It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Intelligence Challenge: Can You Trust Your President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
We trained and worked at the CIA with Valerie Plame. We presented the following statement at a hearing on Capitol Hill in October 2003. In light of the latest White House sanctioned assault on Valerie Plame and her character, our testimony remains relevant and accurate

We slogged through the same swamps on patrols, passed clandestine messages to each other, survived a simulated terrorist kidnapping and interrogation, kicked pallets from cargo planes, completed parachute jumps, and literally helped picked ticks off each other after weeks in the woods at a CIA training facility. We knew each other's secrets. We shared our fears, failures, and successes. We came to rely on each other in a way you do not find in normal civilian life. We understood that a slip of the tongue could end in death for those close to us or for people we didn't even know. We were trained by the best, to be the best. We were trained by the Central Intelligence Agency. They may not appreciate what they have created.

Clearly some in the Bush Administration do not understand the requirement to protect and shield national security assets. Based on published information we can only conclude that partisan politics by people in the Bush Administration overrode the moral and legal obligations to protect clandestine officers and security assets.

We joined the CIA to fight against foreign tyrants who used the threat of incarceration, torture, and murder to achieve their ends. They followed the rule of force, not the rule of law. We now find ourselves with an administration in the United States where some of its members have chosen to act like foreign tyrants. As loyal Americans and registered Republicans we implore President Bush to move quickly and decisively against those who, if not apprehended, will leave his Administration with the legacy of being the first to allow political operatives to out clandestine officers.

Source:
TPM Cafe

Presidents Bush Administration is Loosing Grip even in the Halls of His Own Intelligence Agency.

So what Will Happen with Mister Rove, the so-called "Bush's Brain"?

I dont think Bush can Live without Him - so Naturally I dont think he will ever Release Him of His Duties.

How many More Scandals and Corruptions within the Bush Administration will be Revealed in the Future?

Let's Just wait and See.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
im surprise Souljah that u would believe these CIA people.
, i thought u dont trust the CIA itself. maybe we should abandon the CIA and get a new agency for people believe the CIA is obsolete.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
im surprise Souljah that u would believe these CIA people.
, i thought u dont trust the CIA itself. maybe we should abandon the CIA and get a new agency for people believe the CIA is obsolete.

But its Interesting anyway, huh?

I Enjoyed this Part Especially:

As loyal Americans and registered Republicans we implore President Bush to move quickly and decisively against those who, if not apprehended, will leave his Administration with the legacy of being the first to allow political operatives to out clandestine officers

Sounds Very Serious.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Having grown up in the DC Metro area, I am accustomed to reading these things. When an administration is not dominating it's agenda as it perhaps had hoped originally, it tends to succumb to a certain level of back-stabbing and scapegoat locating.

This is not so much bad as it is cleansing the system ... the benefit of our political system over authoritarian regimes is the ability to weed out corruption. Technically speaking the punishment for treason is death. It is so rarely enforced in modern times, and our media presence is so dominant, and that it's possible that some intelligence workers may have slipped a notch. Should they be axed? Well it depends on if a scapegoat is necessary. It appears from the jailing of the reporters that something needs to be done.

I see the current strength of the trust in media sources to stem from the corruption in the FBI in the 60's, and the Nixon Watergate scandal. The clandestine news reporter was the hero of the 1970's. The military were the bad guys. In the 1980's and 90's media was king.

In reaction to 9/11 many branches of government are tightening the reigns. If a scapegoat is necessary to show Bush's strength in enforcing his stricter policies, then yes it's likely going to happen. There are plenty of brains available, losing one man is not going to destroy Bush's public image. In fact it will clean it up by identifying a flaw in someone else and taking heat off the White House. The question is what is a suitable punishment? Death seems just not appropriate. Something enough to put a scare back into the concealment of sources is appropriate.

I think one of the biggest problems in our modern intelligence is that there isn't much secrecy to the CIA. It's become so well known, and so ineffective, that the media actually knows more than the agents do. I commend the reporter's initiative to digging up the dirt ... they have done a much better job than George Tenet's WMD search did! However, I question their loyalty as American Citizens by not revealing their sources. It's clearly an issue of freedom vs. obligation as a citizen. Unless they are planning to move to another country, they might consider that our national security depends on communication.

There isn't much point in having a clandestine service that spills its guts when the going gets tough. Look at Deep Throat, he waited 30 years before revealing his identity.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Why is it that conspiracies usually take root during Republican terms ? For crying out loud Bill Richardson ( NM Govenor and ex-Clinton goof ) more or less gave China the ability to build nukes as great as America, and I could ( but I won't ) tack on about 300 factual Bill Clinton BS schemes that are actually validated on film as well as paper ( Marc Rich Pardon ? ) ????? You guy's need to get off that pre-set TV tube rail and hit the dirt roads of reality.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I trust Bush about as much as a three legged dog trying to hump a four legged intern. I may be wrong, but the current administration just seems to have it's way with the press especially while trying to put Bush in the best light. I would like to see wtf goes on if and when C. Rove is surgically removed from Bush's bunghole. These are interesting times we live in and the show is just starting to get under way. Every presidential administration has it's own dirty little secrets and they try to keep them well out of the light of day. The fact is, I feel Bush is going to ride Rove as far as he can because he just cannot live w/o him. Lets face it: Bush would more than likely not be where he is today if it were'nt for Rove. The Demoncrats will have to stoke the fire a little longer in order to cauterize the gaping wound that will be left open when Rove is gone.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
grad_student[- Although I agree with some of what you said (nice post) I disagree with certain points.

Originally posted by grad_student
The question is what is a suitable punishment? Death seems just not appropriate.

Although death is tempting, I would support a life sentence at a hippie commune.

I think one of the biggest problems in our modern intelligence is that there isn't much secrecy to the CIA. It's become so well known, and so ineffective, that the media actually knows more than the agents do.

I think this may be a common misconception.

Short Audio by Larry Johnson, CIA
Larry Johnson and James Marcinkowski

I commend the reporter's initiative to digging up the dirt ... they have done a much better job than George Tenet's WMD search did! However, I question their loyalty as American Citizens by not revealing their sources.

There isn't much point in having a clandestine service that spills its guts when the going gets tough. Look at Deep Throat, he waited 30 years before revealing his identity.

I'm confused. Those two statements seem to contradict each other... (or maybe I'm missing your point)

I don't question their loyalty. The press is not the responsible party here. They are under no obligation to reveal their sources. In fact, if they did, they would lose the confidence of any future sources and threaten the integrity of the whole reporter/source relationship. Who would reveal information to a reporter in the future if they knew the reporter would spill their guts? It would open up the possibility for even more corruption. Reporters have a responsibility to keep their sources confidential. I think there's a danger of blaming the reporters and even the victim (Plame) when clearly Rove and others in the administration are responsible, accountable and to blame.

Souljah, I think you are right on. They (BushCo) are losing it. It's slipping. Four or five major issues are going to topple this thing...

Rove
Bolten
Iraq
Downing Street

Waiting...

new topics

top topics

join