It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constructing the stargate - CALLING ALL SCIENCE BUFFS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ok so we're not all quantum physicists, but some of the greatest innovations of the world have been created by "average joes"

I want to start a thread, to work out, for lack of a better description, how to build a stargate!

So i guess im asking, how will it be done?, what will it take to build one? and lets go build one!!!!

(pfft it'd probably get more respond if ide come on and said "Hey, ive built a stargate!" LOL.......)

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well first....(where to start)

A stargate is fiction. It was created for a novel, and then a movie, then later off it enjoyed success in TV spinoffs.

It's not real.

Ok, now if one wanted to build a Stargate, the first thing we would need is another fictious Stargate galaxies away on some fictious alien planet. This is the only way that a Stargate can work (on a quantum mechanical level).

Next we would have to find a way to activate this fictious Stargate on this fictious Alien planet. How? Well I suggest looking for an 'on' switch.

It's in some alien language you say? Well we would then need to hire a linguist/anthopologist to decipher the text. But this is assuming that we FIND a Stargate on this planet.

If we wanted to build one...well, we need to learn a little bit more about Quantum mechanics to understand how a stargate would work. More importantly, we need to understand that the temporal/spatial have holographic properties. But get more than ten scientist from across the country to believe that and I'll give you a reward.

Stargate is not real. You would be better off asking what is the shortest way intergalatically to the planet Endor.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ok, well its more like science fiction than anything.

You are basically asking to build a black hole, white hole and worm hole.

Unfortunately I did not bring the proper tools.

I think even if you did find such a setup, with the worm hole and all, it would most likely self destruct after something set off its equillibrium.

Basically the idea of building any such thing is insane.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Do you not need a big ring of Naquada?

Plus, as stated above, you would need another one to connect to elsewhere. So to start with you would need FTL travel and the only reason you would have a stargate would be to enable instant travel between worlds for personal use, rather than your hunky great Battlecruisers....

Would be easier to hope that you find one built by a long forgotten race of ancients.......

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Heck, we havn't even been able to do dimensional travel yet. Maybe you should start with that before you start making gates

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I only wanted to start a discussion on the SCIENCE behind wormhole travel, and how it might be done, stargate was just a reference!

new topics

top topics

join