It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Masons. Good or Evil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I cant help but to be confused concerning the Freemasons. I have a casset tape that shows how evil the Freemasons are, but when i went to certain websites on the net it seems to be the most caring and fun society ever. Help me on this one.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What tape are you referring to? Whats on it (be specific), who made it, and where did you get it? All these things are key to the relevancey and validity of the tape and its supposed contents.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
its a casset tape that i got from my sister and i dont know where she got it. On it, it starts off explaining about how free masonry began years ago and makes its way up to mordern times.

It shows how backtracking is used on c'ds, so when a song is playing, there is a mesage being played backwards and there fore sub-conciously brain washing the listner.

Also explains about Matt Greoning-the Simpsons and how he is tries to send a mesage to the viewers through his cartoon. He wants families to be dissfunctianal so the most disfunctional family on the t.v is the Simpsons.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I mean, dont get me wrong friend, it just seems hard to believe that such a great society would not take any glory for their doings if they were that good you know?

Why keep it all a secret?........

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
FREEMASONRY IS NOT GOOD OR EVIL!

It is merely a tool!

It has been used for both, but of course, everything in Freemasonry's history has been GOOD FOR FREEMASONS.

So it is definitely not evil. And Masons aren't worth talking with, because there are just always some jokes they can't share with you, as fun as they may appear.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Are you sure it's not the Stonecutters, given that your tape's "masterful" author has so much expertise in the work and intentions of Matt Groenig?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Freemasonry is a fraternity for men, in which we learn to become better people through faith, love, truth and charity. Nothing more.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShanedaMojo
I have a casset tape that shows how evil the Freemasons are, but when i went to certain websites on the net it seems to be the most caring and fun society ever. Help me on this one.

Not for nothing, but this is one of those situations where you have to think for yourself. You need to say, 'what exactly is this tape claiming' and are their claims valid and anywhere near as serious or as likely as they make them out to be? Why would they be making these claims, and what actual independant evidence supports their claims? And then ask the same questions about the websites. And then come to a decision. And you can allways just join the freemasons, or even just go to some of their meetings and observe, first hand, whats up.

He wants families to be dissfunctianal so the most disfunctional family on the t.v is the Simpsons.

And yet they are the only family that constantly goes to church and is rather god fearing.

Do oyu really thinks its reasonable to say that masonry has been around forever, insidiously working its way thru the world, and that matt groening is a mason who is using psychic-subliminal messages in his cartoons to destroy everything that is good and holy?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Can you pop into a Freemason meeting?

That must be a new stipulation.

Can I come when the ritual starts?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Can you pop into a Freemason meeting?

Sure. I do it all the time.

That must be a new stipulation.

Stipulating what?

Can I come when the ritual starts?

Sure you can!

"Brethren, let us pledge allegiance to the flag. "Bro. Senior Warden, accordingly, I now declare the Lodge at labor. Bro. Junior Deacon, so inform the Brother Tyler" "Brethren, let us pray."

"Almighty God vouchsave to bless us...etc. etc. "

WOW! You must REALLY be bored if you want to attend that badly.... I generally doze off when the opening ceremony starts with the request of the Brother next to me that he wake me if anything interesting happens....

[edit on 22-7-2005 by senrak]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Bah, the Masons I know are great guys.

I also know a barman at a Masons club and he invited me in one day. there's nothing 'odd' about the place, just a place where guys go to meet and have a few drinks away from the public. Hell at 50c for a pint of beer - they can do what ever they want and I'll be happy.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
Bah, the Masons I know are great guys.

I also know a barman at a Masons club and he invited me in one day. there's nothing 'odd' about the place, just a place where guys go to meet and have a few drinks away from the public. Hell at 50c for a pint of beer - they can do what ever they want and I'll be happy.

50 cents for a pint of beer! Wow! And I thought $1.50 was a good deal. Count me in. Hell, I wouldn't care much what KIND of beer it was for 50 cents.

Although, I must admit that here in Southeast Missouri today it was almost too hot to drink beer.

Please note that I said "almost."

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Until about 2 weeks ago, all I knew about masons was just stuff I'd read on ATS or other websites, so not very much. I had never met one before, though I have encountered several on ATS.

We hired a new employee at work, and I found out that he is a mason right away, since he had a jacket with a couple of masonic signs on the front. He's a really nice guy from the Phillippines, has a wife and three kids, a solid post-secondary education, and works really hard at his job. (Incidentally, I hadn't known before that there were masonic lodges in the Phillippines, I had previously thought them a more western group, mostly in Europe/America. You learn something new every day)

Being somewhat curious about masonry, I asked him what sort of stuff he does.

posted by sebatwerk
Freemasonry is a fraternity for men, in which we learn to become better people through faith, love, truth and charity. Nothing more.

That's pretty much what my coworker told me, too. The particular day I was discussing this with him, he told me he had a lodge meeting after work, where they would first be planning a bunch of activities, then having a nice big dinner afterwards.

If the masons are up to no good, they forgot to fill my coworker in, hehe. Personally (and I thought this before meeting this guy) I think masons are just a bunch of guys who like to have a bunch of fun on evenings after work and enjoy themselves.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
If the masons are up to no good, they forgot to fill my coworker in, hehe.

Well that's just because he's a low-level minion. Every conspiracy dork knows that only the top 5% of Freemasons (and, of course, the conspiracy dork) know what's REALLY going on. Duh. :bnghd:

Personally (and I thought this before meeting this guy) I think masons are just a bunch of guys who like to have a bunch of fun on evenings after work and enjoy themselves.

Yes and no. It's always been known that freemasons LOVE to have dinners, eat, chat and be merry. But there's a more solemn and serious side to Freemasonry, which is when we are doing "work", going through degrees, rituals, initiating candidates, and teaching the core lessons of Freemasonry: faith, hope and charity.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Mason good. Fire bad.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Senrak - I Didn't know that was even possible!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelWitch
Senrak - I Didn't know that was even possible!

Well, again, I did say "almost"
I suffered through the near-fatal problem, which, by the way, wasn't nearly so bad with fine Ale.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Don't also get confused that there are some cults out there that believe they need to balance their evil deeds with good ones...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Don't also get confused that there are some cults out there that believe they need to balance their evil deeds with good ones...

Do you believe that people PURPOSELY do things that they know are wrong, evil, bad, etc? Or do you think, rather, that they justify their actions in order to make them seem OK. Behavioral psychologists would agree with the latter.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
And then there's the pesky cults who are really open about their good deeds to contrast (or 'polarize') their use of 'harmful' deeds done in secret.

Lets face it, if all the businessmen were drinking 50c beer because a millionaire wanted them to hang out together, and only do business with each other... We'd call it a good time?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join