It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China getting ready to move on Taiwan??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Read this today...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Is this a sign of trouble? Or, maybe, China just demonstrating its capability?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Don't know where Russia and India will stand on this one..

Esp.. since th eUS and India became all "intimate" over nuclear tech in the past few days..

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
2009 - 2015 is my guess on when China will attack.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Greetings,

To be honest, my prediction is around, during or just after the Bejing Olypics. With a Terrorist strike during the game being blamed on the Tawianese Military, with the chinese invading shortly after the attack, but hey thats just my opinion.

After all in my opinion that would be one hell of an excuse for a pre-emtive invasion of Tawian if the chinese could some how, paint the Tawianese in any way as a terrorist nation, with some evidence it would make any american defense, rather difficult, to say the least.

It must be the spook in me, but hey.

- Phil

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gooseuk
To be honest, my prediction is around, during or just after the Bejing Olypics. With a Terrorist strike during the game being blamed on the Tawianese Military, with the chinese invading shortly after the attack, but hey thats just my opinion.

the Chinese too smart to know the world wont believe that the Taiwanese will attack during the Olympics to show that they want independence, not to realistic.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by gooseuk

the Chinese too smart to know the world wont believe that the Taiwanese will attack during the Olympics to show that they want independence, not to realistic.

Really.

I find that it would be a creditable time to launch a strike during this time period, let me propose a possible situation:

"A new rebel force have introduced themselves to the world in Tawian, fighting to protect tawian from the military aggression of the Chinese, they have selected military targets around the coast of china, in return the chinese have elected to conduct police keeping duties on the Tawainese mainland due to the possiability of rebel members being entrenched within the Tawain government."

I don't know countries have been invaded for much least, even the suggestion of the possiability of the said nation setting up the technology to conduct a strike, Iraq being a prime example of this, not to mention Cheynea... Spelling? by the russians.

Plus if the ruse was to fail, they have the ability to use the Olympic teams as hostages, I suppose the Chinese could use the term "Protecting them from possible Tawainese agression"

Its an Opinion.

- Phil

[edit on 20-7-2005 by gooseuk]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't think China will attack Taiwan necessarily, but you never know. It will cripple their economy and their government power, I'd think. The Chinese people have been dirt poor long enough. You can read about "China's new elite," the folks in China becoming rich from their economic growth, and regular poor people now making more money and the Chinese government saying this and that about how this is China's time for prosperity and so forth.

The Chinese gov't might want to attack Taiwan, but the Chinese people I don't think will put up with it. And those Chinese people are not super submissive. They riot like hell if they get mad about something.

One thing about China, which the gov't, if they are smart, knows, is that the very thing that is making China powerful will also make it "weak" in a sense with regards to the gov't's intentions.

Adopting Democratic ways and a freer economy and all that allows China's economy to grow and prosper, which also allows their military to grow and prosper. At the same time, however, this weakens the government's ability to just say, "Alright, now we're takin' over Taiwan!" to these people who are now learning about all that they're missing that the rest of the world has (cars, videogames, movies, music, etc....).

Then again, that could all be wrong, and there could be many patriotic Chinese who do want to take back Taiwan. Who knows. But China's economy will hit crapsville if they take military action against Taiwan.

The people of China just want to be proud and happy, but the government wants POWER. The only reason they want Taiwan is to give them a more outward expansion into the Pacific and more economic power.

top topics

join