It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Airing Re-Creation of Flight 93

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The Discovery Channel will air a recreation of how hijackers and hostages interacted on Flight 93 on September 11th 2001. The recreation is to be aired on the 4th anniversary of 9/11. London-based Brook Lapping Productions obtained cooperation from United Airlines and some of the family members of those killed in the hijacking.

news.yahoo.com
The show is being produced by London-based Brook Lapping Productions, which is getting cooperation on the project from United Airlines and some family members of those killed in the attack.

"A few people didn't want to have anything to do with it just because they just don't want to have anything to do with anything (relating to that day)," executive producer Phil Craig told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for Monday editions. "I think there will be some people who don't like it because their family member isn't highlighted, but when you're a filmmaker, you have to balance all sorts of things."

Flight 93 was en route to San Francisco from Newark, N.J., when it was hijacked and ultimately crashed about 65 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. The official 9/11 Commission report said the hijackers crashed the plane as passengers tried to take control of the cockpit.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

No doubt this recreation will answer no questions and merely incite more heated discussion on what people think happend on that fateful day. That some of the family members didnt want a bar of it speaks volumes for any recreation.

Notice how the producer phrased it?

"A few people didn't want to have anything to do with it just because they just don't want to have anything to do with anything (relating to that day)"

Rather odd isnt it? You'd think he'd of said they didnt want anything to do with something that would remind them of losing their loved ones or that it was just too painful to be reminded of. But that statement could indicate that some of the family members didnt want anything to do with the official story that this recreation will portray.

Either way I'll watch it for the fiction that it is.

[edit on 19/7/05 by subz]

[edit on 24-7-2005 by asala]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
IN reality flight 93 was downed by a F-16

www.prisonplanet.com...

www.prisonplanet.com...

www.prisonplanet.com...

It was impossible fot the passengers to bring the plane down as the planes were flown global hawk uav system.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Discovery Channel has become nothing more than a debunking agenda laden rubbish pile. What's really disgusting is how they go about it, they pick a rough looking redneck to follow to say a haunted house, poke fun at how much coffee the guy drinks, then they have Dr. SoandSO to present the skeptic's point of view, it is the most one sided crap I have ever seen. I personally think they are going after Conspiracy Theorists by generalizing and 'debunking' the usual suspects in an attempt at damage control from the growing community of us on the internet. Watch out guys, Discovery Channel is out to make Tom Fools of us. Seriously.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I personally lost a lot of respect for Discovery & TLC when they went from scientific based shows to focusing on quasi-realty tv and building shows. Mythbusters is about the only decent regular show on there anymore. American Chopper is alright, but it's not exactly "discovering" anything. I'm surprised something like this is actually even being considered on there and not on the History Channel--about the only respectable vestige of decent intellegent programming anymore.

That said, even all of the sites like the aforementioned prisonplanet haven't given me any real proof that there was something screwy going on with 93, just a lot of hearsay, circumstantial evidence, and speculation. I'm not necessarily saying there isn't any reason the conspiracy theories are wrong, but it isn't something I would base the reputation of a tv station on if I were in that position.

This is still mass media--unless they have a smoking gun that none of us have seen, something that will prove everything beyond a shadow of a doubt, they're not going to push the envelope. Especially something of this nature, where it could potentially implicate many very powerful people. An expose of anything shadowy involving 9/11 is not going to come out on Discovery; that'll be on CNN or one of the other major newstations if--and only if--there's no way anyone can prove it wrong.

As far as his quote regarding people not wanting to be involved, I don't see anything necessarily strange about that. Not everything has a hidden meaning; it could also be implied that the reason no one wants anything is because of how painful it is. I don't think that's something that needs to be blatantly laid out in every comment someone makes regarding 9/11.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I will give some insight on Flight 93 from the day it happened.

I am not staying this as a theorist, or a person who belives 9/11 actually happened. I am just recalling what I saw that day on TV.

Like most of you I woke up to see the WTC on fire. A while after the Pentagon.. I was watching local news, WPXI to be exact. Pittsburgh PA if you want to look it up.. better yet goto the local paper here. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, they did a indepth report on 9/11 soon after it happened.

Anyway, that day goes we are watching TV, a little while later they say a plane went down near Pgh, so as soon as reports came in of if or where and why the plane went down they had soon found out enough to goto Shanksville Pa to talk to people there.

While yuou guys were indulging in the WTC/Penagon incident, the people in Pgh were getting uncencored news untill the FBI told them to stfu.

Anyway acount of the news stories.

There was a coordinator of the 911 center in Westmornad County. They had him on for a short time, edxact words for this man.

"There was this guy who was on Fight 93 who stated that he was locked in the bathroom of this airplane. He kept repeating his name and kept saying that this is not a hoax. He went onto say that there was an exsplosion and that he can see white smoke, a few seconds after that the phone went dead. Now in case we are wondering who this fella was... Notice he wasnt stated in the news as one of these so called heros, Altho this is the 1st actual call.. I think real call that originated on 9/11... Anyway his name is Edward Felt.

Also there were also live reports of some people in the area that said there was a small learjet or something soon before and after the crash.. And sonce none of this news was censored. It get me wondering about the whole 9/11 gig, which is what led me to ATS in general, a search for answer to a problem that will never be solved.

There were also peices of the plane found many many miles away from this scene. I cant remember exactly how far they said, but they did state some debri from the plane were more than 5 miles away.. and people on the news asked if there were bombs onboard this plane, ofcourse no offical person stated anything good

So this is a local standpoint on Flight 93.. from locally watching the news before anything got cencored, They kinda did the same thing with the OKC bobing if you think about it..

[edit on 7/19/2005 by ThichHeaded]

top topics

join