It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call for MEMBER WRITTEN Content/Articles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Members of ATS we NEED YOUR WRITING SKILLS!

Do fame and glory sound like something you need MORE of in your life?

Do you think exposure of YOUR PROSE to OVER 40,000 intelligent readers sounds as good as a killer chocolate milkshake?

If you answered YES to either of these questions then we have challenge for you!

ATSWeekly is launched and we will be publishing one every Tuesday until 2012 (we all know why) and we want member articles/columns about ANYTHING on or related to AboveTopSecret.com, BelowTopSecreet.com and AboveTopSecretNewsNetwork.

I'll pay 1,500 points for any article we publish that's REALLY GOOD.

If you are interested shout out in this thread. I'll start a list of writers names and we'll use the first come first up rule.

We will be getting the details, who to send entries to, etc... out in this thread soon so stay tuned.

Springer...

[edit on 7-20-2005 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'm going to school for a master's degree in English ( though we'll have to deal with the B.A. first) Anyway, It's my understanding that we're simply replying to show interest, so with that in mind... I'm VERY INTERESTED. if I need to send in a story I wrote, then please let me know, otherwise keep me in mind and I'll be happy to help in any way possible.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You can keep the fame and glory, but exposure..ahh, that's tempting.

Call me a pervert, but I can't say no to exposure, I'm in.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilgenyus
I'm VERY INTERESTED. if I need to send in a story I wrote, then please let me know, otherwise keep me in mind and I'll be happy to help in any way possible.

Remember, it's got ot be about or from one of the sites, ATS, BTS and ATSNN... You're FIRST on the list EG. Wyrdeone is number two

Springer...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'd like to write something. For this first newsletter, it would probably be best to give general introductions on conspiracy topics and skepticism. In other words, this newsletter would be good as an introduction to the general concepts that ATS stands for, like ignorance in the world, the reason for alternative news/alternative views on events, and a mission statement for the newsletter. One possible article could be "Skepticism as a New Age Concept."

Treating the first articles as abstract philosophical discourses I feel will help give future readers concepts that they can apply when reading more articles either in the newsletter or on ATS. Plus, it could possibly define the course of the newsletter, though I don't feel it would be good to restrict the methods used in topics too much.

[edit on 20-7-2005 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Remember, it's got ot be about or from one of the sites, ATS, BTS and ATSNN... You're FIRST on the list EG. Wyrdeone is number two

Ohhh, I definitely have a topic I can give you if you want one already written on ATS or its affiliated sites.

The Evolving Political Polarity

Number 5 on google when searching for political polarity too.
It would probably be best to spruce it up though.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Any word yet on length, format, or suggested topics for the first issue?

Is there a deadline we should be aware of, or any special concerns regarding style?

Who's the audience, exactly?

I was thinking of writing an article on recent failures to secure evidence in high profile cases. Starting with Waco, going to OKC, WTC, Madrid, and Bali.

Sorry for the flurry of questions, I'm just curious.

[edit on 20-7-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I enjoy writing, I would be up for the challenge.

I personally like to write about agriculture and Canadian politics, although I would branch into anything interesting.

I have already been in the largest agriculture newspaper in Canada and two major city papers.

Sign me up.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
1. This is on a first come first seved basis, THAT means he/she who volunteers first in this thread (evilgenyus in this case) gets the first column and so on.

2. The column must be either ABOUT ats, BTS or ATSNN or something FROM the above, it must be relative to one of the boards/sites of our community.

3. The first deadline is up to WilliamOneSac he is editor of next Tuesday's newsletter, I am doing the 02August,2005 edition.

Evilgenyus, U2U William One Sac and inform him that you are the "Member Volunteer writer for the 26July,2005 edition that he is editing, reference THIS thread in your U2U to him.

WyrdeOne You will be the "Member Volunteer Writer" (MVW) for the 02August,2005 edition get me your column by next Thursday, 28July,2005 please.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
How much space do I have to work with?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Is this the only way for members to contribute to the newsletter? I'd love to do an article here or there, but I don't play well with deadlines. Although I do enjoy the whooshing sound they make as they fly past... I'm sure this will also be kind of an open invitation, so I know that even if a member doesn't have anything right now they can always volunteer later. Is that a reasonable assumption? And are there going to be other methods of contributing?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'll gladly volunteer...what do I need to do?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
See my post above, subject = Clarification...

Springer...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ok then, looks good to me. Do I need to u2u anyone specific?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I still need to know what length y'all are looking for in terms of contributions.

Anyone who knows me, knows I can pretty much keep on babbling as long as I'm allowed...

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
*Bump*

I can't submit a column to y'all if I don't have the necessary guidelines.

Unless there are no guidelines.

Any information would be appreciated.

top topics

join