It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save Yourself: Skippy’s compilation of tips to keep your family alive WHEN the terrorists attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That's a superb link with some creative captioning from deviant minds.

I liked the reference to "Duck and cover" too.

Now I know what to do with the standard national Fear and Terror signs.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I like your idea skippytjc, but the real problem is filtering the good suggestions from the crap.
Only about one in ten will consider this idea. The rest will think them kooks and act like the folks
in Independance Day who partied on the roofs under the primary weapons.

Interesting book:
"The al-Qaida Connection: International Terrorism, Organized Crime and the Coming Apocalypse," by former FBI consultant Paul L. Williams.

I used to think that the unthinkable will not happen. But like Mr. Williams, I am beginning to believe that enough crazies dedicated to
the idea of an American Hiroshima (using 1930's technology) can succeed. As time goes on, the statistical probabiliy increases.

So back to the topic. There are some good suggestions in here. My suggestion is more one of formatting.
There are two categories of suggestions that have immediate utility. Those that are inexpensive and those
that involve a slight alteration in life style with what you already purchase. And tailor such suggestions to
the following: no electricity, maybe for a long time. no gasoline, maybe for a long time.

Sample of inexpensive: Quote WyrdeOne
"Candles and lots of of matches. An extra pair of heavy duty boots. Bandanas and scarves, for first aid and face protection. Everybody should own a pair of welding or ski goggles."
My add to this is make that "kitchen" matches. If careful, the white tip can be rendered to powder to replace primer compound, the red part makes a poor but usable substitute for
gunpowder. (Common knowledge to readers of Guns and Ammo rags....good emergency data but don't experiment unless you know what you are doing.)

Sample of altering life style:
Say you need quick meals and already do TV dinners. Change that to a Hormel/Dinty Moore style dinner. These do NOT require refrigeration, have shelf life
around 18 months, and if power is out, can be prepared in boiling (simmering) water, which could then be used for drinking.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Purchasing a handy field book like the SAS survival guide is a good idea.

I have one thats about the size of two decks of cards.

It has info for any type of situation you could think of, desert, tropics, cold, what to eat, what not to eat, how to build shelter, trap animals, treat wounds, etc.

About 15 bucks.

Had to use mine once.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I would advise doing a good amount of reading on the subject, it will help you to prepare, another good read besides the one mentioned by Dulcimer, is the US Air Force Search & Rescue Handbook. Army Training manuals are another good read. Use these sorts of primary sources, rather than getting the filtered version through another author, who just reads those books and reports on them in his own book. I would suggest cutting out the middleman.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

In the event of emergency, find a 3-story, 10-foot-high building. The midgets inside will be sure to help you. Remember, just follow the enormous red arrow protruding from your crotch.

If a door is closed, karate chop it open.

Unfortunately, a flashlight makes a very poor lightsabre.

Swinging it around and making "whoosing" sounds won't help.

There're a few other really funny ones. Good link there.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Quote Dulcimer
"Purchasing a handy field book like the SAS survival guide is a good idea. "

Thats another category and some good thinking. Sounds like something I would
like to own. Not being in the UK, but with relatives there, how would you suggest I instruct them to get me a copy ?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The terrorists have won.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I came across a few resources available that may save you and your family’s life WHEN the terrorists attack next.

WHEN?

Do You know Something that we Dont, skippy?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

I came across a few resources available that may save you and your family’s life WHEN the terrorists attack next.

WHEN?

Now Soul, you have truly suprised me this time.

The very most IGNORANT thing you could ever do, is to assume it will never happen to you.

FACT: Terrorist attacks have happened accross the globe and continue to do so
FACT: People died and continue to die

These two facts cannot be denied, even by your twisted logic. And as these facts are true, each and every one of us are a target and we need to be prepared to survive.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

WHEN?

The very most IGNORANT thing you could ever do, is to assume it will never happen to you.

FACT: Terrorist attacks have happened accross the globe and continue to do so
FACT: People died and continue to die

These two facts cannot be denied, even by your twisted logic. And as these facts are true, each and every one of us are a target and we need to be prepared to survive.

SKippy ...you have to be one of the most frightened people that I have come across in a long time.....

Tell me ......what will you do when there is nothing to fear?

Will there be any meaning left?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

SKippy ...you have to be one of the most frightened people that I have come across in a long time.....

Tell me ......what will you do when there is nothing to fear?

Will there be any meaning left?

And you phoenix, must be one of the most ignorant people I have come accross.

Being prepared, and being scared are two completly different things.

It saddens me that people like you will tarnish a post that can only help people with your hate statements.

I guess there are people that wont stop at anything to impose thier hate

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Hmmmm...

Skippy you are really too Paranoid.

By saying WHEN you are saying stuff like:" I will sooner or later Crash with my Car, the only question is WHEN?"

Does that make you more prepared or more paranoid?

I belive the word you could use is IF - meanin you are still prepared and still ready for it, but now knowing IF the attack will happen.

By saying WHEN, you are simply just waiting for it to happen, which is not very good Karma, my Friend...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Skippy you are really too Paranoid.

By saying WHEN you are saying stuff like:" I will sooner or later Crash with my Car, the only question is WHEN?"

Does that make you more prepared or more paranoid?

I belive the word you could use is IF - meanin you are still prepared and still ready for it, but now knowing IF the attack will happen.

By saying WHEN, you are simply just waiting for it to happen, which is not very good Karma, my Friend...

Do you wear your seatbelt when you Drive Soul? Why? Does your care have airbags? Why?

[edit on 20-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Do you wear your seatbelt when you Drive Soul? Why? Does your care have airbags? Why?

Yes I Wear a Seatbelt.

And no I dont have Airbags (in my Girlfriends Car
)

But still, WHEN is a Word you Use if expecting something 99.999% to happen.

Like when I am in a Movie Theatre and I am waiting for all the Commercials to end before the Movie starts and I say:"Damnit, WHEN is this Movie going to start Already?" I dont say - IF-.

See the Difference?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yes I Wear a Seatbelt.

And no I dont have Airbags (in my Girlfriends Car
)

But still, WHEN is a Word you Use if expecting something 99.999% to happen.

Like when I am in a Movie Theatre and I am waiting for all the Commercials to end before the Movie starts and I say:"Damnit, WHEN is this Movie going to start Already?" I dont say - IF-.

See the Difference?

Most drivers will be in a car accident within their lifestimes. Its a statistical fact.

But why wear it? A seat belt has but one purpose: To help protect in an actual accident, it has no other function.

But I am paranoid because I think people should be prepared for a terrorist attack? It WILL happen. The only question is when and who. Are you so confident that it cannot be you or your family? I wonder if those New Yorkers, Spaniards, or those Londoners felt they were not in danger?

FACT: More terrorists attacks will happen, and they will kill people. So it is a question of WHEN.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Skip,

Please stop calling people ignorant when they disagree with you, it makes you look like a child.

I wear my seatbelt because I would be breaking the law by doing otherwise, and I can do without any more traffic offence fines.

There are certain terror attacks you can prepare for (the like of which have NEVER happened) and the type you can't prepare for (which do happen).

I choose to live my life to the fullest extent without these burdens of worry.
Chances are it will not happen to me or my city so I'll take that chance until the danger is far clearer or nearer. If it all kicks off, I'll pop to the shops and pick up the necessary then, or I'll be dead and not really having to worry about it too much.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hey Irma, I agree with that. Why should you worry? Some people choose to prepare, and maybe they can make a difference one way or another for a family perchance, or perhaps save a life. This doesn't mean it's for everyone and you'll probably never see a terrorist action close up and personal. However, those that feel bound by a personal duty to make a difference or prepare, give them some respect, as it could be your life they save one day.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Vincere,

Agreed.

If anyone feels preparation is needed then they obviously feel more at risk than me. While I would laugh at their paranoia now, they may be proved to be the wise ones in the long run. Who knows???

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irma
Vincere,

Agreed.

If anyone feels preparation is needed then they obviously feel more at risk than me. While I would laugh at their paranoia now, they may be proved to be the wise ones in the long run. Who knows???

Wow, as I type this another attack may be going down in London, but I am "paranoid" for telling people to be prepared for it and "childish" for
calling people ignorant for thinking they are exempt from an attack.

CNN.com, BREAKING (9:12am EST):

"Police at the scene tell CNN that a device exploded inside a train in or around the Warren Street Underground station in London. Details soon."

Anyways, the smart people will take precautions and feel better about thier families safety WHEN the attack comes and can live a better life because of it.

You naysayers are missing an important fact: I will feel SAFER being prepared than not, resulting in me enjoying my freedom better.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Wow, as I type this another attack may be going down in London, but I am "paranoid" for telling people to be prepared for it and "childish" for
calling people ignorant for thinking they are exempt from an attack.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by skippytjc]

As you have all been focused on the events taking place around the world resting so comfortably in your "freedom" , somehow EVERYbody over looked the FORMALDEHYDE attack that your own Sec. of Defense launched against US more than 25 years ago.
It was so effective that when people seriously consider what it would take to make this ATTACK stop they become catatonic when they realize how hard that would be, and the consequences if IT was forced to STOP killing us NOW.

"These boards are filled with news, propaganda, opinions and all out speculation. But I thought it’s about time there was some information here we all could use to help save ourselves from the terrorists that our governments may not be able to stop. They are coming and they will attack us, only mystery is where, when, and how. Read on to protect your families… "

Listen to what I posted in this thread.
It's too late to 'protect' your families.
For the intentional poisoning to be stopped it will have to be done by the "ignorant" people who still possess that "red white & blue" spirit, that can't be intimidated by the effects this poison has already had on our lives or the man who "called in his markers" to bury our assess like this.

WHEN there is an attack or catastrophy in this country next, the people who got away with the attack on 9/11 will be much more 'suspect' than one of the "terrorist" you have been programmed to fear.

It is too late to "protect" your family because you can't even stop "Our FATHER" of ASSpartame from pouring formaldehyde into your bodies now.

And now, nobody want's to fight about it.
I went to the ghetto last week and 4 out of 5 people on the panel discussion said "your food is poisoned" ,
but since the protest supporters were trying to stress how important it is to grow you own food... nobody was angry, scared, or ready to fight about it.
And yes I got on the mic and tried but since I looked like a turd in a milk bath to them,, either they didn't hear me or they just do not have the ability function as if their lives are being "destroyed" anymore.

Go get seeds and start a garden.
Get off the computer and see if you could even save your own ass, if by some miracle you stopped eating the poison out of someone else's hands.
Go get seeds and start a garden FAST.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join