It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Van Gogh's Killer Says He'd Do It Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The killer who murdered the dutch filmmaker Theo Van Gogh has made a shocking statement to the court. He said : "I can assure you that one day, should I be set free, I would do the same, exactly the same". Then he turned to the victim's mother and said: "I don't feel your pain. I have to admit that I don't have any sympathy for you. I can't feel for you because you're a non-believer."

Photo: Reuters

Van Gogh's Killer Says He'd Do It Again

On November 2, 2004, van Gogh was riding his bicycle to work when he was shot six times by Mohammed Bouyeri, a joint Moroccan and Dutch national. Prosecutors told the court that after shooting van Gogh multiple times, Bouyeri "then slit his throat with a kitchen knife, severing Mr van Gogh's neck down to the backbone before impaling to his chest with the knife a five-page note threatening other public figures."

Although he initially refused to participate in the legal proceedings because he said he wouldn't recognize the authority of a non-Islamic court, Bouyeri admitted to the killing last week, when he made a shocking statement to the court:

"I take complete responsibility for my actions. I acted purely in the name of my religion," he told its three-strong panel of judges. "I can assure you that one day, should I be set free, I would do the same, exactly the same." . . . Spectators in the maximum security courthouse in western Amsterdam gasped as Bouyeri then turned to the victim's mother, Anneke, in the public gallery, and told her he felt nothing for her. Mrs van Gogh watched as he read out from what appeared to be a statement: "I don't feel your pain. I have to admit that I don't have any sympathy for you. I can't feel for you because you're a non-believer."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is making me mad. So cold. And so arrogant to say that he would do it again.

Related ATS Threads:
ATS: Dutch Filmmaker Theo Van Gogh Murdered

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
awww we are touched "i cant feel you because you're a non-believer". in anicase we non-believers dont feel you either, hope the Dutch keep him jail for a long time. too bad he didnt get capture by us, im sure he like to bragg about goin to Gitmo, the most popular tourist attraction for detainees.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What does the murder of this man have to do with the War on Terrorism? While the killing of an individual may be terror-inducing, its not a terrorist act. Unless now all suspected and convicted murderers are going to be considered terrorists. This was not a bombing or even a mass murder situation.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Since the 'War On Terrorism' forum on a Conspiracy Site is now dedicated to only posting 'news' that have nothing to do with Terrorism Conspiracies, i'll counter your attempt at showing us all how evil muslims are, with some good recent news from America.

Guilty Plea: Mom Killed Her 3 Kids
BROWNSVILLE, Texas, June 30, 2005

"A woman pleaded guilty to murder Thursday in the decapitation slayings of her three young children, after reaching an agreement with prosecutors that spares her from the death penalty. "

Angela Camacho, 25, will receive three concurrent life prison sentences and will be eligible for parole in 40 years.

www.cbsnews.com...

Hmmm, so you can cut the heads of three of your children in America and get out of jail in 40 years but if your a muslim and you kill someone, then woah, your a crazy savage that is proof that the other 1 billion of your kind are nothing but trouble and it should be discussed that Mecca should be nuked incase these Muslims get too out of hand.

And NO, i don't condone mulism crimes or make excuses for them. I'm NOT supporting Terrorists or criminals but i am pointing out the fact that in some peoples eyes, a crime is considered much worse and an act of savages if it's done by someone who claims to be Islamic.

I'm sure there's PLENTY of articles in regards to Christians killing innocent people for not following Christs rules - you only need to look at Abortion Clinic murders and crimes to see that.

So to sum up, this is a POINTLESS THREAD for this forum and it's inclusion in this forum only suggests that it's purely anti-islam and has been associated with Terrorism for that reason.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I dont really see this thread as being anti-islam so much as it is against the murdering maniac being described in the article. Maybe I missed it but I never got the impression that Islam was being targeted in this thread only the coldhearted sub human on trial.

Its because of people like this that I sometimes support the death penalty. This man is a threat to humanity at large and a sociopath to boot and should be removed from society permanently in as quick and efficient a way as possible. This isnt about malice or revenge this is about removing a threat to human civilization which this man undenyably is.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It was certainly a terrorist act since the murderer attached a letter to Van Gogh threatening many others, including people in the Dutch government.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It was certainly a terrorist act since the murderer attached a letter to Van Gogh threatening many others, including people in the Dutch government.

Terrorism is not confined to Islamic religious acts.
If a finatical Christian killed an abotionist because they believe in the 'right to life' and threatened more abortionists and even government personal because they don't share the same beliefs as this murderer, would you expect it to be posted on the Terrorism Conspiracy Forum??
Would you expect a post about a Christian killing for their beliefs to be a Terrorist Conspiracy topic and to actually stay in this Forum without moderation?

No way, it would get moved to 'Other Politcal Events' in the least.
Because the person involved committed a crime in the name of his religion and his religion in this case is Islam and not Christianity, it's been posted on the 'War On Terror' thread, therefor making it anti-Islam by associating random crime by Islamic people as 'Terrorism'.

That's wrong. This is the wrong forum for this topic because otherwise it's asserting that ALL crime via Muslim people is Terrorism where the same blanket statement would not be placed on other religions, especially western religions.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
TheShroudOfMemphis,
I could have been more biased in my opening to spice things up a bit if I wanted to. I could have written "The muslim killer" i.e., but I didn`t. As djohnsto77 pointed out this was indeed an act of terror. A political and religious murder and written threats made towards government people. They had never met but it was not random, it was a planned assassination. I don`t like fanatics of any kind, including those fanatical christians who kill people based on what job they do. I`m not after the muslims, I`m after the fanatics who kill. In this case, yes a muslim fanatic. Who now openly admits that he would kill him again in cold blood without hesitation. This should actually have been in ATSNN. If this wasn`t such a newsworthy case, I probably wouldn`t even have heard about it. Do you think they should not make such a big deal about it because he was a muslim?

This thread does not in any way signal to people that they should go out there and beat everyone up who may look a bit muslim. To everyone out there with such crazy ideas: Don`t even think about it! We want to live in a peaceful society where people don`t assassinate/slaughter other people on the street because of religion or politics. Fanatics behave! Or become todays topic on ATS (i.e. "War On Terror"... ) . I naturally posted this thread in "War On Terror" because it belongs there. And because the ATS-thread it`s connected with was in that forum already. ATS - War On Terrorism: Dutch Filmmaker Theo Van Gogh Murdered

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
"Let there be no compulsion in religion"

(quote from the Quran)

Just saying this guy was wrong. And although i have no doubt that the author of this post ONLY posted it to further incite anti-islamic feeling, i do have to point out that the murderer himself made it a religious thing when he claimed to do it in the name of islam.
There is NO such law as killing someone who doesnt believe in Islam, or killing someone who says bad things about God or muslims. There isnt. Only the wahhabis, the hadith readers, the bukhari followers will tell you as such.
On the other hand, as stated....there was no real reason for this post in THIS thread, other than the guy was a muslim. And as someone pointed out....bad things happen in other places too.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Moroccans are now harrassing and beating up the late Van Gogh's 14 year-old son:

Since the murder of Theo van Gogh, last November, his now 14-year-old son Lieuwe has twice been physically attacked by young Morrocans, or (more likely) Dutch citizens of Moroccan descent [link, in Dutch]. Van Gogh's parents said this in an interview on national television.

They insisted their grandson had done nothing to provoke the assaults. In one incident, recalled Theo's mother, "[Lieuwe] was walking the dog in the Watergraafsmeer area of Amsterdam, and they came up to him and said, 'Is your name van Gogh?' Lieuwe said no, of course, but they beat him anyway."

She also recounted how, some time after Theo van Gogh's assassination, a group of Moroccans appeared in the street where he had lived, inquiring about Lieuwe's whereabouts. It was the neighbors' understanding that the visitors weren't there to offer condolences, and the police were called — but according to the filmmaker's mother, no one bothered to show up. That would have been in keeping with local officers' alleged non-action after the two beatings Lieuwe received. The cops were called then, too, Anneke van Gogh told the TV interviewer, but they declined to make an appearance.

Full Article: Nobody's Business

This is the evil we're facing folks...disgusting

new topics

join