It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

And you would be correct.

1. Have an image of the deity handy. Perform any necessary banishings and invocations that may help you concentrate your "wandering rays of thought" to the purpose at hand. For instance, if you are going to assume the god form of Thoth, you may wish to do a general banishing and then invoke the Planet Mercury to assist.
2. Perform the Middle Pillar Exercise to increase the flow of the "central circuit" of the aura.
3. Formulate in you heart the letters, hieroglyphics, or symbol representing the deity. See them flair up in a fiery white light.
4. Examine the likeness of the deity on the drawing you have with you. Impress its likeness in your imagination.
...Continued on source

Source

Servitors represent one of the more versatile tools in the arsenal of the modern magician. They can be thought of as manifestations of the magician's desire brought to life through the magician's will/perception.The servitor is a semiautonomous entity programmed to carry out the will of the magician. They range from short term throw away servitors to long term servitors capable of performing a variety of tasks. Their shelf life and their parameters are determined by the magician during the creation process.

Source

Seems like conjuring to me...

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kilgour

What a load...so, you are saying that all the other performers are all just too nice to make money and get famous, right? We have heard that before. Where is ther proof of a consenus from professional performers in Vegas that what you allege is true? Who are YOU to make such bold claims...let me guess, you are really a talented and gifted illusionist who believe that Criss had a crane at the Luxor and wires and a harness, is that right? And, are you saying that none of the witnesses, either there on on film, were able to see the crane and harness and wires, and that Criss got all of the video's and altered them to deceive? Is that what you are saying?

If so, get your denier card and get in line, you are no different than any other denier, always imagining that you have the answer but never giving
one shred of proof. Always a supposition, always a guess, but never a witness to any of this..ever. NEVER one soul that breaks the seal and spills the beans, right? All of the paid witnesses always remain silent forever, right? It is not hard to tell that you are as clueless, or even more so, than mosr deniers. read the last hunsdred pages of this and then come back with something more than an oipnion based on zero. have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
Always a supposition, always a guess, but never a witness to any of this..ever. NEVER one soul that breaks the seal and spills the beans, right?

Where are YOUR witnesses to regale us with fanciful tales of Criss Angel flying across the golf course with no wires, harnesses, or crane? Seeing as, acording to you, Criss Angel is the only person that can do this, why has no one come forward to tell us its true?

Where is their independant testimony telling us of this incredible thing they saw?

Or should I add that to the list of requests that you completely ignore?

[edit on 12-2-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
Where is their independant testimony telling us of this incredible thing they saw?

Or should I add that to the list of requests that you completely ignore?

He added that to the list himself a while ago..

By his own logic it is impossible for witnesses to stay quiet, so there must be some saying, that CA really can fly, if Eyewitness is right..

If, and i say if, there are none, then this part of his "proof" is completelly meaningless, since in that case it obviously is possible, for witnesses to stay quiet..

Unfortunatelly it would seem, that Eyewitness doesn't understand this.

Eyewitness86: Please show us these witnesses, saying that CA really can levitate, since it is impossible for them to stay quiet.

If you can't, then why do you keep saying it is impossible?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
reply to post by Kilgour

What a load...so, you are saying that all the other performers are all just too nice to make money and get famous, right?

"The already famous,credible magicians dont stoop to Angels dodgy methods.
The unknown magicians cant afford the rights or equipment needed as cranes are expensive to hire.Your argument is like a childs saying Britney Spears is the best singer in the world because she had a few hits once,Criss is no way the best Illusionist and your fascination with his levitations only makes you look gullible and not clued up on the art"

Who are YOU to make such bold claims...let me guess, you are really a talented and gifted illusionist who believe that Criss had a crane at the Luxor and wires and a harness, is that right?
are you saying that none of the witnesses, either there on on film, were able to see the crane and harness and wires, and that Criss got all of the video's and altered them to deceive? Is that what you are saying?

"Yes basically,I am a magician and member of the magic circle and I do believe he was attached by wires to a crane/lifting device in his golf course levitation.All the "witnesses" sign a contract to not divulge his methods, most are working on the show with him to achieve the effect.
There are stage levitation devices that are placed either side of the performer and lift from the sides instead of above,I can assure you they could all see the gimmick but the camera angles and edits arent going to reveal this"

If so, get your denier card and get in line,
It is not hard to tell that you are as clueless, or even more so, than mosr deniers. read the last hunsdred pages of this and then come back with something more than an oipnion based on zero. have a nice day.

"Thanks,Im afraid you appear more clueless as you are arguing about a subject you have no knowledge about,why dont you have the same opinion about Copperfield flying over the Grand Canyon as no witnesses revealed the methods with that effect either?"

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We've shown you the same spectators at several events, one proving CA made a false statement when he said they never met before. How can you believe ALL that he says, when it's evident he isn't always truthful?

Here's a radio interview where CA admits again "I lie (on the show). Hey, at least I'm an honest liar".

interview

I think some of the crowds reactions are genuine, while others are obviously faked (paid or not).

I read about one of his demo's he did last week. It seems the demo's are advertised on his site for fans to attend. Lots show up, but only part of the crowd is let through to see close up. Here's a discussion about his latest live demo for Season 4 ...

what really happened

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Nice find, now we should watch to see how CA uses this footage as we have "Tru" fans stating that this trick, CA did not appear afterwards. I be they splice some things together to show getting out. The shocked look on the fans faces as he goes over the cliff will make for good TV.

Someone should save that thread as it sounds they took it down once already at that site.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
We should all take a look at this message that exists solely for this forum:

This forum is for the general discussion of a wide range of paranormal phenomena that includes remote viewing, ESP, OBE, telepathy, ghosts, spirits, etc. Participants should be aware that this is a highly speculative forum where topics and responses will tend to lean in favor of the existence of these phenomena. Those who would wish to refute these subjects should be aware of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of supporting the free examination of "alternative topics" which includes the paranormal.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Well and fine, but should not both sides provide whatever evidence that they have to support their contention? One side of this constantly supplies nothing other than their belief and CA's own production of his videos as their basis of their truth. I understand the "para" side is harder to prove, but their is a serious lack on even trying to prove it on that side other than " the videos must be true".

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Well and fine, but should not both sides provide whatever evidence that they have to support their contention?

Oh, of course. I am all for "evidence," or any supporting "proof," that there is to be had (for both sides of the argument). I created this thread right after I saw the first episode of the first season (I think). I was a skeptic and I intended to spark discussion on this topic (or, more precisely, this man). It looks like I created great discussion, just look at the replies this thread has received (or, better yet, just look at all the views this thread has received over the years). Thanks all for participating in this thread! So, to conclude (and to reiterate), yes, I am all for "evidence" and "proof." The problem is, however, "evidence" and "proof" can be very different things for people on either sides of the argument. Can we agree on this?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I forgot you are the OP! It's a good thread!

Paranormal is hard to prove because often it is "proof" only to the one who witnesses or experiences the event. Eyewitness & PR & co have not witnessed CA at work - LIVE. So they base their evidence on video taped testimonials from an alleged random crowd, edited by the star of the Show, who is also Executive Producer, Creator and Director. However, PR claims he doesn't need to meet CA in person, as he can tell what discarnate entities are assisting him by the color of his aura! Silly, when you think if he had a black and white TV Set, he be stumped on what color his aura actually is! Even more ridiculous that all of us would see this aura, if it had it been filmed, but only special people can see these things ...

[edit on 13-2-2008 by violet]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Agreed, I just want the ground rules to be the same for both sides, keeping it civil and staying away from personal retorts and asides.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Since violet has once more twisted my stance, for the record I would like to reiterate my opinion, at least to help prevent any further distortion.

My stance is as follows:

1. As a spiritual medium of many years, Spiritual Correspondence has confirmed on numerous occasions that Criss Angel channels a large Group Entity or discarnate community, which typically are of the yellow spectrum of discarnate energies, and that these grant him his Gift of Chi-Telekinesis. The yellow aura around him I can see and perceive whether the images of him are black and white, color, or if I just close my eyes and tune into the higher awareness of discarnate saints.

2. The fact that Criss Angel does his high levitations not on a magician's stage, but out in the open on city sidewalks, parks, and golf courses, points to him having a genuine Gift of Chi-Telekinesis. Magicians like David Copperfield cannot duplicate his high levitations outside of a magician's stage because they have no Gift of Chi-Telekinesis - and are only illusionists.

3. Nobody in the 1980s and 1990s did what Criss Angel has done (e.g., fly around a golf course and levitate between buildings, and also over the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas). No one did anything close to those feats out in the open, off of a magican's stage, BEFORE Christopher Nicholas Sarantakos became Criss Angel and grew rich and famous from stated feats. All of which points to him having a genuine Gift of Chi-Telekinesis.

4. The fact that no one anywhere NOW does the high levitations that Criss Angel does, out in the open in parks, golf courses, and sidewalks, points to him having a genuine Gift of Chi-Telekinesis.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

uhh, what about when Copperfield levitated across the grand canyon? Is that not out in the open, not on stange, and in front of witnesses?

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have yet to see any evidence whatsoever that David Copperfield is anything more than just an illusionist AND Spiritual Correspondence points to him being just a magician.

For example, Copperfield making the Statue of Liberty disappear is a well-known illusion that some thought was real. The audience was on a large rotating stage and it was all a matter of clever misdirection.

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
uhh, what about when Copperfield levitated across the grand canyon? Is that not out in the open, not on stange, and in front of witnesses?

Perhaps you can provide us with a video link of what you claim he did and we could look into that purported levitation.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

I won't argue with you on the validity of Auras. In my opinion, this aura (if you are able to see it) would only be visible to you if you saw him in person.

Spiritual Correspondence confirming this? Says who? You? I don't believe he channels what you accuse him of. It goes against his (catholic) greek orthadox religion. He says he believes in (one) God and Jesus ...

His gifts are not what you perceive them to be. He's ambitious, determined, hard working, relentless, with a vision to succeed and the complete belief in himself that he will. Add to that his personality, charisma, sexyness and style and there you have the makings of someone who has all the ingredients to become a Star. He's entertaining. There's a demand for him, not someone else. That's how it works in the real world.

You act as if he's the ONLY celebrity who ever made it big in record breaking ways. It boggles your mind I guess. There are others besides him you know. But being that his occupation happens to be magic, he is a case of discarnate assistance and not by his own hard work. You have no faith that one can achieve great things if one tries hard enough, or you are not able to give proper credit where it is due.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by violet]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Well and fine, but should not both sides provide whatever evidence that they have to support their contention? One side of this constantly supplies nothing other than their belief and CA's own production of his videos as their basis of their truth. I understand the "para" side is harder to prove, but their is a serious lack on even trying to prove it on that side other than " the videos must be true".

The evidence has been presented and not refuted. That is a lot more than mere guesses.

Ther video of the Luxor and golf course is evidence. You have NEVER proved in any way, to any degree, that Criss altered the video to deceive. The witnesses on the film are reacting with amazement, not because Cris paid them, but because they are seeing something that defies their experience. You have NEVER shown a witness alleging pay offs, right? You have never shown a photo of a prop, taken from anywhere by anyone, of the high levitations, right? You also have not told us WHY Criss alone does these events; well, you did but it was nonsense. To believe that opnly Criss is low enough to fake video's and make money is laughable. No one could believe that.

If you went to court for a speeding ticket, and the cop has a video of you and the speed of the car, absolute proof, how far do you think you would get with the judge if you said " Your Honor, this video cannot be trusted. It might have been altered so that my speed was higher than it was." The judge would say: " If you have any evidence that the video's have been altered in the past or that this one is altered then present it, if not the lack of evidence discounting the video means that it will be accepted as genuine.

The burden of proof for an accuser is on them. THEM!! Not on the accusee. If you have a technician that worked for Criss altering video's for deceiptful reasons and will spill the beans..bring him on! If you have a photo that shows a part of a prop, lets see it. If you have ONE witness, among thosands over the years, that will allege a payoff or a request to act or lie so he could make deceeptive video's..then let's have it. Right here.

BUT< if all you have are IDEAS and IMAGININGS and POSSIBILITIES, then the evidence presented stand as proof.To deny that is to depart from rational processes and standards of proof. When you say " I know how he did it, but just cannot tell you ', it screams out" I am desperate!! I need something tangible and actual but cannot find it..thats what it says.

Unless you can REFUTE with actual evidence the events as seen, then they stand as real. Just because a denier cannot ' imagine ' a man levitating does NOT mean that their lack of imagination can stop Criss from doing what their imaginations simply cannot grasp. To attack the validity of the video's you must wander into a realm of conspiracies that never get uncovered, witnesses who remain silent forever, video's that have had the ' props erased by unknown people, rivals who do not want money and faame...and on and on...it gets sillier from there.

The depths of illogical assumptions and odds beyond the stars are no impediment to a deniers stubborn belief that somehow, some way, Criss is pulling off one sweet scam. They cannot find any evidence of it, but they just cannot imagine it otherwise. That is why they insist that WE prove that the plain and clear evidence is NOT invalid!!! That is the last rung on the bottom ladder hanging over the Grand Canyon....hey, maybe thats what Copperfield was hanging from!! Let's see this supposed levitation; if it exists, that is.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Deja vu.

Perhaps you didn't see it posted umpteenth times. Criss Angels own video productions of his own events are not evidence! Please provide proof other than his videos for your claim.

To use your analogy, what if I presnted the judge a video of me going the speed limit with the spedometer in view at all times showing it never to exceed the speed limit and showing the Police officer with his radar gun. Would the judge accept my video as evidence? No, because I am a party to the dispute and I could have tampered/manipulated the film. I would need a disinterested 3rd party, say a TV news crew film that for it to even have a chance of being entered into evidence.

Nice try, please present evidence to support your claim other than CA's own video productions.

Next.......

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Here's your spoonfed info.
Here you go. Open up................

David Copperfield Levitation over Grand Canyon

Took me all of 15 seconds to find.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Thanks pavil, i was just about to post that very same clip. I love the crappy 90's singer close to the end

So here we have DC using something similar to CA: a long distance shot of himself supposedly levitating at high altitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join