON.

The trick, including the very unprofessional entrance, was poorly filmed and lasted about 10 seconds. The lead-in and debrief lasted at least 10 minutes and was mind-numbingly mundane, inane, boring crap that in no way sold the trick.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

The director and/or executive producer need replacing, because I won't be watching any more.

But it was a pretty good example of the sheer soulless narcissism that defines Andy Warhol's "15 Minute" generation.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
reply to post by InSpiteOf

He might still be able to do his high levitations, but he will not do them as frequently as before, and probably not as high as before either, but he probably will still be able to levitate higher then Blaine. Blaine's GE only has 70, Angel's used to 1900, but now he only has 1000. It explains why Criss angels show was much better then Blaine's, i really do like Blaine better, but the stuff angel was doing, just blew Davids stuff out of the water.

Look, this is going to sound awfully smug and superior, and some Mod may take a look and pull it, but I'm having difficulty reading this and swallowing my sandwich at the same time.

I mean, I look at this and the only thing that pops into my head is the following exchange:

Vern: Do you think Mighty Mouse could beat up Superman?
Teddy: What are you, cracked?
Vern: Why not? I saw the other day, he was carrying five elephants in one hand!
Teddy: Boy, you don't know nothing! Mighty Mouse is a cartoon, Superman's a real guy. There's no way a cartoon could beat up a real guy.

Stand By Me

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HowlrunnerIV

Criss IS the director and exec producer!

I agree with you on that stunt and the medical drama.
Besides, it was too easy to figure out, and because of that it took away from it being the "fastest metamorphis ever attempted".

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The first Live show of season 4

So he''ll walk on water - LIVE!?

Criss said that his first episode of the fourth season would be live, and he'll attempt to walk on Lake Mead. Lake Mead is the largest man-made lake and reservoir in the United States located on the Colorado River southeast of Las Vegas. The episode doesn’t air until July 23rd on A&E but until then, check out our interview below.

Source

[edit on 22-5-2008 by violet]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
when he says ` live ` soes he really mean live in the conventional sense , or his version of it ???

i only ask because of all the times he claims to have done stunts with ` just one take ` when it is blatantly obviouis that the broadcast segment is edited clips of different takes

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

He says he will do this live on TV July 23rd. I wonder if he'll walk across the whole lake (play up the usual Jesus persona), or just bob around a small area of it. How can anyone see through the water, that is probably murky, to check when he says "nothing below - fair"?! I wonder how clear this lake is and if it's near the Hoover Dam. I imagine he's going to look more like he's gliding by whatever is steering him under the water! Can't wait to see though.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If Mr Angel was performing REAL magic, why does he only use it for entertainment and not something USEFUL?

Give me a long stick with a blade on the end and I'll soon bring him down to earth

Could I be arrested for his death if it was his magic that failed him.....I bet the courts would reveal differently.

And Criss, if you're reading this.....beware laughing strangers with long sticks.........or an r/c helicopter.......or a piece of string with a weight on each end......or.....

[edit on 22/5/2008 by nerbot]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I was thinking about how much work is involved in the magicians' trade to learn, design, and perform illusions to entertain people and it occurred to me that if I was a magician, I'd be pretty offended if people insisted what I was doing was REAL magic.

Reason being by way of comparison....if I went to my regular boring job and worked my butt off all day to produce product, the whole achievement would be seriously downplayed if my boss and co-workers just came by and acted amazed like I pulled everything out of the air via some mysterious force and it was all really no sweat after all! Seriously insulting.

It seems to me a magician might appreciate a spectator being amazed and impressed that he/she was able to pull one over on them rather than attribute it to some kind of hoodoo.

Just my thoughts...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The story changes:

"Contrary to reports early in the week, Criss Angel’s walk across Lake Mead will not be the premiere for the new season of Mindfreak but rather take place on the second week of the show. Walk on lake mead will be second show and first live show is from Florida"

Source: ITricks

and Robin Leach Blog

“We’ll be live from Florida when we do the first show of the new season on July 23,” he told me. “It will be something really crazy, really extraordinary, really unbelievable and really dangerous; something we have never attempted before. Then the second week we will attempt to walk on water here at Lake Mead! That won’t be a miracle as was written in the Bible, my version is strictly magic. This will be the first time a magician of the art has walked on water. It has no religious overtones.”

[edit on 23-5-2008 by violet]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

This will be the first time a magician of the art has walked on water

oh really ???

what about Anthony Bass ?

or even Mr Angel`s own previous stunt

was the swimming pool stunt an admited hoax ?

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join