It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Estimated time of Nuclear Attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
Good article warpboost. And given the age of it (2002), I'm sure they've come a way since then.

In light of that article, the main thing I'm curious about is the possibility of someone sneaking material into a city piecemeal, such small quantities that it wouldn't be really noticed by the scanners. Another possibility would be someone circumventing the usual transit routes. I mean, I don't know much about how it would really work dealing with the logistics on Manhattan Island, but I could easily imagine someone swimming or taking a small boat/jet ski out a little ways and meeting up with someone in a speed boat, who takes them most of the way to the island, and they swim the rest. Plausible, anyone who knows the area?

I could see how someone might try to piecemeal material, but I wouldn't be suprised if they have the ability to scan for radioactive material from a satellite

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Um the easiest way ever to disguise a nuke from anything and anyone is to put about a ft. of solid lead shielding all around it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Shielding a nuke is very possible. Lead vests for X-rays available at Medical supply stores comes to mind.

With the correct enginnering and the time and financing, it is possible.
Also, Washington and NY supposedly have sensors on major bridges and tunnels leading into the city installed post 9/11, and I have read that many major ports also have meters looking for specific types of radiation.

I still think a few well place EMP's in 12 major cities would cause more chaos and the tech is easier to obtain.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join