It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disciples of the Giant Tea-Pot Arrested in Malaysia (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The Giant Tea-Pot God has fewer worshippers today, after 58 disciples of the strange cult were arrested by authorities in Malaysia. Islam is the state religion, and only the major religions are tolerated. The religion of the Giant Tea-Pot was not major enough to qualify for acceptance, and the government has outlawed it. Rioters descended on the Tea-Pot compound, looting, burning, and assaulting those who were members of the cult.

www.msnbc.msn.com
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysian authorities on Wednesday arrested 58 followers of a bizarre cult built around a giant teapot, two days after the sect’s headquarters was torched.

The official Bernama news agency said those arrested were aged between 20 and 60 years and included a New Zealand woman.

Cult leader, Ayah Pin, was not among those arrested and was believed to have gone into hiding after about 30-35 assailants armed with machetes and Molotov cocktails attacked the commune on Monday, torching a car and the roof of a building and scorching the giant teapot itself.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Don't worry my beloved Giant Tea-Pot, I will rally the masses, and we will avenge you! The scorching given to you by those heathens will not go unpunished!

Just when you think you've seen it all in regards to cults and cultists, something like this comes along.

One has to wonder what's more bizarre, the Tea-Pot religion, or the violent opposition to the Tea-Pot religion. I'm just sayin', if my neighbor wanted to worship a Giant Tea-Pot, I would get too much of a laugh out of it to want to stop the fiasco. Am I alone in this feeling?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Behold, the false prophet! This is not your God! Imposter I say!

(There are no photos available for the holy teapot, perhaps it's forbidden to photgraph it.
)

This is all very strange to me...

Has anyone ever heard of this cult before?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I don't think a Great Teapot God is all that strange. I guess maybe their theory of the origin of the universe would be The Big Brew, and their prayers would be something like, "I'm a little teapot, short and stout..."

In Hindu mythology/religion, the tortoise Chukwa supports the elephant Maha-pudma, which upholds the world. An interesting related anecdote:

psychcentral.com...
A well-known scientist...once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise."

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?"

"You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down."

new topics

join