It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security members of Georgia arrest possible suspect in the grenade tossing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
www.civil.ge...

One security member died late on July 20 when the police tried to arrest a person who is suspected in tossing a hand-grenade into a crowd while U.S. President George W. Bush was addressing thousands of Georgians in Tbilisi on May 10, Guram Donadze, spokesman for the Georgian Interior Ministry, said.

so much for the theory that it was all planned by Bush. it was someone else and not one of Bush's "minions" who tossed the grenade, and live one at that. Bush aint that crazy.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
For those of you who don't remember, here's some of the coverage of the Georgian grenade incident:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Seriously you guys... please remember to pull the pins from your grenades before you throw them. You're never going to successfully blow up that maniac if you don't pull your pins. Amateurs.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Strange...

BBC list his name as Vova Arutyunov (a Slavic/Russian name) ...
...while The Georgian Press say his name is Vladimer Arutunian (an Armenian name) ...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Yup, there was something about him being an Armenian... But Armenia refuse that connection. In this russian (Interfax) article his name is "Vladimir Arutyunian"...

Interfax: PM denies any ties of suspected assassin detained in Georgia with Armenia

Jul 24 2005

Armenian Prime Minister Andronik Markarian has categorically denied that Vladimir Arutyunian suspected of making an attempt on the life of U.S. President George W. Bush in Tbilisi on May 10 has anything to do with Armenia or Armenians.

"Detained Vladimir Arutyunian is a national of Georgia and has no ties with Armenia or Armenians. And the assumptions made by some media are absolutely incomprehensible and inappropriate," he told reporters on Sunday at the beginning of his two day official visit to Georgia.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wow, I noticed it didn't make the American news. My family is Russian, and some of the family members (grandparents) don't know English so we have to subsribe to RTN (Russian Television network) And they broadcast news from Israel/Russia/Ukraine and it was on thier news almost all the time, what happened, satelite photos, and it was a big case and had a very detailed investigation.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Global war on terrorism.

Bush gives speech in Georgia.

Man throws hand grenade at the President.

Grenade defies the probability of physics and fails to explode on "luck".

Propaganda campaign wins, terrorism gets another headline.

Bush asks politely for more help in the war on terrorism.

shrug it might of actually had happened. Who knows. I personally dont beleive it.

I dont know why the President would be giving a speech in Georgia to begin with. I doubt the Secret Service would of even allowed it on protocol alone.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Wait, you don't believe there was a grenade???? It was all over the Russian news, I've seen satelite pictures of the guy, and tons of security people gave eye-witness reports of the grenade and such.

It happened, there's no way to deny it. But you bring up a good point, why didn't Bush use it part of his propoganda?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar

I dont know why the President would be giving a speech in Georgia to begin with.

The Rose Revolution

+

Gigantic Oil Pipeline From Caspian Sea Opened Today

new topics

top topics

join