It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. To Share Nuclear Technology With India (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
After Years of trying, India has finally secured an agreement for the U.S. to share its nuclear technology. The Agreement between President Singh of India and President Bush ends the long standing opposition of the U.S. in helping other countries in securing nuclear technology.

www.canada.com
Sealing a fundamental shift in the geopolitics of Asia, President George W. Bush pledged to move to full nuclear co-operation with Manmohan Singh's government, including the sale of reactors and fuel.

With Pakistan regarded as unreliable in the fight against terrorism and concern mounting over China's growing economic and military might, India is seen as a bulwark in a troubled region.

Some experts said the deal sends the wrong signal to Russia and China, major arms merchants whom Washington has urged not to sell to India, Iran and other countries, and may prompt other states who surrendered their nuclear ambitions under the NPT to reconsider.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While this deal is good for india I think it sends the wrong message to the world. Especially China and Russia as the article states. After the U.S. sets president what stops these other countries from following suit. Then pretty soon you have nuclear weapons unchecked and thats a scary thought.

It also seems like this isnt big news in the U.S. for some reason and isnt picked up by the big networks.

news.ft.com...

[edit on 20-7-2005 by North Rider]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Say What?

I guess in Few Years time US Will share Nuclear Technology with Iran too....

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So what about Pakistan, India's nuclear neighbor? Tensions have been high between the two countries for years. In addition, the US is (fairly unsuccessfully) leaning on Pakistan to stop supporting radical Islam and terror organizations. Some have contended that even though Musharraf has been paying lip service to the US alliance, Pakistan is becoming a new hotbed of terrorist training and recruiting activity. I would imagine that fostering a nuclear relationship with India would further alienate the US from Pakistan and generate even greater resentment within the population of that country.

Unless this is the ultimate goal, I don't get it:

-Equip India with far superior technology than Pakistan
-Inflame tensions between India and Pakistan and spark a nuclear exchange
-Watch the fallout blow over China
-Watch a hotbed of radical Islam (Pakistan) be destroyed and poisoned by India's weapons
-Watch India suffer mightily in the exchange, weakening their ability to compete for US tech jobs

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Is there any reason why President Bush's name isnt capitalized in the intro? I dont like the man but atleast give him some respect and capitalize his name

BOT, India has rapidly gone from quasi-sanctions to accessing U.S military equipment to now accessing U.S nuclear technology. What signals does this send the World indeed.

Remember India is NOT a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT). There is absolutely nothing stopping them from selling this technology to anyone they choose.

Not very clever, IMHO.

[edit on 20/7/05 by subz]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Is it just me that is worried about this? There doesnt seem to be to much interest from many people on this board. If you were ever worried about anything it should be this if you think of the potential problems this could cause for the world.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Perhap's in turn for India not to announce the UFO/EBE structure at the three corners? Crazy hah!? Mayhap's not.

This India Gov will stand the chance of getting thrown out of office by the people, but will secure the next Gov from spilling the beans on UFO reality which they have seriously experienced over the last year or so at the three corners.

Well anyway for Ufologists - food for thought..

Dallas

new topics

top topics

join