It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Want to Track the Homeless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
02:00 AM Aug. 21, 2003 PT

A mandate which will force local agencies that receive federal funds to register and track homeless people has been called too invasive by privacy and community activists.

In an attempt to grasp the scope of the United States' homeless problem, the Department of Housing and Urban Development is requiring local government and nonprofit organizations receiving grants for homeless programs to keep detailed files on their clientele. Data to be tracked ranges from Social Security numbers to HIV statuses to mental health histories.

www.wired.com...

They want to track the homeless?? i couldn't believe this when i read it. They should help them off the streets, not track them.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
the crew went back into Earth of 2024 or something and they had these scantuary districts for the dumb, homeless, mentally insane, and similarly unfortunate.

such a tracking system could only lead to rounding them up like cattle so that they can be kept away from mainstream society. theyve done it before and whats stopping them from doing it again?

i hope this never happens and that this idea doesnt take off, but it's very technologically feasible considering the amount of technological development within tracking devices (as in RFID tags)

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
hey, isn't that comparable to making them wear yellow stars that say 'JUDE'? Why is it that the gov't feels the need to track the homeless? I don't know about this Davey.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If we knew enough libertarian philanthropists, it would not be a difficult job to turn the tables and co-ordinate a campaign of the homeless tracking the Feds.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Uhhh ... Why not set aside fund's to HELP the homeless instead of just tracking them? Friggan retartded gov idiot's

top topics

join