It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any crystal fans here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
any of you guys or gals collect gemstones? perhaps a few amethyst generators or smoky quartz double terminators? or perhaps you have a geode or cluster of citrine or tormaline?

would love to read some stories or adventures with anyone who has been in possession of these wonderfully mystical pieces of existence (aka rocks ); )

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What happens if a person uses methamphetamine
for a long time?

Scientists are using brain imaging techniques, like positron emission tomography (called PET for short), to study the brains of human methamphetamine users. They have discovered that even three years after long-time methamphetamine users had quit using the drug, their dopamine neurons were still damaged. Scientists don't know yet whether this damage is permanent, but this research shows that changes in the brain from methamphetamine use can last a long time. Research with animals has shown that the drug methamphetamine can also damage neurons that contain serotonin. This damage also continues long after the drug use is stopped.

These changes in dopamine and serotonin neurons may explain some of the effects of methamphetamine. If a person uses methamphetamine for a long time, they may become paranoid. They may also hear and see things that aren't there. These are called hallucinations. Because methamphetamine causes big increases in blood pressure, someone using it for a long time may also have permanent damage to blood vessels in the brain. This can lead to strokes caused by bleeding in the brain.

(Not to mention its links with serious crime and lifelong incarceration for young, even short-term users)

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
After that interjection...

I like the Gem Shop in Ngatea. It's quite educational as well as having a diverse range from around the world.

I have a heap I collected in Brazil.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
any of you guys or gals collect gemstones? perhaps a few amethyst generators or smoky quartz double terminators? or perhaps you have a geode or cluster of citrine or tormaline?

would love to read some stories or adventures with anyone who has been in possession of these wonderfully mystical pieces of existence (aka rocks ); )

Love 'em.
My favorites are any type of geode and hematite.
The favorite in my collection is a raw emerald about the size of an egg.

But I don't have any adventures about them.

-B.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I just had a mini adventure.

was piss drunk some hours ago, and when my drinking buddy left, the memory gets hazy. i remember massasging myself with both an amethyst double terminator and a flourite massage wand and thats it. how i passed out in bed is still a blank memory (and i usually can remember as there is a whole process that I go through when I go to sleep)

i remember that there was a tingling sensation within the areas being "treated" but that's it. these objects appear to work under minimal observation, as I have also noticed an increase in dream/REM activity in my sleep as my collection grows.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega

I live to excavate gas cavity pegmatites for their crystal goodness. I used to love going to Devil's Head in Colorado for smoky quartz and topaz gemstones. My best find got me six doubly terminated smoky quartz crystals about 8 inches long. Hundreds of finger size pieces can be had in the Devil's Head area for the industrious collector.

DEVILS HEAD

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
And pressure created natural elements. If so I'm off and away, perhaps I'm just being over cautious as usual...

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I like diamonds. This has nothing to do with materiality. The vibrational nature of diamonds is conducive to a.p. experiences. I prefer the clear coloured ones. My only possession of a diamond is combined with platinum in a ring I have. I bought it used. It would have been way too expensive to purchase new. Before cleansing it of the previous owner's vibrations on it, I wanted to sense them 1st. Fortunately, they weren't negative. My impressions were of a lady who has a penchant for custom made designs & just accumulated too many to keep around.

new topics

top topics

join