It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

birds and fish=dinosaurs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Usually the first argument against creation is that the bible doesn't mention dinosaurs. The first animals created were birds and fish/other sea creatures. Now if God were going to mention dinosaurs, He wouldn't say that He created enormous lizzards. He would use language that people could undersand and relate to. What did dionosaurs evolve into?...birds and fish!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eslag90
What did dionosaurs evolve into?...birds and fish!

Dinosaurs did indeed evolve into birds, but not fish. I don't know where you are getting that idea from. Also, in the above, you are saying that the bible says that birds and fish were created first, so even if dinosaurs did evolve into fish (which they didn't), then birds and fish would not have been first.

genesis 1:20, 24
And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." [...]And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so.

This means that sea organisms, like whales, fish, amphioxus, mollusc, corals, shrimp, horsehoe crabs were created, then birds, but apparently not insects, bats, nor pterosaurs (which are not birds).
Then mammals, lizards, and dinosaurs.

Also, compare this order to the following:

genesis 2:4
When [...]no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth [...]the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground

So here man, a land animal, is made not only before other animals, but even before plants and rain. And then after man the entire Garden of Eden is created at once, not the seas, with sea animals, then birds, then land animals, etc.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I suppose I used the word dinosaur incorrectly for prehistoric sea creatures. But, I do notice that Genesis 2:5-7 is more of a flashback.
"When the Lord God made earth and heaven-when no shrub of the field was yet on earth and no grasses of the field had yet sprouted, because the Lord God had not sent rain upon the earth and there was no man to till the soil, but a flow would well up from the ground and water the whole surface of the earth-the Lord God formed man from the dust of the earth."

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Usually the first argument against creation is that the bible doesn't mention dinosaurs.

I don't think that this is even in the top 10 most common arguments used against creationism. After all, nobody has claimed that the Bible talks about everything that ever happened.

The first animals created were birds and fish/other sea creatures. Now if God were going to mention dinosaurs, He wouldn't say that He created enormous lizzards. He would use language that people could undersand and relate to.

People often say things like "If God were mentioning this, then..." or "If God was trying to explain a complex concept like _____ then he would use simpler terms like _____ and _____," but I don't think such claims have any merit whatsoever. People also say that the Bible, "God's Word," is the "only book you'll ever need," as well, which cannot be true if its interpretation also requires little human minds trying to explain it in their own words.

Peon A: "God, how did things come into being?"

God: "Well, in the beginning, I devised a scheme such that mutations and what I call 'God's Natural Selection' would --"

Peon B: "Move over, God, I'll take this one." You see, Peon A, in the beginning, God created man out of, let's say, Dust. Yeah, Dust! And uhh --

Zip

EDIT: And, as far as terms that we could "relate to," I think you would agree that Revelations is about the OPPOSITE of THAT. So, as a precedent, the Bible is often NOT something easily understood or related to.

[edit on 7/20/2005 by Zipdot]

top topics

join