It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if a Mythical Creature was real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Such as a Vampire for instance.

Or they found a griffen or a dragon, dead, frozen in ice.

What would your reaction be?
What would you be thinking?
Would you try to find out other myths and try to find them in reality?

Because if one myth is really real, then could not all those myths be real?

BTW..anyone seen Dog Soldiers?

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by DaRAGE]

[Edited on 21-8-2003 by DaRAGE]

ID

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Please look to see if the topic already exists before you post. This one does, here I will give you a link to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I think the question he's asking is different enough from the other post that I'll answer it.

Our world has built up so many mythical and legendary creatures over it's history. All of which are believed by the masses to be simply that... myth or legend. We all group these creatures together in our heads as one big "They probably don't exist" category. If even ONE of them were to be found true, the belief structure of them planet would likely collapse. It'd be like the loosing pull of Jenga. Personally I think it's possible that SOME mythical creatures exist(ed). But some are just too far fetched or complicated to ever be concieved in nature.

ID

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If even ONE of them were to be found true, the belief structure of them planet would likely collapse.

I am going to disagree with you on the grounds that it depends which one is found true. If it was Bigfoot or El Chupacabra then there would be world wide changes but it would not really rock our mental image of what's real and what is not. Now if it were Dragons or Liken then I would agree with you the human race as a whole would be floored.

oui

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, I wouldn't really be all that moved...

My reaction would be along the lines of... "Wow, thats cool, ok let me get back to what I was doing." I wouldn't be estatic, and I wouldn't be devastated... I'd be me...

I mean if a dragon was found I cannot see how that would floor our world. Its not like our economic, social, and political systems are based on the non-existance of dragons, or werewolves, or mongolian death worms...

The world would continue to go on in its natural course, and the museums would have one more piece of history to display...

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I agree wih oui.

I think it will be great "when" they find Nessie, Leviathan, Behemoth, Quetzlcoatl, or Bigfoot. I'll be pretty amused, but I'm not gonna go worship it or anything.

The appearence of an aquatic dinosaur, winged dinosaur, or giant monkey, noones going to go crazy except for whoever finds them and gets insanely rich.

They found a pterosaur in 1800's France, why wouldn't they find one today?

Just recently, the scientific commuity announced they had successfully mapped 1%, just 1% of the ocean floor. There is still a helluva lot of ocean out there.

- Tassadar

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   

They found a pterosaur in 1800's France, why wouldn't they find one today?

Evidence? Or is this another "oh... yeah... about those pictures... we didn't bring a camera on our expedition" BS stories?

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Well.....in 1800's France...cameras may not have been all that available. I never completely rule out the possibility that some of these creatures exist. I mean, we thought the Giant Squid was a myth (certain aspects may be...or not), however we now know they do in fact exist. I think recently the determined that Nessi wasnt real. However I dont see why Bigfoot, Yeti, or anything else couldnt be. My life wouldnt stop but I would think it was very interesting.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If they found sometyhing like a dragon frozen in ice or something I'd be like wow and maybe spend half a day or something researching it on the internet. Then I would wonder. If they found one were are the others and are they still out there.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If a mythical creature did exist, then it wouldn't be a mythical creature!

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
personally i put things like the chupracabra,draggons, big foot ,nessy ect into possability but a man turning into a wolf is taking nature a bit far

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmartinez
personally i put things like the chupracabra,draggons, big foot ,nessy ect into possability but a man turning into a wolf is taking nature a bit far

Nice but dragons exist more then bigfoot? That would be a little hard for me to believe.

Id say im certain Chupacabra and Bigfoot are real. Its like the hobbits of indonesia that are in the jungles that man have never explored etc... Just impossible to find but im sure the exist.

Dragons come in a category where im not sure. Same goes for Nessie.

Werewolves? Well I do believe a man that doesnt groom himself and has some weird phenomena happend to him can possible be mistaken as a werewolf type thing.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well if I actually saw a mythical creature( no longer being mythical of course
) I would take out a camera and take a picture of it as fast as I could.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB

Nice but dragons exist more then bigfoot? That would be a little hard for me to believe.

How can something exist more than something else? That doesnt even make sense?!!

Unless you mean population, becase then that does make sense although you dont really hear much about dragons really do you.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
id be thinking HOLY COW this is sweet

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The sierra club would immediately sue to have it listed as an endangered species.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
And thats bad? How is something rare being made an endangered species bad? Strange.

Also, more likely the Thylacine is real over dragons, but since Tasmania firebombs any area where a Thylacine is "seen".

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well, Here's my prediction:
(percent stands for world population)
1% Of mytho freaks and everquest nerds would worship it and start a fanclub
20% would become an expert on it.
60% Would be interested and say "How about that"
5% Would say the appocalypse is a step closer?
14% Probally wouldn't even care.

Personally I'd be part of the 14%, That's great.. it exists..woopy I'll watch the news report, but I'd just continue caring that I existed, and live happily ever after.

Things I don't consider mythical:
Vampires. Psychics. Giant squid? Jaws (Dun dun) ..Probally other things I can't think of. Oh..Neanderthals and Mammoths..

Things I do:
Dragons, elfs, hobbits, dwarves, gnomes, el chupacabra (Rocks..), Bigfoot, Giants, and a few other things that I can't quite conjour in my mind.

Silly things:
Wherewolf? I'm sorry, but being harry and eating raw meat - Possible Turning into a wolf and chewing on bones - Impossible
Vampires that turn into bats...
People who live in clouds. etc. etc.

[edit on 6/2/2005 by Anicrow]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Strange responses so far... I would find it highly enjoyable to shove it in the faces of everyone (pretty much all of my friends) who say I'm crazy for believing anything. However, it probably wouldn't change my mind about anything.

top topics

join