It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A night's experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I am becoming more interested in astral projection, spiritual guides, and everything related. On a side note, right now I'm just living my life, really don't know what I'm doing, what my purpose is. With that, I figured i'd give it a try and I asked my spirit guides to speak to me, to guide me on what my purpose is here.

I was trying to go to sleep that night and I don't know if I was making it up in my head, but words were coming to me like, "don't be afraid, let us show you", "you need to relax". It was like having conversations with myself.

I've read about what happens right before you astrally project from many people, so you could say I have a good knowledge on what to look for, or feel. I kept having the vibrations, almost a feeling of being paralyzed, being weightless, a weird feeling throughout my body. It seemed just before the brink of projection I would stop it by opening my eyes, moving my body, whatever. After I did that I heard the voices again. "relax, you have nothing to be afraid of" This must have went on for hours, as I couldn't sleep. I said to "them" I guess my body isn't ready as I keep rejecting it. They said don't worry, you are meant to do this, you are meant to be here. After a few more times I looked at the clock, realized I had to be up in 2 hours with no sleep, and said that I didn't want it right now, I guess I wasn't ready. Soon after that, I finally fell asleep.

The reason for this post is I am interested to see if any of you on here have any input on this experience, or can share any thoughts about it. Mabe you have had a similar experience. There are only 2 things I can make of it. Either I have been reading way too much on here about paranormal topics, or something paranormal actually did happen. I'd appreciate any thoughts shared on this subject. Thank you

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
How you doing..!

Well.. back in the day I posted a topic on this issue (wish it was still here).. I personally have been into astral projection and OBEs (Out Of Body Experiences) for about 4-5 years. I know people who have gotten real skilled with it and I know people who have yet to achieve it.

With me, I have gotten to the beginning stages of it, then due to my lack of dicipline bailed out. My father has had conversations with my brother without even being the same room.

Your experience is really common and fear can really kill the possibilities of reaching the astral plane. Some say that beings on the astral plane cannot harm you, but that is bit of a misconception.. You cannot be harmed physically, but emotionally is something different.

The best time to try to attempt astral projection is when you have just woken up or when your body is in a real relaxed state. If you try when you are about to go to sleep, you will do just that, fall asleep.. There are also methods of astrally projecting from dreams, but I have been unable to do so..

Be tip: Relax, make a prayer (if your that kind of person), free your mind..

Have fun..

join