It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seperation of Church and State?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I would like to invite the membership here to read the following article.

I personally believe that the monument should not be removed because the Ten Commandments in this context are not meant to promote or force Judeochristian ideals. The reason the people there felt it appropriate to put the monument at a court is because the Ten Commandments are one of the earlier known Law Codes. I have to wonder if the same decision would be made if the tablets stated Hammurabi's code on them instead. The seperation of church and state is important, but I don't think this was a violation of that.

Any opinions on the matter? It's shaping up to be a pretty strong issue.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
They should stay. The monument doe snot impose any religion onto anyone. They do not say "Worship the Chirstian God". They impose good moral values which can be followed by any religion. I appluad these devout Chirstians,they are peacefully defying the Supreme Court. I feel it is very good to protest peacefully against men,and their administration but I do not feel it is ok to defy a country as a whole. You can go rally against Bush peacefuly and I wont care that much. Anyway.

The monument does not impose religion onto people. In a world where we have so much bad things going on I think its good to have a moral monument in buildings.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I too think it should stay. It is not enforcing religion on anyone. I'm also tired of the petty people that insist on having things like this removed. I mean we can't even put Sanata Claus in our schools anymore. It has gotten way out of hand. And its a waste of taxpayer money.
It used to majoriety rules. Not so anymore.

join