It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE PLAY NICE (STAFF ALERT)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
BTS is a nice place, take my word for it...and we all want to keep it a nice place.

However...there is one part of BTS that's been causing some problems, yes that's right its the Faith, Spirituality & Theology section.

Section Description

Discuss all things spiritual and share your own faith-based experiences.

No where in there does it say bash each others religion with reckless abandon, nor does it say spew out hate.
This section of BTS is, in the words of The Vagabond ''one of those personal things people might want to chat about.''
In other words this is a nice section for people to share personal religious events, experiences and such like.

If you want to talk about Religion relating to politics please visit Religion in Government Issues on PTS.

Discuss the issues related to the increased involvement of religion in politics in the U.S. as compared to other countries.

If you want to talk about Religious Conspiracies please visit Conspiracies in Religions on ATS.

Discussion of conspiracies and scandals in organized religions, or conspiracies influenced by religion.

And if you want to discuss Origins and Creationism please visit Origins and Creationism Conspiracy on ATS.

Creationism and other non-scientific origin concepts.

A brilliant thread that is perfectly suited to the Faith, Spirituality & Theology section is JJ's Story, this is the type of content we should be seeing in here.

You will play nice from now on…

edit on 1/3/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes and well said UK Wizard.

So please do make use of those other forums!

They be there for a reason.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
All you need to do is have someone come in with false information that won't admit its fallicies and you have a conspiracy

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
All you need to do is have someone come in with false information that won't admit its fallicies and you have a conspiracy

So you're saying pretty much none of the religion threads belong on BTS then eh?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What i am saying is that people want to turn regular religious threads into conspiracy threads

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I posted a thread detailing how christianity (and all other religions) is a conspiracy, and it got moved to here.....

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davood
I posted a thread detailing how christianity (and all other religions) is a conspiracy, and it got moved to here.....

From where did it get moved from?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, there is no area reserved for the actual discussion of any philosophy, it's bases, cases for point, validity (or lack thereof), differences, and historical origins. What we have concerning "religion"is:

A conspiracy forum
A social forum
A political forum

Perhaps this is "by design", since we wouldn't want to accidentally (or intentionally) offend someone while trying to enlighten one another. It's also why members are chastised for violating the scope of the forum in which they are participating; there appears to be no home for this type of discussion. If there is, please post a link to it and maybe that would help.
If not, nor creation thereof considered, then just tell us that the board is not going to "go there", and we'll have to live with it.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
BTS is a nice place, take my word for it...and we all want to keep it a nice place.

However...there is one part of BTS that's been causing some problems, yes that's right its the Faith, Spirituality & Theology section.

Section Description

Discuss all things spiritual and share your own faith-based experiences.

No where in there does it say bash each others religion with reckless abandon, nor does it say spew out hate.
This section of BTS is, in the words of The Vagabond ''one of those personal things people might want to chat about.''
In other words this is a nice section for people to share personal religious events, experiences and such like.

If you want to talk about Religion relating to politics please visit Religion in Government Issues on PTS.

Discuss the issues related to the increased involvement of religion in politics in the U.S. as compared to other countries.

If you want to talk about Religious Conspiracies please visit Conspiracies in Religions on ATS.

Discussion of conspiracies and scandals in organized religions, or conspiracies influenced by religion.

And if you want to discuss Origins and Creationism please visit Origins and Creationism Conspiracy on ATS.

Creationism and other non-scientific origin concepts.

A brilliant thread that is perfectly suited to the Faith, Spirituality & Theology section is JJ's Story, this is the type of content we should be seeing in here.

You will play nice from now on…

kerbump don't be skeered to use those other forums correctly

be a smooth operator OPERATING CORRECT!

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Religion can be a very personal thing and people tend to react with much emotion when discussing it. It is good to have strong feelings in whatever your position is but it is not necessary to belittle or attack someone for having a different position. Many of us with religion (regardless of which religion) know that our faith should bring out the good in us. If someone becomes offensive, we need to either stay the course and keep polite or walk from the conversation if we feel the emotion is too strong. Allowing good religious discussions to turn into wars should be left to gov'ts, not members of a website.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Okay, now I see where I can focus my energies and do some work, in the "religious conspiracies" department.

That will serve me well in some other contexts also.

Thanks for the idea.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Please Play Nice

mirrors

pleaseplaynis [mirrors] sin (nis) y'all(yal) piece(pes) see all(sael) seal(sael) peices(p) police (pleas) please(please) see(se) planes(playnis) sign(sin) nail(nyal) pesa(pesamistic?) help(elp).

just some thoughts.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
In the end, the truth is, we will all know the truth.

The truth is we all want to love and be loved.

That sharing and being cared for, as well as caring for others is better then not.

That each man is entitled to what they conjur up in their minds,

But all in all, in the end,

The truth is the truth is the truth.
Hate Terminated, Truth restored, and ultimatlely, The Truth restores The Truth.

That in eternity, Loving one another, is alot better then hating.

Use your words to mend, and not to be malicious.

Healing over Hate.

Be Happy. There is nothing to gain in putting someone down according to their faith.

We search for a common Good.

And in that Good, life, love, and happiness for all, exists.

Peace

[edit on 2-12-2006 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 2-12-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well,I have to admit that I have been both a victim and a participator in this "belief bashing"that you are referring to. While I certainly think that such things are probably suited for the "Conspiracy in Religions" forum, for whatever reason, many of the controversial topics concerning religion get moved from there to here. Any thread, whereas religion is concerned, that is controversial is gong to attract "belief bashers." That is just the way that it is. If you want a forum where this does not occur, and I am not trying to be a smart alec here, then I suggest you do away with any conversation about religion,period. If you do though, it would seem to me that it will take a lot away from both BTS and ATS..

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Religion and politics what a horrible combination,

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What if someone, such as myself, wishes to post a thread about a whole new beleif system? I have a radiacally different set of beliefs from many other people and wish to post a thread about my beliefs to see if there are any others out there who share my beliefs.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UK Wizard

I understand and agree with you. But people who only want to here the same point of view shouldn't create threads that invite a difference of opinion,this forum is replete with threads that do this very thing and when someone do responds with a comment that is not attuned to their view, it's hypocritical to respond with a lack of civility.

Case in point, a thread in here is titled 'is GOD good or Evil?" Now lets be honest what believer in God is going to say evil? What believer is going to have a difference of opinion? No one expect a person that don't believe as you do.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Eight]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Conspiracy theories aren't meant to play nice....

The point of conspiracy is to argue for your side of it and hear the opposing side(s).

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I think that if we need to drum our opinions to the point of argument, then we are moving into an interesting area of possibly needing to justify our opinions or beliefs. As I am completely confident that I know very little about whose religion is the better one, then I don't have to justify myself at all, Peace to me. In the world of religion, people are insecure if they continue to argue their point. Their ego is inflated to believe that they are better than others and that there opinion is more correct. Those that argue are in my opinion hypocrites of their own faith. Christianity for example, says to turn the other cheek... lets see the Christians or the whatever's do that... sure. The history of Christianity speaks for itself and the fact UK Wizard has posted this topic just shows that people find it difficult to learn humility and to accept that others have a right to believe what ever they want, its their life.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Please read the opening post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join