It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Note on Flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
American Airlines flight 605 was forced to land, when a passenger discovered a suspicious note, written on a napkin, behind her tray. The note said, "bomb bomb bomb" on it. The plane returned to the airport, where it was searched by the Broward County Sheriff's Bomb Squad, they did not find any explosives, and are investigating the source of the note.

www.cnn.com
According to FBI Special Agent Judy Orihuela, American Airlines flight 605 took off from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport at 6:38 p.m. ET (2238 GMT) on Monday.

About 40 minutes into the flight, a note saying, "Bomb, bomb, bomb ... meet the parents," was found on a crumpled napkin with a wad of chewing gum in it.

The pilot was informed of the note and the plane returned to the airport, where it was met by the bomb squad from the Broward County Sheriff's Office.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

They mention that this reference could be to the movie, "Meet the Parents". I recall that scene from the movie, however, I can't see any reason that someone would duplicate it on a flight. Surely they would have to know the panic it would cause (if found), and know that what they were doing was against the law. Some people just don't think things out, at all.

I'm glad to no-one was hurt, and that there wasn't actually a bomb onboard. Obviously our Airport security is doing a good job, as far as that goes.

[edit on 24-7-2005 by asala]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I voted "YES", good structure and articles like this need to be discussed...they keep us in check on where we stand with paranoia and all this 9/11 scittish

however, I can't see any reason that someone would duplicate it on a flight.

I can see how...it was probably some couple or a parent and thier child and one of them wanted to referenece that scene from meet the fockers but did not want to say it aloud for obvious reasons....so they scribbled it on a napkin and showed the other person...I do it all the time when I fly. Like if someone stinks, Ill write something down and bascially me and whoever I am flying with will carry on "shat" talking canversation about people...but it will be on paper.

What can I say, Im easily amused

Anyways...that was not worthy of changing the schedule and landing early.....waste of time, IMO. There has to be certain parameters on what merets an emergency landing and that comes with. IMO, a little common sense would have made that decision in this case.

EDIT: If this were meant as a threat or a joke...why would they reference a movie? "bomb bomb bomb" would pose more of a likely threat just being alone with the the "meet the fockers" added on to it.

[edit on 19/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is either one of our homegrown nut cases, planted there for kicks and giggles, or a real terrorist wannabe.
Pretty soon we'll only be safe traveling by car

new topics

join