It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Spy Fingers Russians on WMD.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Just found this article.
I have my inherent suspicions of this article/story being it is coming from an ex-spy. I did, although, find what the article/story said as being plausible.....one of many...

What you folks think?

Article:
www.washtimes.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Contentious Points:

Pravda said that an anonymous Russian "military expert" was predicting that the United States would fabricate finding Iraqi weapons of mass destruction.

(I agree Russia said that)

After all, Russia helped Saddam get his hands on them in the first place.

(Really? Why does the US know Saddam had WMDs? Because they kept the receipts.)

It was for ridding Third World despots of all trace of their chemical weapons if the Western imperialists ever got near them.

(Oh! So Hussein got rid of them after all!)

Technological documentation, however, would be preserved in microfiche buried in waterproof containers for future reconstruction.

(Really? There mustn't have been enough 'aluminum jars' then, because the US claims to have 7.5 miles of such documentation.)

Iraq, in my view, had its own "Sarindar" plan in effect direct from Moscow. It certainly had one in the past.

(What a classic piece of spin! It's exactly the same style as changing 'We know exactly where the WMDs are' to 'We know he had weapons programs'.)

The Soviet bloc not only sold Saddam its WMDs, but it showed them how to make them "disappear." Russia is still at it.

(Of course! There are 1000s of Russian spies burying and dismantling Iraq WMDs in occupied territory every day!)

The U.S. military in fact, has already found the only thing that would have been allowed to survive under the classic Soviet "Sarindar" plan to liquidate weapons arsenals in the event of defeat in war � the technological documents showing how to reproduce weapons stocks in just a few weeks.

(So much for the "Sarindar" plan then.)

It was just a few days after this last "Disclosure," after a decade of intervening with the U.N. and the rest of the world on Iraq's behalf, that Gen. Primakov and his team of military experts landed in Baghdad � even though, with 200,000 U.S. troops at the border, war was imminent, and Moscow could no longer save Saddam Hussein. Gen. Primakov was undoubtedly cleaning up the loose ends of the "Sarindar" plan and assuring Saddam that Moscow would rebuild his weapons of mass destruction after the storm subsided for a good price.

(Undoubtedly! On top of all the other substantive evidence already presented! (?) )

Mr. Putin likes to take shots at America and wants to reassert Russia in world affairs. Why would he not take advantage of this opportunity?

(Now, there was the real agenda for a former Romanian spy...)

Mr. Putin's tactics have worked. The United States won a brilliant military victory, demolishing a dictatorship without destroying the country, but it has begun losing the peace.

(Does that bear any resemblence to reality at all?????)

The supposed author, Pacepa, has presented a crock of sh*t.

That is what is to be expected in the Washington Times.

No street cred at ATS, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Interesting, even if written as more an editorial or opinion. It neglects to mention that the US, of course, also contributed WMD and stuff to buddy Saddam. Still interesting though. The Russians, of course, are no saints, and have been working and doing thier own business around there. Having the US there kind of disrupts any of thier previous activities, and gives the US a better eye to watch them back. Perhaps another reason for the war.......gives us a cloer door into Russia? Is the cold war heating up again?

It wouldnt surprise me, however, if Russia didnt say, get rid of Saddams Scuds for him, since Scuds were a Russian tool to begin with.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here's a thought: Isn't Putin supposed to be making a visit to Camp David relatively soon?

Just wondering if this article was brought up due to this occurance....

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   
There is this one problem.. The Chemical plants were build by Germans.. Bio material was send from US and Iraqi spies stole some nuclear weapons related blue prints from US..

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This worthwhile contribution I am 'channelling' from Uninen in his invisible period:

***** There is this one problem.. The Chemical plants were build by Germans.. Bio material was send from US and Iraqi spies stole some nuclear weapons related blue prints from US *****

That makes three problems, not one, spirit of Uninen. Perhaps an unholy trinity of problems....

BTW, an hour after the inititiation of this Topic, ATS was subjected to a DDOS attack originating from addresses at one Romanian ISP.

I think that is coincidental with the origins of the former spy/interviewee.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I knew it! The Rumanians are after us too! They are comming to get us! Runb for your lives, weve really pissed em off now!

join