It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Interview with a Mason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I spent the better part of the early morning today with an acquantaince of mine who claims to be a Mason, and i learned a few things about them.

Firstly, if they saw a perspective Mason, they have to ask them honestly and truthfully if they want to be a Mason three times. This is unimportant, however.

The real meat of the conversation came when i asked him what i couldn't ask about. He began by telling me things i COULD ask about, so I asked about his Mason Hall's Library. He started out telling me that they keep extensive lineage records on the families of all Masons, and that if I had a Mason relative, he could look up my lineage as far back as the 1400s.

One of the more interesting things that he mentioned was that there was a bookshelf in his Hall that only Master Masons could look in. He told me that in one of the books there is an account of a man who claims that the Bible that we know today is merely a bastardized version of the Original Aramaic text. Could it be that the Masons are trying to control us through our souls? Or is it just the normal sort of misinterpretations that happen when a manuscript is translated? Hopefully the Latter.

Well, while all of this info is interesting, I'm not entirely confident in it's accuracy. If any of you could either back me up or shoot me down, It'd be great. So, enjoy.

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by Loki]

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Is my post not good enough to encourage a response?

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You might want to request this thread be moved to the "Secret Societies" forum, seems more appropriate there.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
LOL man that was dumb of me.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i believe the bible is garnished because for quite some time when it was first published in english it was burnt by the christians, but they were burning every book basically then because only the priests knew what the bible means lol, then the reformation came, we need one now, not of religion tho but of thought and governance

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Masons are not suppose to reveal themselves, are they? thats what MA told me anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Is my post not good enough to encourage a response?

Your post is very good
; I also wander why no one isn�t interested in it.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   

He told me that in one of the books there is an account of a man who claims that the Bible that we know today is merely a bastardized version of the Original Aramaic text. Could it be that the Masons are trying to control us through our souls? Or is it just the normal sort of misinterpretations that happen when a manuscript is translated? Hopefully the Latter.

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by Loki]

So, where's the real version?

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Masons are not suppose to reveal themselves, are they? thats what MA told me anyway.

No, he didn't.

You asked MA whether Masons are not supposed to reveal themselves.

MA replied "A lot of people think Freemasonry is a secret society, when it is just a society with some secrets".

Your inference was that I had actually said something that was a Masonic line. Was it? Or was it something that I just picked up out of some book somewhere?

What Loki posted may be uniquely true of certain customs in his area. I don't back up a lot of them, because there is much diversity, although the core tenets will remain the same.

The truth is no matter how much any individual in a virtual community claims to be this or that or not this or that, you could never know for certain unless you had real life information. But paradoxically, Masons will know each other for certain.

Freemasons regularly reveal themselves to other Freemasons and to non-Masonic members of any community. They parade, they have photos taken, they give scholarships, awards and donations in public, they even (in the only in America category) don Fez caps and motor along in model cars.

The myth of secrecy is probably just symptomatic of a minor generational and experiential gap between posting members.

BTW this DOES belong in Secret Societies, and yet it has sat festering in the mudpit for almost a week.

* slings mud at nearest mudpit moderator *

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Bookshelf? What book shelf, when I was traveling, I didn't run into this......Don't know what he is talking about

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This I believe to be true. If you have any inherent spiritual knowledge or even knowledge of the various world religions and spiritual philosophies they all inter-link in more than one way. And the bible was obviously a reformed tool to be used as a method of control later on.

It is my belief that the bible and the original teachings of Christ had more to do with knowledge, light and love (which to me Christ represents). The forms of ascension and the mechanics for which it relates to the higher realms of consciousness and reality. Hidden history of humans struggle in the past and its struggle against the Fallen Angelics (higher more advanced inter dimensional/extraterrestrial beings who chose to regress from the higher eternal perpetual machine/source we know as god). The second coming of Christ in fact being the realignment of the planets and the influx of the avatars/ascended masters (also known as indigos) to try and raise the awareness and spiritual knowledge (frequency and vibration levels) of earth before it falls (from a spiritual or astral perspective).

I think the bible was alot more detailed, complete, and "pure" before it was bastardized at some point. There are in fact more forces at work than people realize

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The real meat of the conversation came when i asked him what i couldn't ask about. He began by telling me things i COULD ask about, so I asked about his Mason Hall's Library. He started out telling me that they keep extensive lineage records on the families of all Masons, and that if I had a Mason relative, he could look up my lineage as far back as the 1400s.

I'm the Secretary of my Lodge, which means I'm the primary record-keeper. The only thing we keep records of are our actual membership. Each Lodge secretary has a ledger book with a page for each member. The only thing we keep up with on this is the member's name, mailing address, dates he received the degrees, and dates and amounts of dues payments and donations.

Anybody who tells you that we have the means (or even the interest) of tracing somebody's lineage is not being truthful.

One of the more interesting things that he mentioned was that there was a bookshelf in his Hall that only Master Masons could look in. He told me that in one of the books there is an account of a man who claims that the Bible that we know today is merely a bastardized version of the Original Aramaic text. Could it be that the Masons are trying to control us through our souls? Or is it just the normal sort of misinterpretations that happen when a manuscript is translated? Hopefully the Latter.

There is no "original Aramaic text". The Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew, and the New Testament was originally written in Greek.

new topics

top topics

join