It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al qaeda's Nuclear Fatwa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Is it then a coincidence that there happens to be an exercise in August (not sure of the date yet) by the Joint Task Force Civil Support, based at Fort Monroe, that deals with the possibility of terrorists trying to sneak a nuclear device off of a freighter in the port of Charleston, SC?

I am so confused

I am new to this board. So forgive my ignorance. I am hearing that Sept. 11th there was a NORAD training taking place that involved a hijacked airliner. (wierd)

Now there is discussion that in Aug. there is going to be an "excercise" that plays out a scenario of a nuclear device being smuggled in and set off on US soil? This is in conjunction with the news that Bin Laden has called for an American Hiroshima, and this "excercise" is happening around the anniversary of Hiroshima?

Someone up the chain has a few screws loose, or I am just NOT getting it.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by TacOps Security]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberianHusky
They had explosives for decades but they just now decided to use them in London. Why shoot off your nuclear wad before you can reach your ultimate goal of American annihilation? If you know you'll only get to use them once, if you believe those who say the US would nuke the entire Middle East, then wouldn't you really want to make it count?

I think these people are smarter (or at least better educated) than that. There is NO way they can annihilate the US. They simply couldn't get enough nuclear ordinance into the country. Sure, they could make a major mess of things and kill lots and lots of us but we wouldn't be annihilated. We have a massive submarine-based and silo-based nuclear arsenal --- and I mean massive --- which they could never get to. Every country in the world knows that if we are pushed to the limit we will wreak havoc on whoever is left. Find a copy of 'Strategic Nuclear Targeting' by Bell and Richelson. It's out-dated but will give you a perspective on our historic policy regarding nuclear retaliation. All I can say is it ain't pretty.

<< 1   >>

join