It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Fighters Account for 5% of Iraqi Insurgents (and other ignorances denied...)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Ill just throw this in the mix again.. can we please realize thet there is a state of civil war in Iraq?

Its not a bunch of terrorists that want to ruin their own country... no its a pissed off disenfranchised minority fighting for their right for selfdetermination.

Sunny VS. Shiite doe that ring a bell?

The only thing keeping the country from desending into anarchy was the tyranny of saddam. The US knew the place would destabalize and descend into civil war once they had removed him.

This was infact a desired outcome coz it would allow them to prolong their presence in Iraq under the pretense they're there to police/stop the civil war.

"Insurgents" eh?

The ONLY way to slove the mess now is to have the UN sep in and draw a line across the place marking one side Sunni the other Shiite. May afre they had a few decades to chill they can try to live together again.

[edit on 20/7/2005 by Corinthas]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Ill just throw this in the mix again.. can we please realize thet there is a state of civil war in Iraq?

Now I am Saying that All the time - but Usually Nobody want to Listen...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Here is a nice read www.nybooks.com...

A quote from disifo on the article linked there:

'When President Bush spoke to the nation on June 28, he did not mention Iran's rising influence with the Shiite-led government in Baghdad. He did not point out that the two leading parties in the Shiite coalition are pursuing an Islamic state in which the rights of women and religious minorities will be sharply curtailed, and that this kind of regime is already being put into place in parts of Iraq controlled by these parties. Nor did he say anything about the almost unanimous desire of Kurdistan's people for their own independent state. Instead, President Bush depicted the struggle in Iraq as a battle between the freedom-loving Iraqi people and terrorists.'

[edit on 20/7/2005 by Corinthas]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Corinthas:

I originally posted this in a different thread, but thought you may be interested to know I am tending to agree with you regarding the UN and splitting Iraq:

As for Iraq, dealing with the situation on a tactical level, like I said, I don't know... The only two options I can think of are escalation or "Vietnamization," both policies which clearly failed in the past. As an American, I would vote for the Vietnamization option, since this would get our troops out of harms way the fastest. As a global citizen, though, I realize that this leaves Iraq in a lurch. Perhaps a third way is to turn to the UN and international body, and redraw Iraq's borders, so the Kurds, Shiites, and Sunnis have autonomous regions. It's certainly not a perfect solution by a long shot, but then the nation of Iraq was an imperialist fiction to begin with, and it seems to have worked somewhat in the case of the former Yugoslavia. At the very least, we should be exploring this option.

-koji K.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join