Did Republican spew-queen, Anne Coulter wimp out?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
She wimped out b/c she was afraid of bieng exposed as a man.

It appears that we have completely stumped Colonel on this one. He is resorting to assinine gender questioning.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
TC

OK, I am sorry I alleged that Ms Coulter may have wimped out.

But, there are drugs and there are drugs...

Here's how Ann Coulter ALLEGEDLY rewrote the Easter parable...

www.meetmyattorney.com...

The Easter story, as she would have written it. Nothing can approach the vacuous style of hers, but I imaginge she’d be a tool of the Roman government, just as she’s a tool of the far-right conservative movement.

Comfort and Aid to a Common Criminal

By now, we’ve heard all the claims by the Christians that their traitorous leader, Jesus, has indeed risen from the grave.

If there ever was a truer oxymoron, it is the phrase Godly Christian. Christians worship dead people. Criminals. Case in point: Jesus. Rather than assist the crowd with throwing rotten fruit and vegetables at the traitorous Jesus, the Christians gave aid and comfort to him — despite a long history of heresy against the Pilate government.

They prop up and threaten all others with “The Good News.” Christians love to spread “The Word.” Their obsession with News hides the fact that they have nothing new to say, and no argument to say it with. The Christian media is in full force this weekend spreading yet more lies and half-truths about the death of one common criminal. The Christian media, lead by the cut-and-paste mouthpiece of National Public Sea Scrolls, tries to blur the facts, and pull the wool over our eyes.

Jesus was a scourge to the integrity of our great empire! The Christians ignore this. They claim he was the son of god. They ignore the fact that Jupiter, not Jesus, is the King of the Gods. Christians obsess over suppers, and palm leaves. They spend time baking bread, pretending to eat the flesh of Jesus. Rather than simply threaten the empire, and plant seditious seeds of half-truths, they must also dabble in cannibalism.

The great crowds that gathered at the crucifixion didn’t fall for the usual round of lies by the Christian minority. “You’ll go to hell!” “Repent and be saved!” Christians are like a broken mandolin. Off key, and way off beat.

If there was ever more resounding evidence at the utter lack of credibility among this rag tag group of Christian literati, lead by such has-beens as Paul, Mark and Luke, look at the response from the Roman public: not only did the public support the death, but they pleaded for blood on their hands.

All the doom and gloom predicted by the Christian elites has been false. Fig production is at a 20-year high, the chariot races are bloodier than ever, and the Roman empire is stronger now than it’s ever been before.

So much for the “Hell on Earth” as the Christian media (and the tiresome John the Baptist) has been warning us about like Chicken Little. The Christian game is over. Checkmate. They can spread all the lies and empty threats about eternity in hell, but in the end the Roman public has won.

(Amen to that).

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Did you even read my post TC. The opening article said,

could she have been afraid of facing Conason, whose book presents evidence that her arguments are ill-researched and calls her lifestyle hypocritical?

I had never even heard of Conason prior to this article. To say that I'm approaching this from a bias is presumptious. I have not told you if I'm a neocon or a communists. Nor have I offered any indication as to how I vote. What I did was try and offer at least a few comparisons of Coulter's use of sources and that of the original context. I actually didn't expect to find it so blaringly deceiving.

I have read Slander, so if you would rather discuss that...

But the question is, if she went through the trouble of having the schedule changed for her... and then to find out that Conason is coming on the show...then pull a no-show...is Conason onto something?

Besides Susuan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, who does O'Reilly ever keep off his show?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
MA...dear friend,

What is your farvegnugen point! That is a made up story by an admitted hater of A.C.? What does that prove. That liberal journalists know no bounds in their attacks of conservatives?

You link to a webpage that begins with editorial comments containing words inclusive of: bitches and whoring and then you have the lack of thought to post an "imagined" prose assigned by this self-professed biased enemy of Ann?

Strange behaviour indeed. Maybe you didn't search long enough. Or maybe you searched a long time and this was the best you could come up with.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Valhall

This is called a 'mudslinging' forum for a reason.

Go back to your knitting, woman.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Piffle...

and you stink at this.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This is a little off topic but somehow seems to fit. I catch AM radio when I'm on long road trips and have listened to Dr. Laura Schlessinger. Wow! That woman must be dosed to the eyeballs on caffiene. Then just fumbling about I find that Dr. L has "less-then-flattering" photos all over the net. First Bill Bennett. Now Coulter. And Dr. L...my goodness.! Are there any decent conservative pundits left?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
What's the Rev. Jerry Falwell doing these days, pardon my ignorance?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't think of fundamentalist as synonymous with conservative but the good Pastor is all over the SCOTUS sodomy decision, gay marriage and then Ten Commandements. Right where you'd expect him to be.

Is that the best you can come up with though? Surely there is one articulate conservative pundit left? Even the Washington Times (tips hat to MA) has been a let down of late.

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by kukla]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
First Bill Bennett. Now Coulter. And Dr. L...my goodness.! Are there any decent conservative pundits left?

Now Coulter? Just because she skipped a show on CNBC?? And before she even responds as to why she skipped?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Are there any good conservative pundits left? That is your question, after what you've said.

You are obviously blind as you have attempted to say that Ann is not a good "pundit". In your mind, a good conservative pundit would be one that screams out liberal garbage while demanding to be called a conservative. Do you work for the news media, perhaps? Are you the one that dictates that left-wing bozos be called "moderates"? If not, you might want to put in for the job. See if there are any job openings, the pay might be pretty decent.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
She wimped out b/c she was afraid of bieng exposed as a man.

One thing is for sure, you'll never be mistaken for a man, you whiny little girl.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Valhall

This is called a 'mudslinging' forum for a reason.

Go back to your knitting, woman.

M/A, friend, no need to be suicidal. The only thing that may save your life is that you did not reference to barefeet and pregnancy. If she does rip your heart out, I'll drink a beer to fond memories of good conversations.

I haven't an idea what I might learn from that link, which starts off, "I’ve long admired the ability of Ann Coulter to write so much without saying anything of substance or integrity. We all can’t be empty, rubber stamp bitches and make money doing it, but whoring yourself on every conservative talk show seems to help, as does condemning anyone who isn’t white, blond, and anti-Liberal" other than someone is attempting to tear down the woman because they do not like her message.

By the way, is that what you think of Christians, that we are far from Godly and that our Savior (yours too, if you so choose to be saved) is a criminal?

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
"The mini-skirted mouthpiece is skewered for 23 pages as Conason, the New York Observer national correspondent, barbecues her and Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham, Bernard Goldberg and other angry-for-the-airwaves pundits.

Conason notes that while the 41-year-old blond may idolize anti-feminist Phyllis Schlafly, she isn't exactly a "model for her 'abstinence education' campaign. ... Sexual abstinence ... is for the poor rubes who stay home watching 'The 700 Club,' not for urbane young Republicans hanging out in saloons on Capitol Hill and the upper East Side."

The unabashed progressive notes that while the "perennially single, career-obsessed Coulter" wrote that liberals are "advancing a left-wing conspiracy to abolish the family" by "refusing to condemn ... promiscuity, divorce, illegitimacy, [and] homosexuality," she "dated the son of Penthouse publisher Bob Guccione, and many of her closest friends are gay men."

Bob: Now Coulter? Just because she skipped a show on CNBC?? And before she even responds as to why she skipped?

What is that actual likelihood that Ann’s handler will actually schedule an appearance with Conason? Never happen. Will we get a release from Ann on her absence? Unlikely.

TC: Are there any good conservative pundits left? That is your question, after what you've said. You are obviously blind as you have attempted to say that Ann is not a good "pundit". In your mind, a good conservative pundit would be one that screams out liberal garbage while demanding to be called a conservative.

TC, this does nothing to further the discussion. The facts are, Conason has the goods on Coulter. Coulter, Bennett and Dr. L are hypocrites. The question was tongue in cheek in folks. All is not lost. You still have Michael Savage.

TC
o you work for the news media, perhaps? Are you the one that dictates that left-wing bozos be called "moderates"? If not, you might want to put in for the job. See if there are any job openings, the pay might be pretty decent.

No just a consumer of news and a good American like you. Don’t worry TC my vacation, hence my time on ATS, is almost over. In short time you won’t be bothered with the facts.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Kukla, I haven't been bothered by your lack of facts or your insinuations and assumptions masqueraded as facts one little bit. I hope that you won't whimp out by saying your vacation is almost over therefore you can't come by. I assure you, your non-vacation life isn't as busy and stressful as the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
By the way, is that what you think of Christians, that we are far from Godly and that our Savior (yours too, if you so choose to be saved) is a criminal?

TC

No, in the lawyer's article it is what Ann Coulter "thought" of Jesus Christ. Her style of argument is the kind that supported the Roman Empire against Christ.

Like the arguments of your own current ATS character in the battle between the Bush/PNAC administration, and decency and sanity.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Appreciate it. The article was poorly laid out and I had trouble catching it. Or, maybe the headache was effecting my reading comprehension!

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I've never known anyone with the full frontal lobe untarnished that could read Coulter! Ann "the man" is truly the definition of pathological liar.
Yes, she did wimp out of the debate because Conason, a real author/journalist, has exposed her extensively – the story of her no show broke originally in a Ruppert Murdoch paper, so no liberal scandal there. It also stated that she had asked for the reschedule & then did not show. That she was teamed with the hosts – a John Snow economist & a Reaganite, also speaks volumes that she has no leg to stand on versus Smokin' Joe C.
Most of the ‘footnotes’ from the last piece of trash she scribbled were completely refuted; and by conservative publications as well as progressive and liberal.
She’s not an author; she’s a cheerleader of the Radical Right who got her start digging up unsubstantiated mud for Ken Starr.
Also Thomas, these ‘best selling authors’ get the numbers via bulk sales: mass quantities purchased for resale at all those open minded get togethers that the Right wing is so famous for! That’s why there appears an icon next to the title on the actual list – to indicate bulk sales.
And if you want to read an author who rates better than Harlequin Romance novels ( though I’d admit Coulter & Hannity aren’t even that good) and are true champions of conservative theory….read Warren Brookes. I disagree with chunks, but he was erudite and accomplished. Some of your favorite Conservatives reference him.

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Bout Time]

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I can't confirm it, maybe someone here can, but she was on CNN that same night. Perhaps this is nothing more than a scheduling conflict?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   
BoutTime, Thanks for putting the proverbial nail in the coffin. An untarnished frontal lobe…I think that’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. I’d actually like to see Coulter and Joe C go at it, if he can find a network that won’t cut his mic, a la O’Liery. I have seen references to Brooks but haven’t read him. Thanks for the tip.

Bob, I don’t get CNN, can’t help you there.

TC, I’m happy you’re living a busy life. That’s great. Idle hands in your case could be dangerous. Hope you had a nice weekend.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join