It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Star Trek's Scotty, James Doohan, Dead at 85

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
May God rest his soul.

I always used to love hearing Scotty talk about how the ship was nearly coming apart at the seams and the Dilithium Crytals were nearly out of power and what have you....I always loved quoting him.

Ive listed a link with that has 6 zipped Audio Clips. Listen in reverent memory.

www.screenthemes.com...

Peace

[edit on 20-7-2005 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
He's still alive, right over there...

This generation gave us so much. You will be sorely missed.

A'slainte!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
RIP to the drunk man that made the Enterprise go "whooosh"

He was one of my favorites

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
RIP James ( aka: Scotty )

You know my favorite show was the Trouble with Tribbles...

Where at the end Scotty beamed the "whole kit and kabootle" to the Klingon ship where "They'd be no tribble at all"...

RIP James, you will be missed...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
...and the Dilithium Crytals were nearly out of power and what have you...

Hasn't that always been the excuse episode after episode? Move after movie?

*sighs*

I'll miss him

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Looks like one more beam up

While the closest Doohan came to orbit was playing engineer Montgomery Scott on the earthbound set of the Starship Enterprise, his wife Wendy plans to send the actor's ashes into space, according to his agent.

The couple had long ago agreed his ashes would be launched into the final frontier, space, his agent's office told AFP. They are to use Space Services Inc., a Texas-based company that rocketed the remains of "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry and 1960s drug guru Timothy Leary into the firmament.
Scotty Heads To Space

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
hehe personally id like to keep my ashes earthbound, but im glad scotty is gettin his final wishes, Rest in peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Is that something that all people of Star Trek sign up for?
Gene Roddenberry's ashes went into space, didn't they?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Scottie's ashes to be sent into space. Is it just me or is that the coolest thing ever.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Scottie's ashes to be sent into space. Is it just me or is that the coolest thing ever.

It's not just you...... that is seriously the coolest thing ever!

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Doohan's ashes will be sent into space, along with fan greetings encoded digitally. You can send whatever message you'd like to go along with Mr. Scott on his final voyage:

Seattle Times

TORONTO — Scotty's ashes are heading for orbit.

And his legions of fans can go along for the ride. Or at least their best wishes can.

Following the precedent of "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry, some of the remains of Vancouver, B.C.-born actor James Doohan will be launched into space in February or March.
Details will be posted online at www.spaceservicesinc.com — where fans of Scotty can also post a few words of tribute that will be digitized and sent up as part of the Falcon 1 rocket's payload.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Good update dj and a fitting ending imo.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
goodbye scotty.

star trek forever

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Just looking into this "Space Burial" thingy...

Seems they only send a small portion of the remians into space, either 1 gram or 7 grams, depending on what service you plump for.

Not too sure what happens when your in orbit. It would seem the company offering the service hitches a ride on a commercial launch, borrowing some space to squeeze the remains into.

Now, if they are not part of the orbiting package (say a comms sattelite) then surely they will either come back down with the remains of the rocket, or if they are released at the same time as the payload, the orbit will eventually degrade and you will burn up anyway.

Either way, it would seem that the space burial thing is not permament nor does it get you any further than earth orbit....

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
His burial has been delayed...

Beam up of Doohan’s ashes delayed
LOS ANGELES - Plans to launch the remains of “Star Trek” actor James Doohan into space next month have been delayed pending more rocket engine tests, organizers said Wednesday.

msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 16-11-2005 by jsobecky]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join