It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appointed As Justice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
President Bush has selected U.S. Circuit Judge John Roberts Jr. as the Justice. Judge John Roberts Jr. has been nominated to replace Sandra Day O'Connor.

www.cnn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">CNN.com
Two sources, including a Senate Judiciary Committee source, said Roberts will be Bush's choice when the president makes a formal announcement in a nationwide address at 9 p.m. ET.

Roberts, who serves on U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, took the bench in 2003 after his confirmation was held up for months by Senate Democrats.

From 1982 to 1986, he worked in the White House counsel's office, then at Hogan & Hartson law firm, and from 1989 to 1993 was the principal deputy solicitor general for the U.S. Department of Justice.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I believe that John Roberts Jr. was a good choice for this position, let's just hope that Bush made the right descision. In my opinion, John is fully capable of performing the duties required. To be honest, I was expecting Judge Edith Brown Clement until CNN's earlier annoucement, stating that she would not be the choice.

[edit on 7/19/2005 by JBurns]

[edit on 25-7-2005 by asala]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Intro should read has been nominated to replace; the senate has to OK him first.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Already discussed here
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed

join