It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Alabama, Wal-Mart #1 in Children of Employees on Publicly-Funded State Health Care Rolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Think about this next time you run to Wal-Mart for that worthless, cheap pair of sneakers and a case of rot-gut Soda:

Montgomery, Ala. – Retail giant Wal-Mart tops the list of companies in Alabama that have employees with children on the state health care program for uninsured children funded by Medicaid, the Associated Press reported today. Alabama joins a growing list of states reporting Wal-Mart as the #1 or a top corporate beneficiary of its public health program.

“Despite the fact that Wal-Mart makes enormous corporate profits, the company is stingy when it comes to its employees’ health care benefits,” said AFL-CIO President John J. Sweeney. “When its employees must join public health rolls instead of getting affordable health care on the job, Wal-Mart is shifting the cost to taxpayers. That’s simply wrong.”

www.teamster.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Great find TC.
And that is a shame. Wal-Mart has become like the "Retail Branch" of Government now, and it's sad what it does to communities.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Now that the sorry, anti-American swine in the House is about to clear the way for CAFTA, more jobs are going to be lost, more cheap stuff will be coming this way, to include food.

Just think, pretty soon, you'll be able to buy meat at Wal-Mart that came from somewhere way south of the border. You know, way out of the reach of the FDA. How about a side order of disease with your steak? And, it'll be brought to your state by truck drivers who don't operate by our guidelines or DOT regs. Think about that when you and your family are driving down the intersate and you see a truck about to pass you. It might be a brother Teamster, or it might be one tired South of the Border guy running on coffee and pills because his non-unionized company is pushing him really hard.

Bon-appetite!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just found this thread. TC, you will obviously be pleased to know you already can find meat and poultry of dubious quality at your local Walmart. The interesting smell that comes out of some of those packages can only be described as compelling, as in compelling one to gag uncontrollably.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I confess to grocery shopping at Wal-Mart because it's cheaper.

However--there's a Sav-A-Lot coming to my town and it'll be closer to my home.

Maybe I should try Aldi's in the meantime.

top topics

join