It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what do we have to do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Ok, so 9/11 was a conspiracy, a cover from the top down... so what? What do we have to do to make sure we get answers? How do we take this to the next level and see some heads roll? I don't know about you but I'm sick to death of just being content in my belief that something doesn't add up. Why the hell should we let the lack of media coverage and official investigation be the wall that stands in our way of these "humans" paying for what they've done? Our government should NOT get a free pass, and yet they are. So far John Conyers is the only person within the Federal level of government that has had the balls to call Bush & Co. out on their misdeeds.

Forget all the wacky conspiracy theories for a moment and think about the poor excuse of an "official investigation" that was conducted for the events of September 11. Why did it end so suddenly? Why were so many questionable things not sifted through like they should've been? So many questions are still unanswered. The American People deserve it. The families of the victims certainly deserve it. Yet they are laughed at by everyone they turn to at the official level.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Recently it's been made more apparent then ever before that this administration is capable of and HAS covered up facts revolving around this war in Iraq. And if you're still in denial about that then do some searching around and read between the lines. Hell, don't even bother doing that, read right on the lines! They've had their true agenda dangling right in front of our eyes and told us to look the other way while they fight for "our freedom". What?? How does any of what's gone on the last few years promote OUR freedom? If anything it has oppressed us, and we're only doing it to ourselves by allowing them to get away with it.

Unite and demand answers. Write Congressman Conyers with any and all of your concerns involving this administration. Write your local representatives. Don't bother with your Senators because they are as much a part of this apathy for our well being as anybody in the circle of the President. Find out who else on Capitol Hill is demanding answers and support them. If you don't like what is being done by our government then you MUST speak up to all who will listen.

We have to start official petitions and submit them to those officials who will listen to us. Be careful not to pile all the conspiracy questioning into one heap. Start with one point at a time. For instance, demand investigations into the claims of rescue workers at the scene of the WTC that there were explosive charges going off just prior to the collapse, but don't petition for an investigation into the entire days events. Remember that conspiracy theories are easily labeled as "crackpot". But if we bombard them with numerous carefully constructed lines of questioning then we have a far better chance of someone slipping up.

I'm just tired of it all and I want it to stop. Remember that if all else fails, if our government refuses to listen to its people, then we have other options open to us. Just ask our great nation's forefathers.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I say enjoy the ride.

If Washington were still honest, these events would never have occured. I don't think writing anyone will do any good. The best you can hope for is putting this info out (as is done a lot here on these forums) and hope people have enough sense to step aside from partisan bias, conditioned thinking that conspiracy theories are all crazy, and that the government cares about you (the most total bs of all), and actually see history unfolding objectively. If enough people raised hell, the government would have a serious problem. Negative civil reaction is probably one of the biggest real problems the gov has today, preventing them from invading whom they want, when they want, and doing whatever else they want. The mass media is trying hard to keep everybody bickering and stupid, but with the internet, times have rather changed in our favor.

But, be that as it may, I really don't think there's anything we can reasonably do collectively to change what our country will do. It's only a matter of time. If we want war in Iran, North Korea, or even China, it's only a matter of when, and how many terrorist attacks we'll have to rig up to make sure there's enough support at home. I don't think I'm a pessimist but I don't think it'll be much better than that for us. I'd like to be wrong, but I can easily imagine another big "terrorist attack" resulting in another war, and maybe this time with a draft.

On a personal level, you could move to Europe or Mexico (Canada if you can't be drafted, as they'll pull you out of both Canada and college next time around), or move out in the country and become self-sustaining and cut off from urban life and the future risks that will be coming with it.

Pretty much, my advice is save yourself and let everyone else worry about their own problems. Raising the topic with friends/family/etc. can't hurt, either. I doubt, though, that peaceful protesting and writing your Congressmen will do any good anymore.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thank you for the response. I found it honest and well presented. Sadly I agree that raising a stink will do little good, at this level anyway. It will take an event or series of events that switches on the little bulbs over enough Americans' heads before any significant protest can be waged. I'm not quite ready to leave the country, despite my wife suggesting it from time to time. I feel I have to be here just in case the fight for truth begins. I won't give up on my country or my fellow countrymen/women just yet. Good luck to us all. We're going to need it.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I also feel that "raising a stick" will do little good. If the government does not care for our well being, why would they even think twice about what we have to say. And to start the next war, I really don't even think we will need a new terrorist attack. All the president had to do was throw around words like "Weapons of Mass Destruction" and "threat to world peace" and two months later our boys are on a boat to Iraq. If you do some research, it is confirmed (by our own gov. no less...) that Iraq has never in history had or showed signs of having weapons that could even cross the Atlantic Ocean. Meaning, even if the Gov. believed there were WMDs in Iraq, they surely didn't believe that they could be used on the US. Iran and Isreal maybe... but not us. It is strange, as after Kennedy was assassinated, many people called the following investigation an "outrage" , and even some inside congress didn't believe parts of it. It was described as sloppy and rushed... but yet they got away with it. I highly doubt they will have trouble getting away with it this time as well.

new topics

top topics

join