It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possesion//Exorcisms....Does Evil Exist ....???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Anyone have any thoughts on possesion?

Exorcism.....does it exist??????

What are your thoughts???

I'm sure people out there have heard or seen some type of possesion or exorcism///

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yes, that is correct all cultures have presented such an issue. One engaged in an effort to be like God, rather than one of Gods creations.

Also have been present at such an event, the phenomenon in question is the externalization of contemporary themes.

As well should considered the practice of Psychiatry decreased substantially those diagnosed with the condition of being possessed.

In relation to the Phenomenon there are several incidences which are very violent. This perpetually, in relation to such events as the story of Lizzie Borden.

Helen this is not to say that it is not driven by some awareness who collective understanding exist solely from the text of being evil.

Don't fear the reaper is my only advise Helen for he is the hand of God. This being as an entity with its own intent, one which goes well beyond anything we define as immortal. The more one deviates from this frame of reference that is God's intent, the more one moves away from God. Hell is what God does not pay attention to, to those that cannot face God a place to hide.

This is not to say that those so afflicted warrant any label. In relation to how these externalization present themselves, it looks like an illness on some other level of functioning (my opinion).

And that as well would not preclude the existence of a Devil.

What are your thoughts?

[Edited on 16-9-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Good and Evil are just created by circumstance, and perseption. They are not definative.

[Edited on 16-9-2002 by Fantastic_Damage]

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 08:10 PM
link   
FD have you ever witnessed and Exorcism?

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Could someone be possessed and not know of it?

i have seen an exorsism performed in the greek orthodox church on video......they read the old prayers of Saint Cyprian who lived around the 3rd ,4th century.....he was a great magiciann who later left and dedicated his life to God
orthodoxinfo.com...

Exorcism is performed in the greek orthodox churches using the prayers of this Saint Cyprian...

My father in law passed away 3 yrs ago and before his death he use to see little men (similar to aliens of ufos)........i actually have a book on Saint cyprian and when i went over to see him ,(the book was hidden in my pocket out of sight) he reacted very angry and asked me what i had in my pocket..,which was wierd because how could he have known that if i did not tell him.........(my in laws are roman catholic,and dont beleive in modern day possesion)

I myself was involved in seances not knowing of the consequences (about 9 yrs ago) i have had pretty wierd things happen to me.........
i guess i beleive that one can be possesed and not know it....
i know that demons are actually real and can posses someone without them knowing.......
i also beleive that confession of such meddling with the spirits(seance)is nessasary......(according to the early teachings of the orthodox church)

Performing an exorcism is also up to the person having the exorcism,if they wish to rid the spirit then they have to beleive that they can be helped ,otherwise it is all worthless.......

There are many types of possesion and some are subtle and many people think it is our imagination or our minds playing tricks!

i myself do beleive that one can become possesed and not know it.......
(thanks toltec!>
>>>>

[Edited on 17-9-2002 by helen]

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hello again Helen.....

In relation to you query we (I feel) are getting into that very fine line between religion and psychiatry. Possessed and not knowing about it (in my opinion requires that a Psychiatrist throw up his hands in the air and say "I don't know
what is going on. "This of course after several MRI's and comparative annuluses with other subjects.

I once worked at a mental heath facility where myself and the head nurse (male) of a night shift for the unit I worked for were competing for the affections of the same woman. A patient, on a particular day announced during report, that he and I were the only ones with common sense (she happened to be a very interesting woman). Despite the very serious nature of our individual intent in (relation to the lady) we both had to take a moment away from our usual daily hostility (of each other) and crack a smile.

There were other very unique incidents to numerous to mention. This is what is apparent Helen, possession carries a stigma. one which in the past resulted in acts to heinous to mention. If you feel that Rev. Jim Jones was possessed or perhaps Charles Manson? I would tell you this first run an MRI and do a comparative analysis (from case studies). The reason why is because is because I feel that paranormal ability is a part of life. As a result you have those who have such ability who are psychotic and other who are criminal, there are even those who are not perfect (usually good intent just at the wrong place at the wrong time).

My response is that paranormal ability has for a very long time been denied as normal (percentage of masses) for longer that it should have been. Personally I feel we are al very Telepathic (and are afraid to admit it). Possessed and not know it, is a diagnosis one which requires on of professional stature to make a decision (a Ph.D.). A decision based on ruling out all other potential diagnosis.

Helen I am a person not interested in ruling out the Christian perspective. At the same time I accept the scientific method as a means of resolving issue which some may seem as a conflict.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
you can be posessed and not know. this is for sure.

have you seen the movie the entity? in this movie is an extreme example of oppression instead of posession.
none of the stupid fricken psychiatrist believed her they thought she just conjured all the happenings in her head due to adolescent experiences.
the movie is based on a true story

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Could someone be possessed and not know of it?

My mom thinks Im possessed. I think its just mood swings or chemical imbalances in the brain. If someone was schizophrenic, they used to label them as possessed. I think mankind only has scratched the surface of what the mind is capable of doing or having.

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by JustAnIllusion]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I dont believe in Exorcism. People simply have nuero-pathalogical problems that need to be adressed by the proper authority.
Its amazing that only Christians seem to be possesed ( from my observation ).
I have this movie at home, never watched it though for some odd reason. I will give in, and say that I have experienced something that was vaugly remniscent of a " possesion ", but being of a strong will power, fought this " Sub-Consciouss " demon off.

Deep

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Just get the number for an old priest and a young priest and youll be okay
. Seriously though, possesion seems alittle to fake to be real. IF demons could actually posses someone wouldnt it be someone with some power or ability to move more people toward evil. It seems the only people that are ever possessed is Joe Bob down at the local bar. THere was a good documentary on HBO about some Church whos pastor had convinced everyone in the church that they were all sexually abused and used in satainc rituals when they were children. Half of the poeple in that church were also"possessed" and it showed him doing exorcisims on them. Possession=Mentally Unstable

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I knew someone in High School who was possesed. I suspected it, and when he met my mother who is a very spiritual Christian, the spirit spoke. It was a frightening experience. There was an obvious separation between him and the sudden take over of his body. I believe it, for sure.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
some one the thread touched on what i believe to be the key...perception...this coupled with reality makes a very strong case for or against....supposing the afflicted person "perceives" that they are possessed by demons and an exorcism is the only answer, then is the possesion not "real" who are we to judge anothers reality...reality is relative, is it not?!

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
yes there are alot of fakes. dumb ass preachers saying depeche mode is satanic and if you listen to them you're worshiping satan. that's bs. there are people with chemical imbalances that may try to attract attention by claiming to be oppressed. but then again like someone already said you cannot determine what the person has realistically experienced and or witnessed unless your are by there side 24/7.

but there ARE real spirits/ real evil spirtis/parasitic aliens/ creatures that mostly exist in other dimensions but occasionally can be percieved by the human senses

common sense should tell you that the universe is infinite. it goes on forever. inwards and outwards.

if you blow up the nucleus of an atom(an atom of gold which is the denses element known to man) to the size of a dime the nearest electron would be over a mile away. this was proven in some scientific experiment. no bs. basically what this proves is that our reality is nothing but a fricken illusion. everything that we think is solid mass is really just empty space. i mean sure if i was to bash your head with a baseball bat it would hit something and create some art like a smashed pumpkin.
crap what was i talkin' about

oh yea the universe/reality goes on infinitely inwards and outwards. anything is possible and exist in infinity.
if your pathetic little mind(my mind included) can think something anything then it is not only possible but is reality somewhere in infinity.

watch the movie the entity IT IS A TRUE STORY I PROMISE YOU NNNNNNNNNOOOO BULL REAR END SPLATTERINGS

BELIEVE your little stick figure blood blister of a body with garlic stuffed olive eyes not believeing anything but what your brain can perceive is nothing. feel the wind blow.

well because i have not seen it i do not believe it is possible

well because my psychology professor taught me that this is just her way of dealing with the pain she went threw as a child she conjures up these demons to help ease the pain of here passed experiences. well guess what dumb ass psychologist get people to think that they there daddy fingered them when it never even happened

have you ever seen a jaguarundi
have you ever seen a golden eagle
have you ever seen great white shark
have you ever seen aids
have you ever seen an ocelot
have you ever seen the mexican eagle
have you ever seen a grizzly bear

all these exist in the flesh on the american continent
and i am sure that 75% of the people have never seen them.

ok dumb arsses do not believe that the jaguarundi exist?

i mean there really illusive but they exist AND SO DO DEMONS mean arss little brown dudes ripped up and snarling scuttlin' and scratching through the air.

throught the air? the floor of another dimension
coming after those who have accepted the truth

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Its amazing that only Christians seem to be possesed ( from my observation ).zerodeep

zerodeep my previous impression was that you had not so bad of brain.
now with the movie the entity, during the first 30 minutes i found the movie hilarious, and some seeing that the way i did may find it ridiculous, but just watch the whole thing i gets better.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I havn't met a possesed person, but my grandma says she has.

My grandmother is a very cool lady- she's about 80 years old, and still retains her mental capabilites. In her youth she tought yoga, and now she teaches me meditation and a bit of other dabbelings with energy manuipulation.

Anyway, she once went to France to study abroad. Sadly, her family wasn't too wealthy so she had to work while she was over seas. Sonce she has some pre-cog, she decided to work as a psychic. Instiead of doing the usual solo route she joined like a psychic firm. One night while they were closing the shop (They also sold books and stuff. The psychic readings were done n the back) her freind went into a trance while meditating and started saying weird things in latin. My grandma dosn't know latin, and neither did the woman, so my gfrandma dosn't know what the girl said or how she said it. Also, the girl had no memry of being in the trance.

After some years, my grandma determined that the girl was possesed.
I dunno if this helps....

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
it sounds to me that what you are talking about is what they call speaking in tongues. it is a widespread spiritual phenomonon. i have witnessed it many times. at first and most of the time i have seen it i am sort of skeptical of it. but do not get me wrong i believe that people can speak in tongues when they are possessed by the spirit. people actually encourage or want this to happen to them. they feel that it is a spiritual gift and they believe that the Holy Spirit speaks through them. i have never done this but have seen many many people do it. once i was at a large church and tons of people where speaking in tongues and dancing and writhing.
to be perfectly honest with you it sort of freaked me out.
i felt as though i was in a seen from raiders of the lost ark. i really do not know too much about but people say that the holy spirit overcomes you and just start speaking whatever the spirit directs or says through you.

valedamar i am glad that you mentioned this because i had forgotten about it. people open themselves up to the holy spirit. it seem to me just like someone playng the ouija would open themselves up. sorry i was writing what i was thinking.

hey i am sure there is someone here who has experience with speaking in tongues and or has the gift of speaking in tongues?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
i was possessed once................it's called marriage, my friend.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
panchovilla, I have witnessed people speaking in tongues.

I dont know if its a gift that can be practiced, it may be that God just chooses a random person.

I dont even know if I believe it, but when I saw it, it was very convincing.

Tongue Speak is also called 'glossolalia' or 'xenolalia'.

I think its kind of a cool subject to read up on.

top topics

join