It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: U.S. Warns of New Terror Attacks in Saudi Arabia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia has warned Americans about possible terrorists attacks being planned against Western targets within Saudi Arabia. The embassy advises Americans living in Saudi Arabia to remain vigilant and avoid locations known to be frequented by Westerners. Saudi Arabia has been the targeted by many home-grown al Qaeda terrorists over the last several years.

www.bloomberg.com
July 20 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. warned its citizens in Saudi Arabia, the world's largest oil producer, of a possible terrorist attack in the kingdom.

``The U.S. Embassy advises all its citizens living in Saudi Arabia it has received indications of operational planning for a terrorist attack or attacks in the kingdom,'' according to a statement from the embassy in the capital, Riyadh, that was read by spokesman Andrew Mitchell during a telephone interview.

The embassy couldn't be more specific about the timing and nature of a possible attack, Mitchell said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It wouldn't be surprising if a terror attack does occur in Saudi Arabia soon, it's a true hotbed of extremist activity. It looks like the chickens spawned from the Saudis' funding of Islamic fundamentalist mosques truly have come home to roost.

[edit on 7/20/2005 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 7/20/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Apparently they have found a bomb factory.

Fox News: Americans Warned of Attacks; Bomb Chemicals Reportedly Found

July 20, 2005

As Interior Ministry officials announced the discovery of a suspected terrorist hideout containing large quantities of chemicals used to make explosives, a warning was issued for Americans in Saudi Arabia that a series of terrorist attacks may be in the pipeline, a spokesman at the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh told FOX News on Wednesday.

officials said they uncovered a reported militant lair near Riyadh in which they found bomb-making materials including fertilizer, ammonium nitrate and other chemicals.

The threat information was vague, with no indication of when, where and how attacks would be carried out, but was considered credible enough to issue a warning.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I've just been reading about this story on another news network. The lab they discovered contained around two tons of bomb related stuff: Amonium nitrate, patassium nitrate, aluminum powder, etc. I'm sure lives were saved as a result of Saudi police actions.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
If the Saudi's weren't so tied into US big business and government I think the media and government would be more critical of them pushing fundamentalist beliefs that often lead to terrorism. Many of the 9/11 attackers were Saudi's. However it's hard for the US government to bite the hand that feeds them so I don't expect any change soon unfortuantly.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Maybe im getting insensitive but...

Oil prices are showing signs of slumping so I guess its time for a terror attack to boost them again.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It's possible, but i don't believe taht they will attack in their "nest". We all know taht the terrosrists are hiding in Saudia Arabia. So it wouldn't make any sence to attack there enven thoug it would be on american citizens.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   

So it wouldn't make any sence to attack there enven thoug it would be on american citizens.

I think you forgot about the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Jiddah a few months back. Sorry to come accross as sarcastic

[edit on 23/7/2005 by SportyMB]

top topics

join