It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save Yourself: Skippy’s compilation of tips to keep your family alive WHEN the terrorists attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I came across a few resources available that may save you and your family’s life WHEN the terrorists attack next. Although nothing will guarantee your safety, there are some things you can do to increase the odds of you and your loved ones survival. Remember: Anything is possible and our enemies will stop at nothing to harm us.

These boards are filled with news, propaganda, opinions and all out speculation. But I thought it’s about time there was some information here we all could use to help save ourselves from the terrorists that our governments may not be able to stop. They are coming and they will attack us, only mystery is where, when, and how. Read on to protect your families…

#1 Arm your self with information about the threats we could face. KNOW WHATS POSSIBLE. Below are some resources to get informed.

- Biological Attack
- Chemical Attack
- Nuclear Attack
- Dirty bomb or radiation threat

#2 You and as many family members as possible should have basic knowledge of the following:

- First Aid
- Basic Camping and survival
- Self Defense
- Firearm use and safety

#3 Prepare your home NOW, BEFORE we are attacked:

- Make an emergency kit
- Have an emergency PLAN

You can never over prepare. The more you know the better off you and your loved ones will be when the attacks happen. The world is an asymmetrical place now, and planning and knowledge is our key to survival.

Some more tips and suggestions:

- Plan with your neighbors, safety in numbers. Make meeting places and plan for alternate types of communication methods in case of an attack

- DRILL DRILL DRILL! Practice your plan at least once per year, more often the better

- Always keep at least a half tank of fuel in your car. Always make sure you car is in good working order. Keep blankets in you car at all times

- A “HEPA” vacuum cleaner can easily be converted to help clean your air supply of debris, convert to one if you are still using bags

- Always keep bottled water in your house. 1 gallon per person per day

- Dry, shelf stable foods are a must have in your home at all times. Energy bars are perfect

- Always have at least a month supply of any prescription medicines available. CVS won’t open during a nuclear attack, trust me

- Make a pre determined meeting place every time you leave your home in case of an emergency. ALWAYS

- Keep some face masks in you car or purse at all times. Make sure you have ones that will fit your whole family. Men should get into the habit of carrying one folded up in their back pocket

- Always have plenty of fresh batteries, for your flashlights and radios

- Never leave your home without knowledge of the whereabouts of your entire family and the best routes to them. Cary radios if you can, cell phones may not work during certain types of attacks

The bottom line is you can never do too much to save your family and keep them from harm when the terror attacks come. I’m certain a “complete” list would be many times as much as I posted here, but I think this is a good start.

Be prepared, do it now. Once the attacks come its too late. Knowledge and preparedness are the only weapons we as ordinary citizens have to directly affect our family’s safety during a terrorist initiated emergency.

I hope the information I have posted here helps. Good luck, because that’s the only thing we have once we are informed and prepared.

Credit to www.terrorists-suck.org... for some of the info posted here.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
And don't forget to keep a stock of plastic sheeting and duct tape.

I know Dick Cheney took alot of heat for saying this but it is a good idea. Sure, It might not keep all radioactivity out, but it can be handy for other things also. Like covering broke windows, wrapping your food supply to keep radioactive dust off, covering a car or car seat, etc...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwas
And don't forget to keep a stock of plastic sheeting and duct tape.

I know Dick Cheney took alot of heat for saying this but it is a good idea. Sure, It might not keep all radioactivity out, but it can be handy for other things also. Like covering broke windows, wrapping your food supply to keep radioactive dust off, covering a car or car seat, etc...

Thanks Qwas, one of my sources does in fact suggest that
Its a highly UNDERrated suggestion.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Or you could just continue to live in the United States and don't worry about it...

Seriously... I don't think that there will be another attack on American soil.
At least nothing major as compared to September 11, 2001.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

- Keep some face masks in you car or purse at all times. Make sure you have ones that will fit your whole family. Men should get into the habit of carrying one folded up in their back pocket

You have got to be kidding me! I should get into the habit of carrying a folded face mask in my back pocket at all times? Talk about promoting paranoia, I could just picture the atmosphere this would create around the office.

"Hey Jimbo, top of the morning to yea, hey whats that in your back pocket?"

"How many times do I have to tell you Frank, I'm preparing myself for the upcoming nuclear Armageddon. Look do you have the PO's i need or not?"

Yes we must prepare ourselves now folks, and be as paranoid as this guy.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Or you could just continue to live in the United States and don't worry about it...

Seriously... I don't think that there will be another attack on American soil.
At least nothing major as compared to September 11, 2001.

You may or may not be right. But is your life and your families life worth it if you arent right? Some pre planning can make the difference between life and death.

There is only one absolute fact: They have attacked us in the past. Its possible.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You might want to add some of the things that the people did in the book Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank. He gives a decent account of steps to take in such an emergency. Even though the book was written in 59 many of the thing he outlines are still useful today.

www.amazon.com... etail/-/0060741872/ref=pd_sxp_f/102-9153249-8577744?v=glance&s=books

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
[You have got to be kidding me! I should get into the habit of carrying a folded face mask in my back pocket at all times? Talk about promoting paranoia, I could just picture the atmosphere this would create around the office.

They are tiny. Half the size of a hankercheif. Sounds paranoid, but ask the folks on that subway in Tokyo if they wished they had one in thier pocket.

How many things do you keep on your keychain or in your wallet that you never ever use, but take it with you anyways?

I dont see how its so silly to have one more tiny thing on your person. It may save your life.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Good points: Here a couple of mine.

1) Remember to have some ammo stocked up for your weapons. If s**t hits the fans, Im sure the sale of ammo will be restricted.

2) If you have an RV, keep the propane tanks full and also the water tanks...I always have mine ready to go.

3) Keep 20 gallons of gas in your garage....(4) 5-gallon cans.

4) Hard part......keep at least $200 in small bills.

5) Get a good emergency Generator. I have a Honda EU3000, it cost about $2000, buts its quiet and worth every penny.

Maximu§

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
How many things do you keep on your keychain or in your wallet that you never ever use, but take it with you anyways?

Are you referring to the same condom that I've had in my wallet since my freshman year in College? Who have you been talking to?
jk

I've seen plenty of people wear face masks following the SARS outbreak that happened in Toronto 2003. I do understand the significance in being prepared and the effectiveness a face mask might have in countering an airborne threat, however, I do not agree that carrying one in your back pocket 24/7 should apply to everyday American way of living.

Glove compartment, sure that's justifiable.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I can't afford duck tape and plastic. I do have band-aids and sandwich bags. Will that help?

Just some levity.

Seriously, good resources and thank you for caring enough to put it all together for your friends here at ATS. It doesn't matter what you believe it's the thought of helping others that deserves a big

Personally, I'm going underground to live with the aliens.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ooooo LA_Maximus I have some suggestions too!..

- Pre-emptively prepare your Hyundai Accent by removing unnecessary paneling replacing with rollover bars and a Chain-linked fully automatic weapon of choice.

- Have new packaged underwear

- Prepare post apocalyptic bible studies at the local watering hole exclusively for Christians and/or possibly Jews (No radioactive fallout deformities allowed).

- Install Lebanese style boobie traps around your place of residence to and/or capture food or deter trespassers.

I have plenty more!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Skippy, you forgot to add that the paranoia list goes for people who live in NY, Washington and maaaaybe Miami.
The rest of you forget about the list, go out on your front porch, have a beer and chill.

If you want to worry, here is a list of things you are more likely to be victim of: rape, drunken driver, stupid white man and his gun, stupid man of any other color and his gun, gangs, home accidents, wild animals, your kids are at high risk of being abducted by a white male between the age of 25 and 40 so keep them far away from those types.... what else? Oh, poisonous plants and food, cholesterol, drowning, being murdered by your significant other for money....
feel free to add more.

ARE YOU SCARED??? EH??

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
paperclip: Its not paranoia to be prepared, but to ignore the possibility is ignorant.

And for you to assume some places are in no danger rather than others, is just plain stupid.

Dont come knocking on my door WHEN it happens.

For the rest of you, who actualy CARE enough about your families, you cannot be prepared enough.

Paperclip, ask yourself this: How many of those Londoners thought they were going to die on the morning of the 7th?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Hey, skippy!

There is only one viable tip.

Did you forget!

DUCK AND COVER!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Skippy, you forgot to add that the paranoia list goes for people who live in NY, Washington and maaaaybe Miami.
The rest of you forget about the list, go out on your front porch, have a beer and chill.

Oh yeah.. and don't forget to vote for an administration which makes life more dangerous for those of us in the Blue state target zones, which hosts its conventions in New York City and then promptly calls it a city of sin full of liberal trash, and ignores the fact that more than half of us here think that this admin had foreknowledge of 9/11 and and made a conscious decision not to act.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
... and the number one top tip:

Do not live in a major population center in a country that has declared war based on a litany of lies with an abstract noun in a sovereign nation where the diverse population includes religious leaders that can mobilize fools into homicidal and suicidal activity.

Oh, be careful if your country continues to remain in allegiance with leaders and rich families in the nations that provide the strategic input to how to implement major attacks on your country, as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Dont come knocking on my door WHEN it happens.

I am muslim. I don't think I'll be knocking on your door anytime soon....

Paperclip, ask yourself this: How many of those Londoners thought they were going to die on the morning of the 7th?

One, it is London, a big city, a country's capital, so it is in danger.
If you live in a trailor park or some idyllic little town in midwest USA you are in no danger at all. No terrorist would bomb you, thats for sure.

Two, no matter how many supplies, medkits, food, those people in London had stashed back home, or how much they knew about radiation, they still would have died in the attack.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I was wondering how long it would take the liberals to chime in and change the entire meaning of this post.
Nonetheless, excellent post Skippy, I appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I like Masked Avatars tips best.

Skippy, i think you're sweet for giving us all these tips.

You never know....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join