It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohamed Atta's father praises London bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Mohamed Atta, one of the hijackers who crashed the first plane into the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, and who some believe may have had a lead role in the attacks of that day. Today his own father praised the recent attacks on London.

Link

Speaking to CNN Producer Ayman Mohyeldin Tuesday in his apartment in the upper-middle-class Cairo suburb of Giza, Mohamed el-Amir said he would like to see more attacks like the July 7 bombings of three London subway trains and a bus that killed 52 people, plus the four bombers.

Displayed prominently in the apartment were pictures of el-Amir's son, Mohamed Atta, the man who is believed to have piloted American Airlines Flight 11 into the north tower of the World Trade Center as part of the attacks on the United States.

El-Amir said the attacks in the United States and the July 7 attacks in London were the beginning of what would be a 50-year religious war, in which there would be many more fighters like his son.

Only the begining of a 50-year religious war eh?

I know many who will argue that Islam is not in itself evil, but what do you say to those like Atta's father who think with this logic?

A perception of war, holy war or Jihad! His son died killing thousands on 9/11 and the attacks on London bring his words of praise!

Their sons and daughters are their heros, and our terrorists.

Welcome to the family friendly version of the war on terrorism.

ESP

[edit on 19-7-2005 by EvilSockPuppet]

dh

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well Mohammed didn't and they didn't and maybe daddy Atta who claimed to have spoken to his son on 9/12 has just been bailed into the story or maybe he was in there all along

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSockPuppet
I know many who will argue that Islam is not in itself evil, but what do you say to those like Atta's father who think with this logic?

I hope to say nothing to him. He's obviously a terrorist supporter. THat's absolutely sick!

But Islam is hardly connected.

I don't know how to get the point across that the terrorists just SAY they're Muslims. If they were truly Muslims, they wouldn't be doing this crap! I know you want someone (a group) to blame, and there is a group of them. But they're terrorists, not Muslims!

A perception of war, holy war or Jihad! His son died killing thousands on 9/11 and the attacks on London bring his words of praise!

Their sons and daughters are their heros, and our terrorists.

I agree with you! It's terrible, insane! Anyone who supports this action is a freak!

Again, if I and 100,000 of my closest friends got in our minds to kill all the South Americans and we figured out a way to make big news with our attacks and scare the bejesus out of people all over the world, and then we said we did it in the name of the Christian God! Praise God! Death to South America. We kill the South American enemy because it's the Christian way! Praise be to Christ for the slaughter of our enemy! ...

Do you get my point or need I go on?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
Well Mohammed didn't and they didn't and maybe daddy Atta who claimed to have spoken to his son on 9/12 has just been bailed into the story or maybe he was in there all along

Care to explain more?

Is everyone so deep into the conspiracies thrown about this place that they will dismiss a story like this?

All made up eh?

Sorry I must have posted in the wrong forum.

Benevolent Heretic, your points are taken, and made very well! However, please continue if you wish.

Despite what many may or may not be willing to believe about the attacks of 9/11, or all that has happened since. I believe that we are facing far more in this new world who think like Atta's father, more than anyone is willing to accept or believe.

Can we fight an Ideology?

A religion or faith?

These people like Atta's father carry an evil even I have to take notice of, and believe me I know EVIL!

When they are able to stage even more dramitic attacks than those of 9/11, in Spain and now in London, what then?

When they are in the many thousands, and willing to die in these suicide attacks, what then?

Son's and Daughters, like those of Atta's father are getting ready for the future attacks.

Prepare as best you can. And pray if you believe.

ESP

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yes, certainly something to be proud of, wouldn't you say?
Then some wonder why Islam denounces and strictly forbids such acts?
Apparently,even the some devote Muslim can continue to support thus, despite these Islamic decrees, interesting, no?

I guess when my little girl grows up and decides to crash her car into a crowded cafe because her fanatical ideological beliefs decree that this is a "selfless sacrifice," that I suppose I will plant a picture up on the wall in honor of her deed....

seekerof

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
To tell you truth, I do think we are close to the end of life as we know it. The Earth can't sustain us, the people have become beings I don't understand. Hatred and evil are rampant and I just don't think we can go on much longer like this, especially if it gets worse.

Can we fight an Ideology? A religion or faith?

No. I don't think so. All we can do is the best we can. I think there's a huge change upon us. I'm ready, whatever happens. This is much bigger (I think) than anything we can stop by fighting or killing people or certainly stocking up on duct tape.

There may be some sort of cataclysmic (sp?) event on the horizon. Maybe some people will be left, maybe not. But either way, I'm ready.

I have to go eat.
I'd love to talk more about this. I'll see where the thread is later...

And thanks for hearing me.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I am not saying that Islam is the enemy. It is the ignorance like this that Muslims seem oblivious to. It is really hard to separate the connection as far as I see it.

Radical Islamic terrorists are what we call them, But where is it that they draw such strong faith and why?

Where are the voices in the Islamic world who will condemn Atta’s father’s praise of these attacks?

I believe it is time for the Islamic leaders of this world to step forward and take either side. Either they support the terrorists, and their families, or they condemn such actions. It is that simple.

How many more in Egypt were as happy about the London attacks as Atta’s father was? Perhaps the War on Terrorism, should be changed to the War on ignorance. In time maybe the world can be better educated, and less supportive of those within the faith of Islam who seek to destroy so much on both sides.

ESP

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A War on Ignorance. Man! I'd even be tempted to join that one! Unfortunately, I think it would be as futile as the War on Terror. Where do the ignorant folk hang out? They're permeated in societies all over the world.

But where is it that they draw such strong faith and why?

I cannot answer that. But it reminds me of something. My parents, who have both passed, raised me in a strict Christian home. Their religion was the very center of our existence. Everything was about Jesus. My mother is one of the few people I would say was a real Christian. She had love for everyone. She found the good in every person and overlooked the bad.

However, they were also very racist. I'm white and I was taught that black people were dirty, less intelligent, less deserving and basically lower than we were. In second grade, I still remember wrestling on the playground with a black kid and looking at that dark arm and wanting to avoid touching it because of what I'd been taught.

My point is that things we're taught as young children have a way of sticking with us. And if we're protected from other input, these ideals become stronger and stronger and more ingrained into who we are. So, I suspect that had the other influences in my life been as racist as those of my parents and had those values been encouraged, I'd probably be a KKK member today. But I'm just the opposite.

The kids of extremists have been taught with certain values and ideas. It doesn't surprise me that Atta's father is like that. Atta was his father's son. They are taught and protected from other influence. Young boys with no future to speak of are sent to training camps. Young, impressionable boys who long to be a part of something are accepted and loved and taught ritual 'religious' ideals.

Hatred and vengeance are pounded into their heads every day. These kids aren't playing video games or watching TV, they're part of an evil experiment; to raise an army of human hating machines who consider it an honor to give their life for their cause.

Maybe we can do something about this, but we need to regroup. This war isn't working.We're giving the terrorists more and more ammunition for hatred of the Western world.

Where are the voices in the Islamic world who will condemn Atta’s father’s praise of these attacks?

You know, I wish they'd make a lot more noise, too. I KNOW the Islamic world, for the most part, denounces terrorism AND it's not their responsibility to assure us. We're supposed to be smarter than to assume that all Muslims are terrorists or that this is an Islamic movement. But if it helps people to understand more, I wish they would make some noise and defend their religion from its hijackers. I'd like to see it on TV every day. I'd like to see more people of all faiths publicly denouncing terrorism.

Edit: Of course I made one darn grammar mistake! Argh!

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Daddy Atta is an evil sick b******.
His son was an evil sicko too.
I know you aren't supposed to hate
but, God forgive me, I do hate them.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't believe we should target Islam. I don't believe we should target Muslims. Just becasue a terrorist wraps themselves in a religion for justification, whether it's Islam, Christianity or whatever, we can't hold the entire group responsible. However, if an individual or fmaily supports terrorism --- like Atta --- then they are the enemy. I don't support Israel's tactics against the Palestinians. However, destroying suicide bombers homes and family businesses certainly takes the prestige out of the act. In Atta's case I suggest we do just that. Surgical strike against his home and business. If he moves, we do it again. If you want to be our enemy then you are, in fact, our enemy.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm sure we would be able to make Papa Atta have a deadly "accident". I know it wouldn' t solve anything in the war on terror but it sure would make me feel better.

new topics

top topics

join