It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al qaeda's Nuclear Fatwa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The Al Qaeda nuclear fatwa issued in December 2002 by Abu Shihab al-Kandahari is quite explicit and revealing. He begins by saying in Islamic Fatwa religious edict, which this article takes as its own title,

"Thus, you are not mistaken in reading this text. This is the only way to kill the greatest possible number of Americans. The Americans have never experienced a threat like this one. During World War II, America used this [nuclear] weapon twice in three days..."

"Al-Qaeda has in its possession bombs which are called "dirty bombs," and bombs with deadly viruses, which will spread fatal diseases throughout American cities..."

"The coming days will prove that Kaedat el-Jihad [the Al-Qaeda organization] is capable of turning America into a sea of deadly radiation. Yes, we will destroy America and its allies..."

Threats like these can not be taken light heartedly. I have seen numerous posts on these boards that say things like "dont believe the hype" when it comes to dirty bombs. If Al Qaeda has dirty bombs (plural) they will work on getting them detonated inside the US. Some intelligence circles have already played out senarios of how this would be done, where and numbers dead from the blast.

So I was wondering:

1. What other people in the group think about the possiblity that Al Qaeda does have these devices.

2. Do you think they have them on our soil already?

3. How much weight can be put on the Aug. timeline for these attacks

4. Am I just a paranoid person?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What timeline are you talking about?

Terrorists only want you to live in fear. They dont have to even own weapons, just make threats.

Do I think they have such bombs?

Its been talked about so much before.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
What timeline are you talking about?

The timeline for the Aug. attacks was discussed in the Joseph Farah's G2 bulletin.

Bin Laden's goal, is to launch one initial attack, followed by a second on another city to simulate the U.S. bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The optimal dates for the attacks are Aug. 6, the anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing, Sept. 11 and May 14, the anniversary of the re-creation of the state of Israel in 1948. No specific year has been suggested, however, this Aug. 6 represents the 60th anniversary of the Hiroshima attack.

Every attack that Al Qaeda commits has a date significance. This is just one of the theories based on the anniversay of Hiroshima

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

According to captured al-Qaida leaders and documents, the plan is called the "American Hiroshima" and involves the multiple detonation of nuclear weapons already smuggled into the U.S. over the Mexican border with the help of the MS-13 street gang and other organized crime groups.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You might find the article The Nuclear Bomb of Islam of interest.

www.terroranalysis.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Valhall,

Thanks for the link! This is the part that surprised me the most.

On October 7, 2001, a video of Osama bin Laden was released in which he referred to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.(6) This had not been the first time that the reference between Hiroshima and the U.S. had been made. In a Telegraph article written on October 15, 2001, it was reported that a CIA report in 2000 included a conversation between Al-Qaeda members in which one member stated taht bin Laden was planning "an Hiroshima" in America.(7) But Osama's reference Hiroshima and Nagasaki goes back as far as 1998 in an interview with ABC's John Miller shortly after the "Nuclear Bomb of Islam" statement had been issued.(8)

In a November 15, 2001 article by ABC News, it was reported that Northern Alliance troops had found detailed designs of nuclear weapons in houses in and around Kabul, Afghanistan. In addition, a reporter for the Times of London, on assignment with the troops in Afghanistan, had found partially burned plans on how to detonate plutonium for the purpose of creating a nuclear explosion. These documents were found in a building formerly used as a headquarters for al Qaeda.(9)

This is not some secret that is just coming out. This nuclear attack has been made public for years and the DHS has still not made any formal statement about it. Ignorance is bliss!

cjf

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
One of the more concerning issues, personally for me, is that only the desired amount fissionable material needs to smuggled into the country of choice, not the entire ‘bomb’. The detonating mechanisms can be produced inside the target country, in most cases, without raising attention. A truly horrific threat.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Bin Laden has said on several occassions that his WMDs are only a deterrent to the US government. "Eye for an eye" is his policy, and he would not use them first.

You have to realize that a lot of the stuff US intel reports is very likely fabricated, whether you guys like the idea or not. It's all propoganda. The "fatty" Bin Laden tapes are the only thing linking Bin Laden to 9/11, and they are very weak evidence, really. Bin Laden stated in an interview on Sept. 28, 2001 with leading Pakistani press that he suspected that either Israel or a faction within the US orchestrated 9/11, denying his own involvement. I wonder why this didn't get any media attention over here? Rather, our media reports the bogus tapes that our military allegedly found in a bombed-out Afghani village, on a shelf.

Check out this BBC report: news.bbc.co.uk...

Bin Laden is reported to have claimed in an interview with a leading Pakistani newspaper that he has nuclear and chemical weapons and might use them in response to US attacks on Afghanistan.

The Pakistani Dawn newspaper's English version quoted Bin Laden as saying: "I wish to declare that if America used chemical or nuclear weapons against us then we may retort with chemical and nuclear weapons. We have the weapons as a deterrent."

If nukes were detonated on our own soil, and al Qaeda immediately blamed while totally ignoring all the interviews of Bin Laden sticking with his Islamic 'eye for an eye' bit, and saying he would only attack in self-defense, then I'd be extremely suspicious to say the least. In fact, personally, I am expecting the US government to do this themselves. It's only a matter of time, really, before such an act occurs and we simply go to more war. More war, more death, maybe even a draft, less freedom. It's all propoganda, and it's all extremely sick.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Does anyone else find the increasing "buzz" about such an attack just a teensy bit disturbing? It started with that Winds of BLack Death line in an Al-Qaeda statement a few years ago. People at the time thought it referred to anthrax, since we still had the Florida anthrax scare fresh in our minds. But I've felt all along it was meant that nuclear weapons would be used. Once again I have to point out the excercises that were being conducted on the days of September 11 and the first London bombings. They dealt with the very methods of attack that happened on those days. Well what about Madrid? I feel it was a so-called proof of concept attack with the dual purpose of putting pressure on Spain to get out of Iraq and to prepare for the London attacks and any other transit attack they might carry out in the United States.

Is it then a coincidence that there happens to be an exercise in August (not sure of the date yet) by the Joint Task Force Civil Support, based at Fort Monroe, that deals with the possibility of terrorists trying to sneak a nuclear device off of a freighter in the port of Charleston, SC? However it should be noted that the Sudden Response exercises have been conducted since 2003 and have dealt with chemical, nuclear, and biological attacks. But with the threat of "payback" for Hiroshima I can't help but be alarmed by the timing of this exercise.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberianHusky
Is it then a coincidence that there happens to be an exercise in August (not sure of the date yet) by the Joint Task Force Civil Support, based at Fort Monroe, that deals with the possibility of terrorists trying to sneak a nuclear device off of a freighter in the port of Charleston, SC? However it should be noted that the Sudden Response exercises have been conducted since 2003 and have dealt with chemical, nuclear, and biological attacks. But with the threat of "payback" for Hiroshima I can't help but be alarmed by the timing of this exercise.

if you get any further information about this "excercise" planned for Aug. please post it, I am interested.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It should be clear from recently published data that Al Qaeda or "the base," is nothing more than a data base of the Majuhadeen collected by the CIA during the Soviet expulsion.

On another score of the phony attributes of any Moslem "extremists," a good reading of Confessions of a British Spy, are in order. All extremist Moslems are an outgrowth of a strategy of the British when it educated Wahhab at Oxford. Face the fact that Hollywood and the media has been conditioning America about the Moslem "terrorist," something when traced for actual events is a highly questionable matter as to its origins.

In short people of the United States are being set up to hate Islam in the same way that WW II propaganda showed ugly looking Japanese and produced a form of racism. There is almost never a proper hearing of Islam in the United States, except from straw man COINTELPRO styled bigots.

The real problem is when our country is on an insane 100 year war policy of perpetual profits for a war industry, as if such a course were actually necessary. That is the hugest threat, not some phony press release pumping up a so called nuclear threat. Oh such ordnance may be used, but by our own insane government on our own people for the purpose to total Marshall Law multiplied by 100.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Once again I have to point out the excercises that were being conducted on the days of September 11 and the first London bombings.

Ok. I dont mean to beat a dead horse, but where can i find more information abot these "training excersises" someone please give me links.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I am pretty suspicious of anything coming from WND and it's subsidiaries.
They seem to stitch together pieces from a few legit reports and draw the most alarmist conclusion possible.

I have serious doubts OBL could get his hands on a real nuke, and I think the actual threat from a "dirty bomb" is highly exaggerated.

I'm sure OBL would love to detonate nukes in US cities - I just doubt he has the aility to do so.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TacOps Security

Once again I have to point out the excercises that were being conducted on the days of September 11 and the first London bombings.

Ok. I dont mean to beat a dead horse, but where can i find more information abot these "training excersises" someone please give me links.

Sudden Response '05

NORAD conducts Vigilant Guarding on September 11, 2001

More on the above.

A little on the London exercises as well as 9/11 stuff

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well I hope you guys don't actually believe this, if anyone detonates Nuclear Weapons it will be BUSH!

This is pure propaganda, if Terrorists had these weapons they would of used them along time ago.

An "attack" will happen when the Bush Administration and there puppet masters want it to happen.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
They had explosives for decades but they just now decided to use them in London. Why shoot off your nuclear wad before you can reach your ultimate goal of American annihilation? If you know you'll only get to use them once, if you believe those who say the US would nuke the entire Middle East, then wouldn't you really want to make it count?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It can be guaranteed that Al Queda will not target California, as that would be a direct attack on Mexico and other central and southern American Countries. Of course if he does, I really don't think the Police, Sheriffs and other law enforcement agancies will be able to stop the carnage directed at any and all muslims and percieved muslims by pissed off people. Hell, I know that after being nuked I would look the other direction while they burn the mosques. It wouldn't be a personal hatred, but it would most definitely be a learning experience for a group of people that hold themselves above the laws of countries.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TacOps Security

if you get any further information about this "excercise" planned for Aug. please post it, I am interested.

Reading this post I was reminded of something, and it took me a bit of searching to refresh the old (and getting older!) memory cells. Thank you again Google!

So the Joint Task Force out of Fort Monroe intends to conduct an excercise involving a nuclear device into Charlston, South Carolina possibly some time this August?

Sounds suspiciously like the plot for a TV movie which aired in 1983 called "Special Bulletin".

I only hope that the "re-enactors out of Fort Monroe are more successful than the the original actors in the movie where.

The bomb, smuggled into port via a tugboat, was detonated in the movie, and destroyed a large part of charming old Charleston.

I swear, sometimes I think that I went to sleep and woke up in a poorly written Sci-Fi novel!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It's just too bad we can't skip right to the happy ending.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
It can be guaranteed that Al Queda will not target California, as that would be a direct attack on Mexico and other central and southern American Countries.

I would think that recent news about suspected terror cells being busted in California would point to the opposite. If they hit San Francisco which is one of the more likely targets in Ca. then why would Mexico care?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join