I came across a few resources available that may save you and your family’s life WHEN the terrorists attack next. Although nothing will guarantee
your safety, there are some things you can do to increase the odds of you and your loved ones survival. Remember: Anything is possible and our
enemies will stop at nothing to harm us.
These boards are filled with news, propaganda, opinions and all out speculation. But I thought it’s about time there was some information here we
all could use to help save ourselves from the terrorists that our governments may not be able to stop. They are coming and they will attack us, only
mystery is where, when, and how. Read on to protect your families…
#1 Arm your self with information about the threats we could face. KNOW WHATS POSSIBLE. Below are some resources to get informed.
- Biological Attack
- Chemical Attack
- Nuclear Attack
- Dirty bomb or radiation threat
#2 You and as many family members as possible should have basic knowledge of the following:
- First Aid
- Basic Camping and survival
- Self Defense
- Firearm use and safety
#3 Prepare your home NOW, BEFORE we are attacked:
- Make an emergency kit
- Have an emergency PLAN
You can never over prepare. The more you know the better off you and your loved ones will be when the attacks happen. The world is an asymmetrical
place now, and planning and knowledge is our key to survival.
Some more tips and suggestions:
- Plan with your neighbors, safety in numbers. Make meeting places and plan for alternate types of communication methods in case of an attack
- DRILL DRILL DRILL! Practice your plan at least once per year, more often the better
- Always keep at least a half tank of fuel in your car. Always make sure you car is in good working order. Keep blankets in you car at all times
- A “HEPA” vacuum cleaner can easily be converted to help clean your air supply of debris, convert to one if you are still using bags
- Always keep bottled water in your house. 1 gallon per person per day
- Dry, shelf stable foods are a must have in your home at all times. Energy bars are perfect
- Always have at least a month supply of any prescription medicines available. CVS won’t open during a nuclear attack, trust me
- Make a pre determined meeting place every time you leave your home in case of an emergency. ALWAYS
- Keep some face masks in you car or purse at all times. Make sure you have ones that will fit your whole family. Men should get into the habit of
carrying one folded up in their back pocket
- Always have plenty of fresh batteries, for your flashlights and radios
- Never leave your home without knowledge of the whereabouts of your entire family and the best routes to them. Cary radios if you can, cell phones
may not work during certain types of attacks
The bottom line is you can never do too much to save your family and keep them from harm when the terror attacks come. I’m certain a “complete”
list would be many times as much as I posted here, but I think this is a good start.
Be prepared, do it now. Once the attacks come its too late. Knowledge and preparedness are the only weapons we as ordinary citizens have to directly
affect our family’s safety during a terrorist initiated emergency.
I hope the information I have posted here helps. Good luck, because that’s the only thing we have once we are informed and prepared.
Credit to www.terrorists-suck.org...
for some of the info posted here.
[edit on 19-7-2005 by skippytjc]