It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of military hand signs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Does someone know, when exactly Mankind started do use Military hand signs? Was it in I WW or before that?

Any link and answer with link
is big help to me!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think way back to the Ancient civilisations. There are several wall paintings, illustrations and 'technical' drawings dotted about the ancient worlkd. In particular, there are Greek, Roman and Egyptian museums full of the stuff and books such as Sun Tzu's 'Art of Warfare' are liberally illustrated.

I think that there are loads of internet sites dedicated to military research and I suggest that you take look at them.

Either that, or request info direct from your military via the official publishing houses.

Sorry Panzerfaust - that's all I can suggest.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Im agree, that military hand signals are origin from Ancient civilisations. And i quess, that already old Greeks used signal flags and acoustic signals to lead their phalankses.

And those signals were the great-grandfather of hand signs...
But i wanna know, when modern armies started use hand signals.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
They have been around as long as man has picked up a rock and thought, ''who can I hurt with this?''

Modern hand signals were first used when urban warfare was big, to communicate silently and effectively.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Nice...ok....but guys I NEED FACTS
or at least links...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
These are facts, my internet is kinda slow now so I cant scrounge any links, but go here and look under the military section, all the info youll ever need.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
These are facts, my internet is kinda slow now so I cant scrounge any links, but go here and look under the military section, all the info youll ever need.

no help here...

new topics

top topics

join