It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you want to know about how much Testosterone affects you look at your fingers.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Being subjected to Testosterone in the womb makes you what you are today. An easy way to check this out is to compare the length of the index finger to the ring finger, the longer your ring finger compared to the index finger the more Testosterone you had.Link www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yes i suppose it does, the level of your Testosterone makes you take chances, it makes Males what they are. Women who have high levels of it are thinking like men not women. Its not all good news , men are pathetic at language skills because men only use the right side of the brain , whereas women use both sides at the same time.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52 the longer your ring finger compared to the index finger the more Testosterone you had.Link www.bbc.co.uk...

That's weird.
They say that men with long index fingers have longer penises so I would have thought that higher testosterone levels would result in longer index fingers rather than ring fingers.

Just for the record, my ring fingers are longer than my index fingers but I'm not someone who has a lot of testosterone. I'm not exceptionally hairy, in fact my chest is practically bald. I can't even grow a proper beard and I'm in my thirties.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
AceOfBase has a point, both my ring fingers are shorter than my index fingers, however, when people first meet me, they say: "How old are you? 17? 18?", and I'm like: "No, I'm only 15." Ane then they tell me that I look very developed for a 15 yr. old. I can almost grow a frickin beard and I still have 6 more years left to go.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Actually men with high testosterone level lose their hair earlier and faster that men that don't.

So watch out for the littler patch on top of your head.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I always wondered why I responded so well to gym work. I can gain alot of weight, get fat and within 12-16 weeks of good diet and exercise I make better gains in muscle mass and lowered bodyfat than most folks I see at the gym that have spent months and even years trying to achieve the same thing.

wait a minute,,,that kinda sounded arrogant. Didnt mean to.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually men with high testosterone level lose their hair earlier and faster that men that don't.

So watch out for the littler patch on top of your head.

Ya kidding me...I have to whack my hair off every 5 weeks i have enough for 2 heads

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Interestind find Bulldog 52

Speaking of fingers and testosterone, I found this funny diagram a couple of weeks ago. It had me laughing for a few minutes.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I guess Arsenio Hall must have been gay then.

BTW, magnito_student if you have enough hair for two men then I think you've got some of mine.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If it is an indicator of womb exposure to testosterone [as opposed to later levels] then the above joke might make sense.

Being Gay I think it would be interesting to do a study seeing if distinctly gay generally had equal index & ring fingers and distinctly hetero guys generally had longer ring fingers. [maybe setting aside bisexual guys]

That would equate pretty well with fetal brain development which is very likely when sexual orientation is established.

Ace of Base, You may have had a lot of testosterone in the womb and don't have an exceptionally high amount now.

Some gay guys are very butch. They probably didn't get a lot of womb testosterone but had higher levels later in life.

My ring finger is almost the same length as my index finger.

[didn't have that much testosterone then, don't have that much now]

any other gay or straight guys want to add data to an informal polling?

It wouldn't necessarily sexual orientation was genetic, but was determined by the time one was born.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Let's see those hands....Here's mine...Hehehee

Interesting but I don't really buy it, just like the "size of your feet thing"...
I'm living proof that's not true....

And no I'm not gonna scan them, sorry to disapoint...

(my feet you perve)

[edit on 29/7/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I dont' think testosterone is related to hair because I can gain muscles mass very very quickly and I have a super high metabolsim (needle point at 165, doesnt really move not matter what i eat) but yet i can't grow a beard for the life of me. It's a scraggly cute thing that looks like someting the dog brought in. So I dont think testorsterone is realted to how much hair you have.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yeah I think this finger thing is bunk...my index and ring fingers are about the same, if anything the index is longer. But I've got a full beard and a hairy chest.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Let's see those hands....Here's mine...Hehehee

Ok then, here's mine.

I'm straight, for the record.
I also need to stop biting my fingernails.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yeah I think this finger thing is bunk

I have to agree with djohnsto77. I'm not sure if there is anything to this finger hypothesis. Let me show you why.

Here's a pic of my hand.

Now if you compare it with the diagram that I provided earlier, I should be a macho man, but the fact is I'm gay so my ring finger and index finger should be the same length (which they aren't).

Did anyone else catch the joke behind the "macho man/gay man" hand pic I provided?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ooops, I double posted by accident. Sorry.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Seeking Nirvana]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeking Nirvana
Now if you compare it with the diagram that I provided earlier, I should be a macho man, but the fact is I'm gay so my ring finger and index finger should be the same length (which they aren't).

Did anyone else catch the joke behind the "macho man/gay man" hand pic I provided?

Your fingers seem closer in size than either myself or ANOK.

And I missed the joke with the picture.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Your fingers seem closer in size than either myself or ANOK.

And I missed the joke with the picture.

I guess my fingers do seem to be closer in size.

When looking at your fingernails, most women look at them with their fingers extended whereas most men curl their fingers in towards the palm. By following the directions in the pic, you are looking at your fingertips with your fingers extended. Do you get the drift?

Here's something my friend would do to determine whether a guy was gay or straight. He start with some lame line about how the color of your nails can be an indicator of your health. Colorless nails that appear paler than the surrounding skin suggests anemia, red or pink suggests poor circulation, and blue suggests that your blood is not recieving enough oxygen. So he'd ask the guy what color his nails were. Now, here's the trick. If he looks at his nails with his fingers out, he's bi/gay. If he looks at them with his fingers curled in, he's straight. Obviously, it's not 100% accurate.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Seeking Nirvana]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeking Nirvana.. he'd ask the guy what color his nails were. Now, here's the trick. If he looks at his nails with his fingers out, he's bi/gay. If he looks at them with his fingers curled in, he's straight. Obviously, it's not 100% accurate.

OK, I do remember having a joke like that played on me as a kid of around 11 years old or so.

Another one they used, would be to ask people to check their shoes to see if they stepped in something. If they lifted their leg up to the front of them to look, it meant they were straight. If they lifted their feet to the back and looked over their shoulder, it meant they were gay.

People were obsessed with gay/straight stuff even at that young an age.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Another one they used, would be to ask people to check their shoes to see if they stepped in something. If they lifted their leg up to the front of them to look, it meant they were straight. If they lifted their feet to the back and looked over their shoulder, it meant they were gay.

People were obsessed with gay/straight stuff even at that young an age.

The shoe thing is a classic. It's interesting how obsessed people are with the gay/straight thing even at young ages.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join