It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlestar Season 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Holy crap, they've done it again. I saw 'Scattered' on Friday, and it was amazing. Background on Tigh and Adama, firefights, panic, tension, and the phrase 'bitch stole my ride.'

Best. Show. EVAR.

What did y'all think?

DE

D

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well..can't wait for it to show up here in Australia. Should be another 3 months or so I think. I better get out of this thread before any spoilers are mentioned.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I liked the first series, I'll be interested to see how they develop it now.

I presume they're no longer as tied to the idea of reworking the original now?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

as posted by sminkeypinkey
I presume they're no longer as tied to the idea of reworking the original now?

Yes, sminkey, they are but, read on.....
This version concentrates on the original Battlestar Galactica idea, but is a more indepth, personal version where the original story line has been broken up and intense personal view type stories/episodes are run.

This intense, indepth, personal version is definately better than the fast-paced original version, IMHO.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
In fact, this season is more of a character study, since it focuses on the individual characters' interactions with one another. And these people seem very real. It's great. I endorse it.

DE

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
When I said "this series" I meant series 2 of the new version.

I'm only saying this because your comments regarding deeper characters was what I would have said was the difference between the 70's/80's original show (oh, and a ton of money on the effects/production values
) and series one of the new version.

I was wondering if series 2 of the new version branches right away from following story lines that had their obvious roots in the original shows or not.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't know. They seem to be taking off from the original, thank God. I like this grittier version, what with the realistic characters, the flaws, the darkness...

DE

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

as posted by DeuxEx
I like this grittier version, what with the realistic characters, the flaws, the darkness...

Me too.
Kind of reminds you of the latest Batman movie...

seekerof

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm so confused.....

DE are you watching this on Sci-Fi or Space? I though this wasn't starting until fall. Did I miss it?

Speaking of Space, original Battlestar is on it's way to Canada this fall.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
this show is awsome!

caught both of the first two episodes for the new season and wow!
love it

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
DE are you watching this on Sci-Fi or Space? I though this wasn't starting until fall. Did I miss it?

Scifi. I download it like a heretic, because I have cable intraweb. It's incredible, yo. Season two is insane! Cylon boarding parties and angst and six, oh my!

DE

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think The Movie Network is picking up Season 2 shortly(I know they have the new seasons for Stargate playing right now, they started only 2-3 days after the US date). Space isn't getting it till fall, and I like DE have been watching it on SciFi
So if you don't have TMN then you're screwed. For now at least

[edit on 27-7-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Nope, no TMN.

I don't want to wait until fall, so I'll just have to follow the bad example DE set and download it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Damnation, I'm a community leader all of a sudden. But yeah, I'm really liking the development of Tigh's and Tyrol's characters. Though, I must admit, crashdown must DIE.

DE

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I love the new Battlestar Galactica series! It's way topnotch over the old series, which was kinda bland but still entertaining and cool to me as a 9 years old kid.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Battlestar Season 3 discussion

[edit on 25-11-2006 by sardion2000]

top topics

join