It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When do you think the World Will End?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I believe that the world as we know it will end before i die of old age. Whether it be by mother nature
, man vs man
. I honestly think it will happen very so though. Its funny to think about because the fate of us all could lie with in only a hand full of egocentric political bastards.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Are any of you guys afraid to die?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
Holy crap, I saw that site and there are a ton of deadly asteriods in our area! But you mentioned the extinction of dinsaurs caused by an asteriods, isn't that just a theory? It could have been anything that killed the dinos, volcano, super nova.

yes it is only a theory that thats what killed the dinosaures but the astroid strike is fact they know the earth was one lager mass of land before the strike and that it was broken up if you look at a world map euclid.ucc.ie... you can see how it all fits together not 100% but thats because of millions of years of errosion they also have a good estimate of the impact spot

you know the strangest way some one tryed you convince me that their was no way an asteroid would hit us is this pisture a bumble bee flying around a light bulb then try to hit that bee with a pellet gun I said well thats an interesting take but its more like 30 pellet guns fireing every 30 minnets from all angles eventualy one is going to hit it.

and to answer your other question no I do not fear death that is just the end of one jorney and the begining of annother.

also alot of the asteroids on that list are only dangerous if it were to strike the ocean or hit a city but a god number about 400 are large enough to cause global devistation wherever they hit.

[edit on 8/5/2005 by Salanthus]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
yup political bastards

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Afraid to die? Hellya. I know that, no matter how bad anything gets, I could never commit suicide. I bitch about it alot, but really, I love being human, being mortal- to have certain limits, to be able to walk down the street at night holding hands with someone and not know what the hell the future holds, but to be happy anyway. Or to be alone, and feel despair, but know that if I try, I can make it better. To swear a lot. To be imperfect. Because I guess it's not accually dying so much as what comes after. Ya know, going to hell/other sh*ty afterlife. Or going to heaven, and it being all wierd and stuff. Heaven for me is living a good life. I'm Christian, but I really like what the Buddists and Hindus think about the afterlife- if you didn't do so good as a human, you come back as a cow. After you die as a cow, you get to try again, and again, and eventually, after everything you're supposed to do is fullfilled, you go to paridise or eternal peace. Sounds like a good deal to me.

I have no idea when the world will end- no time soon , I hope- but I think we'll go one of two ways.
1) We'll slowly drift apart, no one even knowing how interdependant humanity is until whatever fate is to befall us comes, and we'll end it each to his own, or
2)We'll settle the stupid things, admit our flaws, and unite against whatever is to bring earths doom even if we can't win, and go down "with a smoking gun in our hand."

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Never. I believe "as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end" is God's truth.

As for this phase of civilization or culture or society or whatever you want to call it, we are on the fast track for destruction imo, and the real trouble could start as soon as a couple months to a couple years. According to some interpretations of Revelations, we will have the Rapture, followed by seven years (two three-and-a-half year periods) of Tribulations and Great Tribulations, in which most of the world's population will perish, culminating in what Pastor Hagee says will be 200 million Red Chinese defeated at Armegeddon.

Its not like I want this stuff to happen and I'm looking forward to it, just can't deny it seems the signs are all falling into place. Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs ......................................... can't you read the signs?

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Oh sh*t. Yeah, or that ^

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
what ever happens, happens. Can't do nuttin about it cause it was meant to happen.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
On Wednesday, August 17th, 2005 at 7:41am PST, give or take 300 years.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Run for the hills! Run for the hills!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I don't think the world will end for a very, very long time, yet. This world has been through too much already, and keeps on going. Man, too, is very capable and flexible...can adapt.

And, yes, I am a little afraid of dying, but not very much at all...just a niggling doubt of an afterlife. BTW...the smilies are adorable.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I say the world would live a long time without bush in power.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I say don't think about it if you cannot do anything about it. It is a waste of time, fearing something that might happen rather than taking action of what is happening NOW.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The world will end....when I die. I know, someone will reply that even if I die, the world will surely continue but as far as I am concerned, the world began when I was born and it will end when I die....all else is an illusion.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
thats nice but thats what I think so we both can't be right and I plan on living forever

still working out the details on how so far the plan is force of will

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If a nuclear war tries to end the world as we know it, then I guess ya'll S.O.L.! Time for me to start building that dream of an underground bunker I guess. See ya'll when the missiles stop flying!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My friggin birthday come on!!!!
7-7-07 good numbers though! god's favorite!

Anyway it will be 11-11-05 (1+1+1+1+5= 9 trinity of 3s !

haha i donnu I read once mars will come close to earth and cause a lot of death and earths rotation will speed up than I read mars is where the devil is sleeping! I have no idea where I read that but groovy story. Imagine how scary it would be if Mars came real close to earth! man everyone will be outside with the mini-cams and uploading mpgs online while I rip off the space shuttle!

Oh an to the topic on hand does the world not end for us all at one point?
It would be exciting to go together. Ok now a show of hands minutes before we all day who will be the guy saying a joke? How many dead fukers does it take to screw in a light bulb....he never did finsih that joke but that was the funny part!!!

Originally posted by Salanthus
I think possibly on or near july, 7th, 2007 is what my research points to its not an exact but I think it may be close and to the guy who thinks this is all gloom and doom talk it just wishful thinking, honestly I hope the end comes soon cause I just want to get rid of it all and start over, I have seen the end in dreams and visions I'm pretty sure it will be caused by an astroid a big one that will be broken up so that it will not completly kill everything and a large part it will hit somwhere in the mid usa closer to california causing most of california to end up in the ocean their will be alot of smaler ones that will hit all over he world austaila, canada, england, will be effected the least by the astroids but still devistating the result of the lage astroid hit will cause the air to be filled with dust wich will cause a seccond ice age to begin and england will be fourced to use nukes to break up the ice flows so that their citys will not be destroyed its what I have seen in dreams and visions. takit for what it is just a prediction nothing more it may happen it may not but I for one hope it does even if alot of people are going to die I for one just see it as the earth cleaning up the mess we made plus I feal like I was made for this sort of thing.

[edit on 9-10-2005 by japike]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
"Tel l us when these things shall be: and what sign shall be of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no not the angels of heaven, but my father only."

A dream: "Of the season of man"

"more of the season of man ..."

God Bless

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
When do you think the World Will End?
Short and sweet and to the point: Umm, long after I am dead.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Good question! Not one you see everyday nor people feel very comforatable to even talk about or even think of it.

Myself yes I always have been I think that is kinda a key to life. If death wasn't possible we would not learn to appreciate and some still don't.

I think I would be able to face it much easier now than any other time. I have this reoccuring thought that if something/anything was to happen I would look the situation in its eye and say Fruck off do it. I fear less now with better understanding of what will happen next. I don't think it will be just a dirt nap.

Originally posted by Striker122
Are any of you guys afraid to die?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join