It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The magical trolls and elven beings who make lucky charms in my flower garden!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The true conspiracy.....

DEBATE MASTER - E = MASTERBATED

Sorry, just feeling silly....

Actually, for me, I'm on sporadically, as I'm often at work, and so I post when I'm not too busy. Sometimes though, I fly out on fairly short notice, so I can't guarantee I'd be able to make a debating schedule.... It's kind of fun arguing a side you don't agree with though...as it causes you to reassess your opinion a lot....

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
"... as some one who is passionate about being in the debate tournament was manipulated without him really realizing it into posting the original post"

Talk about manipuation ... Wow. I think I ran afoul of my sloppy retroactive psy-op campagin. But believe me I got my wits about me...

here's how it goes:

1. I post to get to get more people to debate. I hope to stir up some attention. Notice I didn't name any names or actually direct the post at anyone...

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
No actually pathetic comes more to mind.

In certain areas of the U.S. we call this crawfishing.

nice mudbug routine.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Valhall: An apology from me is in order. I resented the implication that I was being manipulated and sought to show otherwise. I took advantage of the situation and now I am making a big deal of nothing. It also appears, at second glance, that more was going on than it may seem. My apology is hereby given.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Be careful, lest that be labelled as "fake sincerity".

Good luck in the debate ktpr, I know there's no democracy in the kingdom of magical trolls and elven beings to draw out for your topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Valhall: An apology from me is in order. I resented the implication that I was being manipulated and sought to show otherwise. I took advantage of the situation and now I am making a big deal of nothing. It also appears, at second glance, that more was going on than it may seem. My apology is hereby given.

ktpr

Thanks for the consideration. I appreciate it very much. I also appreciate that a great deal of thought appeared to go into your words before they were spoken. I apologize for any gruffness I may have treated you with.

p.s.

ALWAYS watch MA...

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Master Debaters

Be careful this doesn't happen to you...

ps

I agree 100% with the above poster.

ALWAYS watch MA.

He is an active member with a reasonable intellect and wit, helpful to all, with a clear mission and purpose to deny ignorance and stamp out stupidity and corruption.

[Edited on 23-8-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
[Edited on 23-8-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
You REALLY have an obsession with insider points huh? I don't understand what the BIG deal is? But then I guess I don't have to do I?

PEACE...
m...

Personally, I don't care about insider points at all. My point was that some people get points for bullying others, while others get warnings for pointing that out.

If my points were erased I wouldn't care. I will, however, stop commenting on the issue at hand, as I've learned that the system is what it is. Life's not fair.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
You REALLY have an obsession with insider points huh? I don't understand what the BIG deal is? But then I guess I don't have to do I?

PEACE...
m...

Sorry. I accidentally gave you an insider point. I didn't know what that vote button was for.

I really don't care about points. I'm not here for points, so no one vote for me!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Satyr

The "Vote" button is for a member-driven poll.

Insider Appreciation Points are assigned by Moderators and Staff only. You will know when you are about to get your first one when you read a U2U message headed 'Applause'.

There have been some scathing meta-posts (posts about posting) that have achieved standing ovations and thunderous applause from the Moderators, where the content was not widely read by members and added uncertain value to the site.

This is all very subjective, and nothing to get hot about, but for some in the early stages of Kohlberg's developmental model of morality, who are fixed in the Good Boy Nice Girl period, these things take on some level of importance.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Again..

The mods can take away EVERY point I have received since joining. I was angry because I felt that an interaction between some members revealed cliquishness on the board.

I'd rather live by my rep than by my 'points'. The 'I like what you said' or 'good post' or 'I support you' comments I get in my u2u box from members mean a lot more to me than any of those things sitting next to my name.

[Edited on 23-8-2003 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Satyr

The "Vote" button is for a member-driven poll.

Insider Appreciation Points are assigned by Moderators and Staff only. You will know when you are about to get your first one when you read a U2U message headed 'Applause'.

There have been some scathing meta-posts (posts about posting) that have achieved standing ovations and thunderous applause from the Moderators, where the content was not widely read by members and added uncertain value to the site.

This is all very subjective, and nothing to get hot about, but for some in the early stages of Kohlberg's developmental model of morality, who are fixed in the Good Boy Nice Girl period, these things take on some level of importance.

Oh. I see. I had that all wrong, eh? Do you only get insider points for new threads, or on a post by post basis? Strange system you guys have here.
Seems that ATS mods are opening themselves up for charges of bias. I wouldn't be a part of that if you paid me.

[Edited on 23-8-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It's post by post.

Of course, all mine, and most of Banshee's, are deserved.

J/K.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Just to point out that discussion of 'Insider Appreciation Points' seems really very pertinent to the title of this Topic.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
It's post by post.

Of course, all mine, and most of Banshee's, are deserved.

J/K.

I heard that.
Do you get one every time you try to goad me into bodyslamming someone? If that's the case, you're missing a couple.

-B.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
No, the only thing I get when I goad you into bodyslamming someone is a bodyslam.

However, when I get over my neck injury (a real one, not the one induced by Valhall when she got me to stand on my head and do unnatural things while checking out a U2U system fault), I think the Banshee/MaskedAvatar combo would be unbeatable in mixed team action against any pairing, heel or face.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I hope that KTPKR isn't given extra warnings just to toss him out of ats. Personally, I can't find six posts he's made that warrant a warning...

I find the guy to be fairly clever and inventive. He shouldn't have to be forced to kowtow to people and take back his words just to stay on the board. Such intimidation is unjust.

I think what I just said warrants two warnings

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
OIMD

ktpr has pasted those warnings into his avatar to give himself a highly malevolent (and naturally impossible) look going into the Debate Series.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
OMG! You are the funniest!

I love your new avatar!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join