It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Racist Virtual Shooter Game Debuts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A Neo-Nazi, anti-everyone but white group has developed and is now marketing a video-game First Person Shooter that promotes race war and decrimination. Launched on Martin Luther King's Birthday the game allows the player to virtually kill members of other races while reinforcing the racist mindset of the developers to the player audience.

www.adl.org
Patterned after popular mainstream video games such as Quake and Doom, the game turns racially motivated violence in "entertainment." Racists and anti-Semites are clearly trying to spread their hate-filled vision to a wider, computer-savvy, younger audience through the violent body-strewn world of shoot-em-up computer games while hoping to make some money along the way.

The premise of Ethnic Cleansing is that a city — clearly New York — has been destroyed by gangs of "sub-humans" controlled by Jews who are lead by the "end boss" lurking in the subterranean "Lair of the Beast." Plans for world domination are seen in the subway, along with a map of "problem" areas in the U.S. and a sign reading "Diversity, It's Good for Jews."

The player (who can choose to dress in KKK robes or as a Skinhead) roams the streets and subways murdering "predatory sub-humans" and their Jewish "masters" thereby "saving" the white world. During the game monkey and ape sounds are heard when Blacks are killed, poncho-wearing Latinos say "I'll take a siesta now!" or "Ay carumba!" while "Oy vey!" rings out when Jewish characters are killed. The game has a high level of background detail and various National Alliance signs and posters appear throughout while racist rock blares on the soundtrack.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a disturbing trend in video game production as computer gaming is extremely popular throughout the world. The idea that games can be used to instill and reinforce particular messages has long been accepted just as it is accepted with other media tools. The possibility that something like this can be distributed to persons without proper education or awareness bodes ill for many segments of our society at large.

Related News Links:
www.google.com
www.islamweb.net
jmm.aaa.net.au

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This game however is protected. These people wish to spread their views and if these views are disgusting to the general public the game will not sell. If diversity and protection of civil rights are ultimately good then they will prevail. This is a null issue.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I don't want to sound wierd or anything, but I wouldn't mind playing the game.
I'm not racist or anything or I just wonder what it would be like.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

This is a disturbing trend in video game production as computer gaming is extremely popular throughout the world. The idea that games can be used to instill and reinforce particular messages has long been accepted just as it is accepted with other media tools. The possibility that something like this can be distributed to persons without proper education or awareness bodes ill for many segments of our society at large.

Are you saying that it's okay for video games to instil and reinforce certain messages (like they do in, say, Grand Theft Auto) but there should be some sort of education or awareness test before these games can be issued?

I don't understand.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It is a bit harsh, but I would like to see if the game is so bad. It probably isnt, all the hype of 'racism' around the Hitman series was a load of crud. It probably wont sell anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This article is clearly not NEWS, it is an op-ed piece by the ADL.

Having said that, I think the concept of the game is disgusting.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Sorry, I don't see why this particular game is a special case for moral outrage. Don't get me wrong, basically anything racist has a place on Vagabond's 100 most useless things list. (i'll post that list for you sometime in fact). I'm just saying that either videogames do or do not have to live up to acceptable moral standards. If they do, than this game gets lumped in with a hundred others which are completely unacceptable. If not, this game is perfectly OK.
How does this standard work? The wanton slaughter of innocents is OK as long as you don't decide to do it based on their skin tone?

I'm not trying to justify this game, I'm just saying that we all can reasonably be assured that the number of people offended by this game is greater than the number of people offended by GTA, and that fact contains a lesson about the intellectual bankruptcy of our standards in this politically correct world. Anyone who isn't completely and totally disgusted to their core by the premise of first person shooters in general, but is by this one, has some 'splaining to do.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
At first glance the premise of this game angered me but on a second inspection its not much different to ALOT of other games out there. Operation Desert Storm for example? Vietcong? All these games allow the player to kill people (soldiers and civilians alike) along race lines. In one we call it war, in this we call it murder. The precedent for murder in videogames is alot older than this title.

It sick but then again I owned and enjoyed Manhunt. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
You know its funny, the more sites that whine about the game, the more it will be publicised and the more people will play it. Its free publicity!

Its human nature to want to see why things are banned or why a fuss is made about things. As soon as the BBC bans a song, it goes straight to #1 in the charts.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
By the way, I went to the National Alliance's website (now there is an "interesting" place!) and they had come out with the game three years ago.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This falls under the category of "I don't agree with you, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

It's a real jerk thing to do, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with being racist. Everyone is a little bit. What's wrong is when you do something about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is probably just payback for Wolfenstein.

I bet the Nazis were really hurt and offended by that game.

Whatever, this doesn't faze me. Only racists will play the game, so it wont' be out there changing any opinions.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
but, we've been having games designed exclusively to hunt Nazi's, so turnabout's fair play, right?

(awaits the attacks from the irony-challenged)

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
*pretending to be irony challenged*

No no no Phugetaboutit. It's perfectly alright to have a game about killing people I don't agree with. It's only wrong when people I don't agree with make a game about killing people I have no problem with.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So what is this game actually called ??
Also whats wrong with this game, civil liberties protect our rights to own and play such games, I dont see this as much of an issue.
If you want to play this then you shoudl be able to!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Seeing as this might lead to a trend of being the people you hate and killing your kind or something gave me a thought of to what might come out next.

Terrorist Extreme!
Pick from X number of terrorist orginzations...
Terrorize by car bombs, hostage taking, and more...
Defend your beliefs by killing others...
Take over the world through terror!

I bet it would sell millions too...

I don't see anything wrong with this game because if you don't like it, don't buy it! If you don't want it in your town, petition the company that is selling/renting it! If you don't want your children to have it, don't buy it for them or let them buy it! There have been plenty of games were Nazis are killed and stuff, like someone said, and this is them getting back it seems.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is all great, but what's the name of the game?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Quote from the national Alliance:

Our first video game, called Ethnic Cleansing, is about urban warfare between Whites and non-Whites. The number-one bad guy in the game is the Jewish prime minister and war criminal, Ariel Sharon. The player wins if he can find Sharon's secret hideout in the depths of the New York subway system and kill him without being killed by a non-White. The purpose of the game is to get White kids to think in racial terms, to think in terms of their White identity and develop a feeling of solidarity with other Whites; it is to help them overcome the sense of racial guilt and racial inferiority deliberately instilled in them by the propaganda of the Jewish media and
to teach them that they can fight back.

Well, of course, all of that makes the game anathema to the Jewish
media, and they have been screaming about it ever since we began
distributing it in January. "It's violent!" they've been screaming.
"It'll incite White kids to commit hate crimes!" You may have seen some
of this commotion in the media yourself. The most powerful Jewish
pressure group in America, the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith,
issued a special press release last month denouncing our game and
calling it a danger to children. Really!

If you play video games yourself and are familiar with some of the more
popular games, then you immediately will recognize the hypocrisy in this
Jewish response to our game. Nearly all video games are combat games.
They're all violent. That is the nature of video games. One of the most
popular video games now on the market is called Grand Theft Auto. It has
sold more than 2 million copies since it came out four months ago. It's
a cop-killer game. It's ultra-violent. It gives the player a chance to
be an auto thief and to machine-gun policemen wholesale. It also gives
the player a chance to have sex with prostitutes and then to kick them
bloody afterward.

The Anti-Defamation League never has expressed any concern about Grand
Theft Auto. The Jews aren't worried about what it teaches the kids who
play it. Stealing cars, killing cops, and beating up prostitutes is
good, clean fun as far as the Anti-Defamation League and the Jewish
media are concerned: no outrage, no denunciations, despite the fact that
Grand Theft Auto has sold more than a hundred times as many copies as
our Ethnic Cleansing. Grand Theft Auto is available in video game stores
all over the country. You have to order our game, Ethnic Cleansing, from
Resistance Records, because the game stores are afraid of it. They are
afraid of the Jewish media.

The Jews, in fact, have the video game business, like the other media,
pretty much under their control. The trade association for video game
makers is the Interactive Digital Software Association. The president of
that trade association is a Mr. Lowenstein.

Amazing, isn't it? Lowenstein.

In response to the Anti-Defamation League's complaints about Ethnic
Cleansing, Lowenstein issued a written statement. He wrote, and I quote,
"The Interactive Digital Software Association finds these games [and he
means Ethnic Cleansing] abhorrent and condemns these kinds of sick
efforts to abuse the wonderful technology of video games to peddle
racist and anti-Semitic garbage." -- end of statement -- To Mr.
Lowenstein Grand Theft Auto is an example of "the wonderful technology
of video games," and Ethnic Cleansing is "garbage."

My point here is that when Jewish organizations and the media say that
they are concerned about exposing our kids to violence, they aren't.
They're lying. When they say that they're concerned about teaching the
wrong values to kids, they aren't. They're lying.

Well, let me refine that statement. The Jews are concerned about some
types of violence: not about stealing cars, machine-gunning White
policemen, and stomping women bloody; that sort of violence is all
right. The sort of violence that sends them into a screaming frenzy is
White people sticking up for themselves, White people fighting back:
that's bad violence, so far as the Anti-Defamation League and the mass
media and Mr. Lowenstein are concerned.

And as for values, Grand Theft Auto teaches kids the same sort of values
that Murray Rothstein's MTV does. It teaches them anti-social values. It
teaches them alienation. From the Jewish viewpoint that's good. Ethnic
Cleansing teaches kids White solidarity, White community, White
self-respect, White self-defense. That's not good. Oh, my goodness, no!
The media do not approve of teaching kids those values.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Are you saying that it's okay for video games to instil and reinforce certain messages (like they do in, say, Grand Theft Auto) but there should be some sort of education or awareness test before these games can be issued?

I don't understand.

Let me ask you, have you ever played GTA..

There is a strong anti drug message in that game. well... SA really the other 2 were pretty bad...
But San Andreas has a strong ANTI Drug message in there, It also teaches a good valid point that not all cops are on the same side. Oh and it teachs to learn to spend your money wisely..

The other things in there are just there for entertainment. so I dont put much into it..

::EDIT::

And as for values, Grand Theft Auto teaches kids the same sort of values
that Murray Rothstein's MTV does. It teaches them anti-social values. It
teaches them alienation. From the Jewish viewpoint that's good. Ethnic
Cleansing teaches kids White solidarity, White community, White
self-respect, White self-defense. That's not good. Oh, my goodness, no!
The media do not approve of teaching kids those values.

See this is what I mean.. a bunch of morons think a game isnt what its suppost to be..

The other 2 games had white caracters as main caracters, SA has a black main actor and works with a bunch of other types of people..

I dont see a race issue in this game other than it being based in the ghetto, then again most of the people who bought this game probably live in the ghetto.

I think this game is just entertainment, It does have strong points in it, such as the anti drug message and the cop thing, but other than that its entertainment..

If you read to much into a game made to have fun, I think you need to get out more.. sorry.. thats just how it is.

[edit on 7/20/2005 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 7/20/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'd try it if it were free, but it's $14.95. Prolly not worth the money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join