It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Homeland Security Surveillance Truck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
From the National Border Patrol Council [member of American Federation of Government Employees AFL-CIO] website, DHS Vehicle Guidelines - May 2004 [PDF, 1.46mb]:

www.nbpc.net...

Click picture for full size

Source Link this site loads slowly

[edit on 19/7/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Awesome, thats like something straight out of CTU, from 24. Does "Chloe O'brian" come with it?

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
All that technology, all that money yet a $2 bag of potatos up the exhaust could stop that car.

I wonder if they thought about putting a grill over the exhaust pipe?

If we've learnt anything from Beverly Hills Cop, a simple room service order sent to the car is enough of a distraction to plant the said potatos (thou i think he used fruit in the movie, users choice).

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
^^^^^^^^

theres enough surveillance equipment fitted into that truck to give James Bond a wet dream, and all you can think about is the physical limitations of the truck itself... I guess the glass is ALWAYS half empty to you guys...

If it was a joke my Humor must be turned off this evening... then again its 2:49 AM, it's hard to find anything funny right now.

I mean seriously... an F/A 22 Raptor can be taken out with scissors if you think about it... just need to clip the right set wires/cables, and it's not going anywhere... try to focus more on the abilities of the aircraft (or in this case the truck...) not the freakin muffler. Whens the last time you've seen a pickup truck with it's own wireless network, lol...

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by microcosm
^^^^^^^^

theres enough surveillance equipment fitted into that truck to give James Bond a wet dream, and all you can think about is the physical limitations of the truck itself... I guess the glass is ALWAYS half empty to you guys...

If it was a joke my Humor must be turned off this evening... then again its 2:49 AM, it's hard to find anything funny right now.

I mean seriously... an F/A 22 Raptor can be taken out with scissors if you think about it... just need to clip the right set wires/cables, and it's not going anywhere... try to focus more on the abilities of the aircraft (or in this case the truck...) not the freakin muffler. Whens the last time you've seen a pickup truck with it's own wireless network, lol...

You humor is switched off.
Seriously, i referenced a move by Eddie Murphy!

Edit: On second thoughts it would be a funny night of news to hear about HS mega machine foiled by a 'Little Rascals' style group of kids playing a prank on a seemingly normal car which could of been avoided and thus stopping the terrorists if only they put a grill over the muffler!

Irony can be funny.

FBI MANHUNT CAPTURES HOMELAND SECURITY SABOTEURS RING LEADER - 'CHEMICAL ALFALFALI' SENT TO GITMO FOR RENDITIONING

Otherwise, yeah it's a cool car, well done getting all that info in such a tight space with seemingly reasonable comfort to boot.

Nice post, don't really know what else to say but be suspicious of new cars with dark windows and curtins if your an illegal trying to cross the border.

[edit on 19-7-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Myth Busters on the discovery channel pretty much out and out disproved the "banana in the tail pipe" theory. short of rolling up the end of a tail pipe and crimping it, what ever you shoved in IS going to come out. In the case of several potatoes they got enough exhaust ridden mashed potatoes to serve a large thanksgiving dinner.

Very cool images!

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Being that it was a joke, I apologize for my lack of humor last night... it was early morning, It was humid, and I was out of cookies... In other words... I was being a grouch; I apologize.

-Microcosm.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
ugh- late night here too! 12 hour shifts, all quite on the western front. We were complaing of the same thing just a second ago on my crew!!!

1 hour 25 minutes until my eyes can close and i can get some very much needed sleep.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Great, Speaking somewhat sarcastically

I think the UK has just introduced something like that.

Westminster

Ummmmmm.............I know its simple but if you saw one of these things, (they're not exactly small) Whats to stop you from just moving away from it. That is unless its following you........well then go somewhere it can't.

Can anyone say "police state".

Have anyone seen the new acoustic sound weapons.

Sound weapons archive
Its some crazy stuff.

Acoustic sounds - PDF

Here it may be appropriate to take a short look at Broner’s rough estimate for a deadly infrasound weapon mentioned in subsection 1.2.95 He used a too low value of 6 to 10 kPa for lung rupture (see 2.5 below) and assumed non-directional propagation. Achieving this sound pressure on a sphere of 250 m radius means a total power—according to eqs. (A-6) and (A-7)—of 2@1011 W, about 1000 times the sound power of a Saturn V rocket at launch. Even if this value could in principle be reduced by orders of magnitude by using a directed source, for infrasound wavelengths (e.g., =34 m at =10 Hz) its diameter would have to be unrealistically large, e.g., many hundreds of meters according to (A-13). Non-linear effects would have to be included, but the basic qualitative result remains valid (and holds similarly also for lower infrasound pressures for lesser effects) (see 5.1.1 below).

2.2.3.4 Other Effects

Several other effects were observed during exposure to intense low-frequency (30 to 100 Hz) sound at levels around 150 dB. Among these were increased pulse rates, cutaneous flushing, salivation, and pain on swallowing. Two subjects suffered from transient headache, and one of these also from testicular aching. The visual field vibrated and acuity was reduced. Speech sounds were modulated, but there was no significant decrease in intelligibility. Subjects showed marked fatigue after exposure. Brief infrasound had no effect on visual acuity, on the other hand. Also, motor tasks and speech production were not influenced.

2.2.4 Vibration Considerations

It is sometimes maintained that infrasound sets organs in motion similarly to external vibration applied to the body. Whereas there are similarities, there are also important differences.

2.2.4.1 Effects of Whole-Body Vibration

For vertical vibratory excitation of a standing or sitting human body, below 2 Hz the body moves as a whole. Above, amplification by resonances occurs with frequencies depending on body parts, individuals, and posture. A main resonance is at about 5 Hz where the greatest dis­comfort is caused; sometimes the head moves strongest at about 4 Hz. The voice may warble at 10 to 20 Hz, and eye resonances within the head may be responsible for blurred vision between.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't know how sucessful it's likely to be as an "undercover surveillance vehicle" now that they've plastered pictures of it all over the internet.

"Hey kids, look at my undercover vehicle!"

Reminds me of the Simpsons, where the FBI undercover surveillance truck says Flowers By Irene in huge letters on the side.

Yeah, real subtle

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
"Ain't no man gonna shove a banana up My tailpipe!"

Eddie Murphy, *aka Axel Foley*, Beverly Hills Cop.

top topics

join