It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't play Yahoo games..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Whenever I try to play games in the Yahoo Games Hyperlink or simply try to play them with my friends in Yahoo Messenger, I either get an "Internet Script Error", or it simply doesnt load, it just has that little red "X" in the white box at the top. I recently had to reboot my computer due to infected files, it was working before that, does anybody have any advice that would help???

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It sounds like a corruption or a misconfiguration that occured after the virus scan fixed the file. That is really common especially with Norton Antivirus..

There are a couple of things that may cause the issue..

Firewall, Virus Scanners and Popup Blockers
Considering a lot of firewalls are coming with browser protection bundies, that is usually why internet applications stop working. Most run off of advertisement systems and need the advertisements to function.. Some programs are able to stop the advertisements without stopping the actual application, but others are not able to.. But it all depends on what software you have..

So without going to the point of uninstalling and reinstalling your software. Lets focus on what happened..

What files were infected? What version of IE are you running? What operating system are you running? Etc etc..

join